Reviews for Up, Up, and Away
ulfark chapter 1 . 5/4
you shouldn't put multiple chapter titles in a single chapter. if it was just that then it would be acceptable but the author notes in between kill reader immersion in your story. i immediately stop following along and start skimming to see where the story picks up again.

case in point i skimmed a bit and stopped half way to write this review. i could have also just left if i wasn't obsessed with finding a good SG-1 crossover the last few days.

you have to see your story as a rail road and your author note is a separate railroad. and every switch between them is jarring and risks running the train of the rails. the less author notes you have the better in general. though it isn't a problem if you just put them at the end. by then the story is over anyway and i'm not looking to see where it starts anymore and it's a decent prompt then to make the reader review. though not always effective.

also on average you'll only get one review for every one thousand hits and most of those will be from the same reviewers who come back. so don't expect too much. you'll get increasingly more if your story is consistently good and updates frequently. also the fandom you're in is critical.

this is a very small one so you're not going to get much exposure. i have seen fics get hundreds of reviews in other small ones but those had some meat to the story and were good. it also helps if you have other good stories in other fandoms.
Xebeca chapter 4 . 5/12/2014
Not sure if you ate still writing but I would love to read the rest of this.
YouKnowWho chapter 4 . 8/27/2013
First of all, Beckett is SCOTTISH, not IRISH. That'd probably sound offensive to him. Otherwise, I think that while it's a little rough around the edges, this story is pretty great. Sometmes, you tend to trail off and leave things with loose ends, but the plot is there. I think it might make sense to explain in a bit more detail what happened after Hogwarts with Ron and Hermione, because they WERE together at the end of the Battle of Hogwarts. Also, how much time has passed? And why is there such little mention of the Weasleys or anybody that was important to Hermione at the end of the book?
Furthermore, Crookshanks was set free before the 6th book. If you'd notice, there was no mention of him until Ron is saying "If only we still had Crookshanks" in the 7th book when they're on their way to the Shrieking Shack.

I think this story has a lot of good ideas, but you left lots of loose ends in your writing that would make it much more interesting and understandable. Keep up this story, I look forward to reading more.
Pyra Sanada chapter 4 . 6/12/2013
I hope you'll continue this one! It sounds interesting!
RoughIslandSunrise chapter 4 . 4/11/2013
I can't wait to see what develops between mionie and rodney
angel897 chapter 4 . 3/1/2013
rather intresting story to read so please keep writing kay
Regin chapter 4 . 1/13/2013
I Like, I Lust, I Love!Please Update Soon!
Sitanya chapter 4 . 8/6/2012
I hope you didn't stop writing for this story ! It is sooo nice ! :)
CJaMes12 chapter 4 . 7/28/2012
This is good, I know it's been over a year, but if you ever pick this story up again I'd be interested. My only caveat is that Beckett is Scottish, not irish, aside from that, Good job.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/14/2012
please continue!
forestreject chapter 4 . 4/2/2012
Lol, it's nice to know she can handle McKay. What does Ronon make of her casing the room everytime she enters one? And does she get sent on any missions? (love the "CONSTANT VIGILANCE!".)
cosmoGirl666 chapter 4 . 2/21/2012
heyster1 chapter 4 . 2/5/2012
nice story. I wish I could find more stories like this one. it's been a year so i'm guessing this is an abandoned story. If you do read this review then I hope you continue writing this story. I like the background you gave hermoine. please keep writing.
Guest chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
good story
ephemeral violet chapter 4 . 8/11/2011
Awesome story so far! I really like seeing things from Hermoine's point of view. Keep up the good work!