Reviews for SQA Past Paper: English : Silent Watchers of Paris
Ab55556 chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
First off, I reckon you are both very lucky girls to be allowed to do this in English in the first place, betas our poetry essays...

Anyway, I'm denfiitely really impressed by the way you managed to write both of these so well from such little instruction or planning.

"This is Paris, and they are watching"

Great finishing line there Hayley!

Hannah, may I also compliment you HIGHLY on yours, very good.

Hannah, you have great intesity in this, into this mans thoughts, and I am actually very intrigued, I want to know what happens next, and what he is planning.

Like the whole emphasis in Hay's of the gargoyles guarding the city too, very good :)

Sorry I can't say more, I'm off to Em's, but very well done, both of you!

bluedragon1836 chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
Ooh, I like it!
thecolouryes chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
I WANT YOUR ENGLISH CLASS! I would so love to have the opportunity to write creatively and have it count as classwork... but no, my English teacher is the Journalism teacher and not so keen on creative writing...

Anyway, these are both really awesome. I like the subtle references to everything that still make it perfectly clear who you're talking about - when you talk to the fans. Otherwise, you're talking about some really cool but obscure topic. Hmm. I wish my teacher would let us do creative things; I'd love attempting to throw all sorts of characters into my creative writing and see who does (and doesn't) pick up on it...

enigma-kar chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
Loved this - great work both of you! :) I remember having to do something similar at our school, only the theme was 'time'. You can image what tangent I went off on for that one.

Anyways, really loved these, especially the description. That was very well done. Thanks for the lovely reads,

Kar, xx
Hayley cba logging in chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
Love the fact we managed to write this without peeking over each others shoulders. P

Yes, very subtle FF there Hannah, congrats.

Whereas mine would be more a DW *inspired* blahdy blah *insert smart sounding stuff*.

I like your ending, I mean, I quite like mine too, but I've read mine before. I like yours.

"It filled his rock vessels with deepest loathing and lust." has to be, like, the greatest sentence though. :)

Yes, muchly approve.