Reviews for Healing in Tandem
Nashara chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
This is brilliantly written. I loved the entire thing from start to finish, but I think my favorite points of views were Don's and Mike's. Donatello's description of what happened, even with his eyes closed half the time, had me cringing in fear and left me wondering if there would be one less turtle around to heal.

Wonderfully written, and definitely the way the show should have been if it weren't aimed for children.
KameTerra chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
This is well-written, and has some good insight into a seldom-explored episode. Each segment had things that I really liked, but it was Raphael's section that compelled me to leave a review. I could really HEAR Raphael's voice in this, and the dynamic between Raph and Casey felt very real, very natural. Casey's words, clumsy and wise at the same time, got through to Raph as none of his family members' words could. Very nicely done.

I guess only have a couple of objections. One is, I don't think this story really needed an "M" rating. There was nothing really explicit, and IMO it would take REALLY graphic violence to warrant an "M" rating. That, or sexual content, which of course this story doesn't contain. A "T" rating would probably be fine, and then it could have wider readership, which it certainly deserves. :)

The second object, I realize is just personal character interpretation, but I do have to say that I think Mike not speaking for an entire week after a traumatic incident seems like a bit much. After all, he really wasn't badly hurt, and they all came out of it okay. It seems to me that with all of the dangerous situations they've been in, Mike would bounce back a little more quickly! He always seems like such an extrovert, that to withdraw entirely would be extreme.

That being said, the way you handled his POV with the short bit at the end made it as believable as it could be to me. :) Nice job! I'll look forward to reading more from you.

Cheers,

KameTerra
meganechan720 chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
This is so bittersweet. I love the way you handled everyone's different ways of healing. And you're totally right, a lot of bad stuff happened in that episode, and, being a kid's show, they couldn't really deal with the aftermath too much, which is a shame. But I guess that's what fan fiction is for, and you've done an excellent job.
devirnis chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
This is honestly one of the best stories I've ever read. I completely agree with you, though - I was expecting a little more excitement in "Worlds Collide" then what we actually got, but oh well. This fic more than makes up for it.
Strgrl4eva chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Alright... that was decidedly creepy. :) But unspeakably well written. Sent shivers crawling up and DOWN my spine. Ha. Very good. I pretty much love it. You're story's was recommened on 'Stealthy Stories' did you know? :D
SuseCutesy89 chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Awww. It's so sad. But I love how wise mikey is at the end of the story. An they say he's the dumb one. Great story.
timme chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
loved mikey's part in the end. Casey was pretty brilliant too. nice job.
Gohanzgirl chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
I love this! Wonderful writing! Poor Mikey! Poor entire family (Case, and April included) Again I loved reading!
Longing for Leo chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Yes, I agree that "Worlds Collide" ended very anti-climatically, and yours is much more satisfying. I especially liked the Raph-Casey part at the end (yay Casey-wisdom) and Mikey's "tomorrow's a big day" comment. Nicely done!
sait4soreyes chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
Excellent writing and characterizations; I think that's pretty much exactly how everybody would have handled the situation you put in. My heart wrenched for Mikey but loosened back up just a little bit again with the end. :)
LuWho chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Wow! This is the best story I've read in a long time. I love your writing style. Please continue?
recyclablefoxx chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
Wow, this story is just fantastic. You got all the characters and psychological impact to a T. I look forwards to reading more stories from you.