Reviews for My Promise To You
tia8206 chapter 7 . 6/2/2010
Hahaha, OK, Ben is like, totally hovering right now.

This whole piece has been heartbreakingly wonderful, but I really love that you thought to end it with a letter from Hurley. And especially your writing style was just exactly what Hurley would have written. Perfect!
justawritier chapter 7 . 5/30/2010
aww that was really good! I really enjoyed the story. Love the comparsion to Han/Leia mu friends and I always make the comprasion :)
koralina chapter 7 . 5/30/2010
I understood your idea about different worlds finally :) There are other worlds so I believe you that she could exist somewhere.

About your last chapter: You were right it gave me hope ;)

It is very symbolic that last letters are from their friends Rachel and Hugo instead of Jules and James. Hugo is so direct and pretty in his words. I'd want to quote all letter.

His characteristics of Sawyer are so correct

" He would have done anything you told him to, and I think the fact that you didn't boss him around or ever ask him to do the wrong thing made him love you even more. "

" I guess I'm writing to you now just in case he decides to do something stupid and never write to you again because he thinks he doesn't deserve it. "

His Star Wars mentions are so funny.

"he'd go all Darth Vader on us"

"I really hope you've seen Return of the Jedi. Someone has to explain who Anakin is to Sawyer." :)

And his last phrase is the best.

"I hope you're at peace, Juliet. Sawyer needs something good to look forward to."

Thank you for all! It was joy to read those letters along with watcing last season. I can only repeat that you made a great job.

P.S. I'd be happy to read your other (happier) fics ;)
eyeon chapter 7 . 5/30/2010
Gah! Still teary, but hopeful! You got it just right. I wouldn't have guessed Hurley, but you wrote him, and the end of this story perfectly-and I don't usually take endings, especially the ones that make me cry, too well.

Glad you'll still be writing ('cause I think one story missed a turn :-)
lormats chapter 7 . 5/30/2010
love it
kab16 chapter 7 . 5/29/2010
awww, loved it! you have hurley spot on. i love that he wrote to her. love the hopeful ending. and the part with ben was funny :)

thanks for this! great story!
koralina chapter 6 . 5/28/2010
It's... I don't know what to say.

First it was shock that letter belonged Rachel. Then it was anguish about Jules. And then... how could you? It isn't fair that she died exactly when he gave a chance to be with her.

I don't accuse you. It is great. And I hope there wiil be his last letter before they'll meet There. But it is so sorrowfully now.
eyeon chapter 6 . 5/26/2010
Awww, that is so sweet, touching, and agonizing all at the same time. Thought I wasn't going to cry anymore but you hit all the right notes (in a good way).

Was that "hopeful"? (I'm thinking maybe not, but then I'd always like to read more).
tntlostfan chapter 6 . 5/26/2010
Lovely chapters. That was a weird dream but I like it. I am sad that Juliet died but I hope her last memory was about her precious James.
kab16 chapter 6 . 5/26/2010
oh no! :O this was so sad!

can't wait to see where you take it though!
justawritier chapter 6 . 5/26/2010
oh that was so sad and beautiful 3
Jennay chapter 5 . 5/20/2010
This chapter made me laugh, but it also made me a bit sad for Juliet.

That dream was crazy. Did you make that up or did you actually dream that? I've had crazy LOST dreams. We were all in a classroom and Sawyer was talking to Spiderpig (from the Simpson's movie) and the pig could talk back...and it was wearing a bow and sitting in a desk.

LOST inspires weird dreams. Awesome, but weird.

So, I really loved this chapter thoguh!
makealist chapter 5 . 5/19/2010
Oh Goodness. This story makes me cry. Like I got real tears, and I don't know if I've done that reading FF before. And then this dream in Ch 5 is so . . .dreamlike - perfect and happy and also plain old weird. Hurley the doctor? Phil asking for James' autograph!
kab16 chapter 5 . 5/18/2010
Haha, great chapter! What an interesting dream! :)

please update soon! i rwally love this!
kab16 chapter 4 . 5/18/2010
I really like this. Absolutely loved these two lines:

"The years I had with you, they feel like seconds now, like a moment in my life that I was given just to show me how miserable a man like me can get, how little I should have."

and

"I can't stand the thought of you watchin us, so please, if you can hear me, turn away. We'll be gone soon anyway."

They just show so perfectly what Sawyer's feeling
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »