Reviews for Come Home
lizook chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
This is such a wonderful surprise from you. I know how much you have to be just in the right mind frame to do a piece like this, but when you do they're so IC and wonderful I can't help but wish we'd get more of them from you.

"She kicked her shoes off at the door, even though he never did—just a force of habit—and made her way into the kitchen"

Love that bit of contrast - the idea that she knows him well enough to know his habits and yet she can't help but follow through on her own...

"He set his keys very gently on the table next to the front door, and even though she could not see him from around the corner she could guess what he was doing—listening"

The silence of the moment, of him listening, is infused in this sentence. I'm not entirely sure how you did it, but you get that feeling of pause, of quietness, both of them stopping and waiting. So perfect that she knows what he's doing without even being able to see it...

and then, this:

"This is really, really nice. I needed somebody to come home to.” She felt a surge of something rush up her spine and prickle the hairs on her neck, and she took a deep breath, letting it out slowly and sinking further into him.

“You’re welcome,” she said, looking up at him as she felt his fingers trace lazily up and down that part of her spine that had previously been tingling. Now it was on fire.

“Thank you,” he said, leaning in and resting his forehead against hers like he belonged there—like he had come home to rest. He had."

Gah, I adore how his words send that "something" rushing through her and instead of backing away, she just leans further in, accepting it. That last image of him putting his forehead against hers, both of them finally coming home? Perfection.

Wonderful job!
deltainfinity chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
Aw. That was nice and fluffy! Yay for fluff! :) Maeghan
xBonesnCsiMiamifan419x chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
Hi! I think I'm the first person to review! YAY! I really liked it. Amazing job! That was so cute! My favorite line is where Booth said "I needed somebody to come home to.” I think I 'awwed' a little. :P

Thanks for the cute read! :D Have a nice day!
Chicklit chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
This is really nice - it shows how muhh Brennan has grown as a character, and the hug is very Boothy (which is Bones-Speak for "in character"). Thanks!
MadeOfStars chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
Short but oh-so-sweet. Loved it!
35 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3