Reviews for Triptych: Ekaterin's Story
triggerpoints chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
Good lesson for our society, too!
wolf550e chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
At first I thought the problem was the women did not get contraceptive implants and didn't want to risk getting pregnant. Turns out the problem was the men didn't get Betan sex education. This seems strange: usually neglected wives find men to please them, and the men can usually find out how to do that. Unless of course, they get in a group and their collective IQ drops...
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 9/11/2010
Falls over laughing hysterically. Oh, yes, I can actually see this happening...and Ekaterin is offering the only real solution. Heh.

Marvelous!
Amanthya chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
I laughed to myself when you first presented the "problem". You handled Ekaterin's character quite well, showing her continuing love of gardening and her growth as she handles her new role and tries to become comfortable with it, taking inspiration from her predecessor.

The way she herself looks forward to telling Miles and planning the right moment is itself so wonderful I enjoy that though I don't get to read the actual moment.

Basically, I loved it.

Kudos for the involvement of Miles's daughter without taking the spotlight away from the main character and adding details from the stories, like the progressive nature of Miles's count-ship and that Ivan still comes around for food.

Also bonus points for realistic hill-folk will a problem I can actually see them having.
pegeen chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
What a great story. Ekaterin is a joy, and her handling of this unexpected side effect of uterine replication is worthy of both Cordelia and Miles!
GoldenRoya chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Oh... *tries for dignified response* *fails* *laughs head off*

Amazingly well done! I could hear Cordelia's voice mixing with Ekaterin's during a lot of it; Miles certainly found himself a worthy Countess. I was about hysterical when the hill-folk first presented their problem. "Oh"..."Oh my." Totally, wholly, completely Ekaterin!

Very true to the world. It's an aspect of the world's central technology that hasn't been explored yet (that I know of - still waiting eagerly for LMB to put out the next one!), and you handled it well, true to life. I had to laugh when I read Miles' one line - it's very [i]Miles[/i], somehow... And Ekaterin's "She'd have to time [telling Miles] just right, for maximum effect." Laughed. My. Head. Off.

I'm with Kling on this one; I wanna see Miles' reaction!
Kling chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Please add chapters to this on I want to see Miles reaction to this ;)
AngusH chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
I really liked this story, it was fun and it showed Ekaterin in a nice way.