Reviews for Miracle
LisaG16 chapter 5 . 11/28/2012
great story...loved all the realizations charlie had about don and how skilled he is as an agent. don is always the self-effacing one that doesn't call attention to his successes, but i'm glad charlie got some great insights to his big brother and how good he is at his job.
Potterworm chapter 5 . 7/22/2010
Amazing story.
1st endeavor chapter 5 . 2/10/2010
Sorry I,m late; ran into a few computer issues but I think they've been resolved now. (crosses fingers)

Loved the story and as always I thought your characters were just perfect. I especially liked the fact that Charlie had an active part in the story.
jlm110108 chapter 5 . 2/9/2010
Aleo, what a great story! I love the contrast between Don's report and Charlie's experience of the events.

Jo
PattyB chapter 5 . 2/8/2010
I rate that five star, Aleo. Really, really good story and in my book,

the miracle certainly qualified.

Love the brief look at the brothers watching the old movie. In my mind's

eye I can see Don holding that menorah as well as the hero in the movie holding

the cross up against the vampire. LOL What kid hasn't watched such movies at

some time or another but not all FBI agent's are so lucky as to be able to hold

up a menorah against a drug deprived bad guy. Yup, the menorah falling into

Don's hands was a miracle . . . the fact that the gun misfired was a by-product!

I do hope you have another story for us on the front burner. These daily

updates have been wonderful to look forward to. Thank you ever so much.

Patty
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 5 . 2/8/2010
Wonderful conclusion!

I loved the miracle - the tension was so thick as Don and the gunman struggled over the weapon. I was biting my nails - then Don holds up the Menorah and the gun misfires! Wonderful!

I could see Charlie struggling with the officer, wanting to know what had happened to Don. Very real characterization.

For the third time - Wonderful! Really enjoyed this one, girl. I know you don't do Charlie too often, but he really added to this story. Thanks.
gypsy71 chapter 5 . 2/8/2010
Thank you for this exciting and well thought out story, made all the more interesting by contrasting Don's cold, detached statement and Charlie's emotional turmoil.

I loved the way the story unfolded gradually; even though from chapter two it was told in hindsight, you kept the details of their injuries hidden and that added to the tension.

You got the characterisations just right too; Charlie didn't go to pieces like he does with a lot of writers! He had the presence of mind to give Don some first aid and he managed to look after Ms Levi.

I thought you did an excellent job of getting into Charlie's head and despite their different responses I thought Charlie came out of the experience understanding his brother a bit better.

Thanks for sharing!
Wenwalke chapter 5 . 2/8/2010
That was an amazing story as all your stories are.

I really enjoyed the way you combined Charlie's recollection of the event and Don's statement.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Wendy
Maz101 chapter 5 . 2/8/2010
Great story with an interesting setting to give an extra symbolic layer to the action and the characters I thought. I liked your use of the interspersed statement clips - the difference they represented in the brothers was really clever and it was an effective device for exposition and a change of pace. For a strange moment I thought that a bullet was actually going to ricochet off that minorah - I should have known you could never be so cheesey! Great writing - as ever.
Cissyaliza chapter 5 . 2/8/2010
Very good fic, another time.

Congraturaltions.
Synbou chapter 5 . 2/8/2010
ALEO,

Thank you for another excellent story. I really enjoyed the story line and the way it was told, that was different and nicely done.
cecne chapter 5 . 2/8/2010
Nice conclusion. I liked the way you structured it with Don's report followed by Charlie's POV. Thanks for sharing.
weldolet chapter 5 . 2/8/2010
Loved it. Nicely rounded up. Great how Don anticipates exactly what Charlie needs. What a hero! :)

I really like how you write understated angst...you don't over egg the pudding at all and it fits really well with the characters.

I think its also good that you don't mention Alan, Amita or Robin here either...this is between brothers only and again that fits so well.

Thanks for another great story from a great writer!
PattyB chapter 4 . 2/7/2010
I'm really looking forward to that miracle!

I take it all back about being disappointed when you

first used Don's statement to progress the story. The

comparison of the two versions of the event is like

the calm after a storm versus the winds of a tornado

as it is happening.

I hate for it to end tomorrow but I'm definitely looking forward to that next chapter.
weldolet chapter 4 . 2/7/2010
A very clever way of telling the story. Subtle use of flashback that clearly demonstrates the different traits of the brothers. Love how Charlie is in awe of how Don quickly assimulates information and processes it in this situation - just how Charlie does with a math problem.

I remember an episode where David (I think) says to Alan, "Alan how can you have two sons who are so different yet so alike?"

Can't wait for the climax!