Reviews for Miles Apart
lmill123 chapter 1 . 5/23
I have read this story before and always felt that Vance needed to pull his head out of his rear end. Tony made a very good and valid point. Computers are nothing more than another tool for them to use. And an even bigger point, the type of investigative skills Tony has will always be needed. Their skills can't be replaced by some machine. Something that has always been clear where Vance and McGee are concerned. Both men either never learned or have forgotten that computers, just like their weapons is nothing more than another tool. Besides, before McGee, Tony was the one doing all the computer work and research. So Vance's statement and McGee's beliefs are wrong when it comes to Tony's skills and knowledge where computers are concerned. Besides, if Tony can set up a prank on McGee using the computer and McGee isn't able to correct the problem, you have to ask yourself. Who really has the greater computer skills. Something that McGee took hours trying to correct and unable to but Tony fixes in only minutes. And Abby has way too much work to do all the research for Gibbs. Tony has never once admitted he isn't skilled with computers,all he's ever said was that he found computers boring. And with the way Tony's mind thinks outside the box, and processes information it's understandable that he would find computers boring. Because his throught process works like a computer, a more highly advanced computer than what McGee is use to. Sort of like Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds and the way his mind is able to bring up and process information. Spencer quotes things from books he read. Tony quotes and makes connections from movies he's seen.
bjq chapter 1 . 1/22
fabulous
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 1/16/2015
Good call, Vance. Check that degree.
Kagome Avalon chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
That was great. Do you have ny stories that has Vance actully watching Tony working and interacting with the team?
njferrell chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
I remeber thinking when that show aired...I know Tim is good with computers. BUT, Tony and Gibbs worked years together(even before Kate) and solved crimes, kept up the solve rate, and they had computers...
Hacking is really the only thing Tim brings to the party. And in a pinch Abby could do that...
Fed up with this crap chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
interesting and well written
Literatifan4eva chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
Good story. I really enjoyed it
Mulderette chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
That was a great scene. I just saw this episode for the first time a few days ago and can easily picture this happening. Very nicely done :)
AZGirl chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
Great idea for a missing scene - well done!
vanishingp2000 chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
I enjoyed this very much, thank you. It does seem as though Vance is beginning to grudgingly respect Tony's abilities now (i.e. by season 7), but it has taken quite some time for him to do so. Thanks again, VP.
mtee1958 chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
good one! Would have loved to have seen that scene.

I always like fics where Tony's deductions bring a case to a successful end. I would love to read a fic where it's Tim's technical know how (and Vance's obvious bias toward him) vs. Tony's street smarts.. and I think you would know which side I want to win!
Mokibobolink chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
Great story. I always wondered what happened between Vance and Tony when he came back and how exactly it came about that Vance let him back on the team. This fit in perfectly with the episode, great job!

-Moki
The Original Geek chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
Great story. I like how you've kept Vance as still not liking (or particularily respecting, at least to my mind) Tony, buut still have given him a reason for bringing him back.