Reviews for Naruto: The Reckoning
Danzo is evil. Why? He has no bounds. He's willing to do anything to achieve his goals. He's got no morals.
FicWader chapter 2 . 8/11/2014
So ... fucking ... bad ... the whole premise is shit rly :/ Jiraya would simply seal Naruto from outside chakra interference - so Danzos remote, if he had any, would be shit and kill him.
Well at least you write good summaries... got me to open first chapters of 2 of your fics. In the other one, among other nonsense I quit after Sarutobi let civilian council rage around for 15 minutes... rly... hokage tired after kyuubi attack and being forced back to office would let some fat merchants wail into his ears for 15 fucking minutes? Hilarious. That to say, civilian council in its entirety is just fanon as the only members were danzo koharu and homura. There isnt even clan council. The only time clan leaders meet in a council with Hokage was war council that came with 4th war.
WarpRaider chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
I really want to like your story but the one thing I want explained is how Naruto would be able to have the Kyuubi sealed in him if he's not an Uzumaki, since in canon and according to Naruto wiki only an Uzumaki could handle the Kyuubi being sealed in them. Other than that I really like it.
coso chapter 9 . 9/22/2013
An excellent take on naruto universe and the way danzo acts as hokage. Naruto is believable, and the others too. I wonder if they will ever take danzo out, he seems to be doing well as hokage.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/26/2013
It's about damn time. I'm tired of reading time-travel stories, or those which change pre-canon events, that keep retaining the Ame trio as they were. Someone needed to kill Nagato, and the way he died here is fitting. I'd keep a close... eye... on those body bags, though.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
Meh. I understand your reasoning, but I'll have to side with the reviewer. Danzo got away with so much in canon because he took so long to plan crap. He didn't move overtly or hastily. Not to mention Root had an abysmal success rate anyway. Also, Kishimoto sucks at details, there's a shit ton of crap which he simply handwaves. Like say the consistency of technology in the series. What I'm saying here is that even if that opportunity had presented itself, I can't see Danzo moving in on Naruto. That pretty much goes against everything he supposedly stands for, like a spy abandoning years of deep cover subterfuge to make away with a unique cache of info. Except here Danzo isn't going anywhere. So he can't actually risk taking a more active hand at that point in time. It'll fuck up things too much, that doesn't fit into his fingers-in-every-pie style. It'd be far more likely he assign someone to watch Naruto at first.

And Danzo never got caught in canon is precisely one of Kishimoto's missteps. He didn't HAVE Danzo in mind early in the story. It was another one of those backdated deus ex machina, "oh and by the way, this old chum of Hiruzen apparently stayed in the shadows and ran a black ops outfit". Just because it's canon doesn't mean it's perfect. I've read several good analysis of the series which agree the series seemed to be planned for a showdown between Naruto and Sasuke. Then it got so popular Kishimoto didn't really have time to plan out stuff, he just started making things up as he went along - really, the Juubi? Obito? Tell me those were in right from the very start, and I'll laugh. Hell, mass edo tensei is retarded as all get out. Oh look, a free excuse to make the appearance of a shit ton of legendary but supposedly dead ninja. There's a phrase for when this kind of thing happens in stories, it's called jumping the shark. So, no, canon is not a good example.

You write well enough that it's still worth reading on to see what you got planned, I just don't like the premise.
Ibskib chapter 4 . 7/2/2013
At first I thought the title of this fic was alluding to well, a later reckoning with Danzo. I came to doubt that a bit with how you tried to paint a more nuanced picture of Danzo, but then he had someone mindrape Naruto, no matter if he might feel some slight guilt, that definitely makes him an antagonist.
On another note, you might think it looks better to have the names of the countries in japanese, I just found it an annoyance, having to look up names several times really breaks the flow of the narrative, and I'm probably far from the only reader that had to do that.
The Kumo thing is one of the things I disliked most about canon, and fics that follows canon background, nice to see that Konoha isn't Kumo's bitch in this story.
Bluesnowman chapter 9 . 6/21/2013
interesting so far.
Isaac Prewett chapter 9 . 6/3/2013
Good chapter xD cant wait for the war with kumo!
TheBeardedAsshat chapter 9 . 6/3/2013
'As they're supposed to be' according to who exactly? Fucking ff authors trying to claim canon is different to how kishi wrote it lol
TheBeardedAsshat chapter 5 . 6/3/2013
This storey gets less and less believable with each chapter, just stop.
Unlimited Power chapter 9 . 6/2/2013
That's an absorbing story. I enjoy it mostly for Danzo and his manipulations. He's more of a main character than Naruto who is still a child and developing. I appreciate the fight scenes (even if Pain appeared to be a total idiot), they're well written, but the real strength of the story for me is the political sphere. And of course, the badass old fossils like Danzo, Sandaime and Hanzo. Can't wait when you will throw Onoki into the mix, also I'm curious about Orochimaru and if he would try to attack Danzo's Konoha.

About Danzo's plan - it looks well-thought out and have a good chance of success since all these nations would benefit from going through with it, but I'm sure Onoki wouldn't go down that easily. Isn't it suspicious that one Jinchuuriki left Iwa and disappeared from radar? I don't believe they would just let one of their best weapons leave like that. Also, though it seems like Iwa doesn't have any allies on their side, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a case. I just don't see them sitting around and twiddling thumbs, when they have to know they're the only ones preventing Konoha from waging a full-scale war against Kumo.
L3onidas chapter 9 . 6/1/2013
karthik9 chapter 9 . 6/1/2013
It is excellent chapter.I look forward to future updates.
dalulzing chapter 9 . 6/1/2013
This is one of the most honest portrayals of Danzo so far, although I believe that the juinjutsu was careless and will backfire in a horrible way