Reviews for Stay
bbb136 chapter 5 . 8/28/2011
Aww, this was so sweet. :) I actually like how it could be interpreted as friendship or slash (or both).
Romanse chapter 5 . 7/21/2011
Sweet! Firs Sulu/Chekov fic I ever read. I enjoyed it very much!
vikky-leigh chapter 5 . 4/11/2011
"Squeaks in a rather undignified way"

That was so ADORKABLE!
bowlfullofcherries chapter 3 . 3/24/2011
i could have sworn i'd reviewed every chapter. well, the first time i read it i couldn't stop between chapters 1 and 2 to review, but i thought i had. gripping. thrilling. wonderful.
bowlfullofcherries chapter 4 . 3/24/2011
great story. thanks for the read.
Thomson chapter 5 . 3/14/2011
Great story! I was so happy Chekov didn't die!
BlueNynaeve chapter 5 . 3/13/2011
That was so sweet!
Umbrae Calamitas chapter 5 . 1/31/2011
I fear that, if you never finish Sestina, I will most certainly have to smack you. But that it neither here nor there.

This was adorable! And so unexpected! Hikaru and Pavel are adorable even as just best friends, and the fact that Hikari would rather die than leave Pavel... it's beautiful, and relatable. Also, it made me cry, which is lovely.

Hehehe... *rubs hands together* And soon, I will have all of your fics read. Mwahaha!

~ Umbrae
Above Water chapter 5 . 1/26/2011
Lovely story, good work! ;
bowlfullofcherries chapter 2 . 8/28/2010
okay, he's sick... i'm really interested!
bowlfullofcherries chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
wow, that's sad.
staggered incite chapter 5 . 8/28/2010
whoohoo! for male-bonding!
staggered incite chapter 4 . 8/27/2010
yay! whooohooo!
notoriousreviewer chapter 5 . 8/11/2010
They really do have a completely selfless love between them. Hum. I love people in a more selfish way. It's probably good that people don't often love each other like these two do, because it really is dangerous to put that much of yourself in another person...as exemplified by Hikaru nearly dying as a result of thinking Pavel was gone. But. Worth it? Maybe. Most people don't have the capacity to love like this.
notoriousreviewer chapter 2 . 8/11/2010
AFLERGOKHOKYR

I will have similar reactions until this story gives me some answers.

The way people deal with grief is fascinating. I've never thought much of "denial"...I mean, I've never seen anyone actually refuse to believe someone they're close to has died. They know it's true, unless there's no straight up evidence of the death. They immediately accept it somewhere in their mind. I think denial is the wrong word for someone's first reaction when someone close to them dies...it's just too much to take it at once, a human body can't hold that grief all of a sudden. So the mind has to shunt it off...

One of my favorite books (The Name of Wind by Patrick Rothfuss hinthint this is a rec) has this bit where the main character has to deal with an enormous loss...he says that there's basically three ways for the mind to escape from that grief until it can handle it. If I recall correctly, they are death (the most drastic, obviously), madness, and sleep. He means sleep both literally and figuratively, I think. Your mind is just hazy, blocking off the knowledge that you just lost something huge.

Anyway. This subject has been interesting me lately because I had a dream that one of my brothers died, but that I and my whole family had somehow blocked our understanding of his death so that by the next day, having a family dinner, no one had started grieving yet. In the dream you could control your emotions to a much closer tee than in real life...maybe that's what it feels like to be Vulcan. But it burst through eventually, I remember dream sobbing while laying on my back in the grass beside my dream driveway.

Er, yeah. I'll go read the story now.