Reviews for The Sea
Ethera O chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Somehow I'd skipped over this one when I read all your Thane/Shepard stories but I finally just read it and agh, my heart! So much better than that crap they gave us in ME3, heh. I have to admit I geared up, even knowing what happens in Shadows. So sad and so beautiful. Great job.
BaiLia chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
I'm reading through your stories again, and having read your plea for reviews, thought I'd stop and review them, especially since I enjoyed them so much. Part of the reason I enjoy them so much is that they don't seem to have an outside agenda for the characters. A lot of stories on the site are just directed towards smut or (god forbid) self-insertion. But then, you know that. So that puts your stories above those already, but they're better than just that, because you seem to have a genuine desire to explore characters and situations and let them direct the plot, which is as it should be. In this story you manage to explore the horrible and inevitable subject of Thane's death with a bittersweet poignancy. It's not an angst-session, but it's not exactly fluff either. I suppose the best compliment I can give your writing is that it isn't so easy to define it in terms of categories.

On a purely nitpicky note, I think a page-break might help between the hospital and Shepard's room, just because the two sections flowed together in a slightly jarring fashion. Also, it should be 'a while', not 'awhile' - and that is literally all the criticism I can give you.

Phew. Hope that's enough review to keep you going for a while! Do keep on writing - I hope to get around the rest of your fics now.

Obuzzerbee chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
I stuck this story in my bookmarks to read later because I knew it would make me cry! And sure enough it did. This was just beautiful! *sniff*
Rosethorn chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
Omg! That story mad my eyes water! It's not fair that Bioware made Thane dying! Anyway, it was a great, sad, story! :)
fanglickinggood chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
i loved this.

but i definitely cried.
FenixPhoenix chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Aw, very sweet but sad. Now off to read your other story (shadows)!
Lucidique chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
Have you ever heard "The Great Below" by nine inch nails? It fits this story almost perfectly. I adored this, despite how depressing it is. It was beautifully written and full of emotion. Thank you for posting such a wonderful piece!
Noir Productions chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
I applaud you. Very few fanfics can move me to tears. But Thane Krios has my heart and you just tugged it out of my chest and stomped on it. But in a creatively good way. Very beautiful. Good job.
DarthLolita chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
You made me think of something:

Thane! Don't die! Nuh! *bawls eyes out*

Yeah...they better find a cure by Mass Effect 3 xD.

Great story.
ThinMints chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
wow... you've got me choking on tears...
JessicaJ chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Cute and sad.

I pray for a cure Thane sidequest in ME3
Kressida chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Beautiful. You did a great job here. And I love the creative insight you have with Drell culture and their memories in regards to imminent death. Brilliant.

tennyochan chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
how sad :(
Anchor654 chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Oh my goodness. Wow... that was so touching! Great job!
The Lady Posh chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Sweet and sorrowful. ( I keep thinking of what my Shepard will do (in my own little universe) once Thane dies and that is just give up (not like suicidal but passively not caring)! D D I gave her a fucked up life (Mindoir colonist/Akuze survivor) and really, how much sorrow can she take? But that's just me. ANYWAY, I did enjoy this story. I don't know what to think about the Kaidan thing (cuz I do love me some Kaidan) but it leaves some feeling of hope. Kind of. X Mixed with horrible depression. Mr.