Reviews for Who Shall Inherit This Earth
kufanation chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
This is an amazing story. Write more k/u stories but make them longer.

Write an Into Darkness. S/U has never been a couple. K/U fall in love aboard the Enterprise and marry. Then Into Darkness happens with kirk dying and all that stuff. It will be great! Please do this for me please!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
This was amazing!
toxicgurl169 chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
Just came back from seeing Star Trek 2 and I needsd my Jim and Uhura fix and this was absolutely breathtaking! Beutiful job! I hope u write more!
Dimplz chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Thanks for a great Kirk/Nyota story. I think those two characters have an amazing dynamic that is so much different than what she has with Spock.

I have to say that Bitchy Nyota towards Jim isn't my favorite characterization of her, however that characterization is shown in the movies and is it is plausible she would carry some of that hostility into their mission. It makes sense, in the context of the story, that part of that hostility for Jim is driven by her confusing yet growing feelings she has for him.

I think the ending was great and it would be great if you continued the story.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
Great story! I was totally invested in k/u. Please follow up with another k/u story but make long, much longer as in an epic.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
*sighs* So romantic. Good job at making Kirk an uncertain man in love under all his jerk exterior. And the parts about how things might never have had a chance to happen because she was in love with Spock when she met Kirk.
TheHPluver chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
I loved this. Everything about it. The way it starts off with their relationship being so unhealthy and Uhura being so confused and how it eventually changes. Great writing! More Kirk/Uhura please :D
Arianka101 chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
I love the way you wrote their relationship and you got the characters so perfectly. Beautiful! More would be great.
PoorQueequeg chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
So bittersweet. I felt so painfully sorry for Spock.
TvFanatic97 chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
I really enjoyed reading this and even though you say you're not too much of a fan, you nailed the characters. You wrote Uhura very well as she was still concerned about her career and fought her feelings for Kirk.
Lleoncoeur30 chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
This is so great. It's well written, got great characterization, great dialogue, and the characters are just like the movie. This was exactly want I was looking for. Greatest Kirk/Uhura I have read so far.
Kassy chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Great job! Great story! Thank you for writing!
forever fan chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
I just found this story and thought the characterizations were amazing! I've been a K/U shipper since ST:TOS and have read the (very few) stories for these characters. This is by far one of the very BEST! I know there are Trekkies who separate the TOS characters from the ones in the ST 2009 movie, but I like to think of the characterizations as being different aspects or interpretations. Thank you for having written such a great story!
bellachaos chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Nice story. I like the Kirk/Uhura and and you write it realistically and well.
Flink88 chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
I love this story. It's so deceptively simple. But, when you break down the sentence structure, you can see the thought, the *care* & the planning that's gone into every image.

It's quite beautiful.

My favourite line: "She gives him a dismissive sort of smile, one that has her real grin living in the corners".

Everything is just pregnant with subtext. The anger and the sadness that have become constant companions for Uhura... well, they're such oppressive, dominating forces they're almost characters in their own right.

I've read this story a couple of times now and I'm obsessed by thoughts of Spock - turning up in Africa so impulsively to declare his feelings... where did that man go? What did this same period look like from his POV? When and why did he decide to break up with Uhura? What were his thoughts about Uhura and Kirk once he knew the truth? What was it like for U/K after the events in your story?

For all the mystery, I know that the story holds up very well without any of these answers. That's the mark of a really great writer. To let the reader's imagination have room to breathe... to fill in some of the details ourselves without it feeling underwritten.

I hope you'll continue to write Trek 2009 fics. I will definitely await your work with anticipation. I'm excited to see what you come up with next.