Reviews for Give It Wings
SlytherinWarriorSlayer chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
If this is male shep/ashley why put it under shepard (f) aka femshep?
Rdubs chapter 3 . 2/20/2011
Hannibal this is an excellent piece of writing. It's stupid but my favorite part might be how well you capture the interaction with the sisters, namely Lynn selling Ash out for "mooning" over Shep which we all know she'd do and a sister would totally pass on.

Very well done.
ghost.713 chapter 3 . 11/14/2010
I can't tell you how excited I was to click on your profile and find Ashley fic. I'm a massive Ashley fangirl, and she's so underrepresented in the fandom that it breaks my heart. I'm glad to see folks as talented as you attempting to subvert that; quality over quantity, eh? ;)

This entire story warmed my heart. I loved the inclusion of Ashley's family and Shepard's mother. It was more than a story about Ashley and Shep, but of them as a whole, and their families are an extension of them, and thus part of that whole. The emotion and love was genuine, and there were a number of fantastic details that told me you'd done your research (the force-feedback gloves, Ashley's proper middle name, etc etc.)

I hope you continue to write Ashley-centric stories and oneshots, as I've greatly enjoyed the ones you've done so far. Thank you for sharing!
Noobbody chapter 3 . 3/19/2010
Wow, this story has everything. I really enjoyed reading it, especially the messages between Shepard and Ashley. The ending was surprising to me, didnt see that coming. :)(although I hoped for it)

bonus points for Ashleys family and Shepards mother.
Bill Gopher chapter 3 . 3/10/2010
That was a very cool story. You could have ended it at ch 1 and it still would have been a good read, but the way you finished it 2 chapters later just made it perfect. So, bravo!

This is going into my personal favorites :D
Cate Lynn chapter 3 . 3/10/2010
Definitely a great ending. And 3 cheers for my favourite quote, haha! ;) *sigh* It'd be nice to have our old love interest back on our crew and this was a cute way for it to happen.

And if you'll excuse me, I'm just going to go watch The Fox and the Hound now... lol
dyslecksec chapter 3 . 2/23/2010
Nicely done. That would definitely make for a good lead-in for ME3.
Classic Cowboy chapter 3 . 2/23/2010
excellent way to close out my friend. great story!
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 3 . 2/23/2010
aw, lovely chapter, I'm sad to see this fic end.
Classic Cowboy chapter 2 . 2/10/2010
nicely done. Is that the end of this story are are you going to hit us with some more awesome Shep/Ashness?
Cate Lynn chapter 2 . 2/9/2010
“If you love somebody, let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were.”

This is probably one of my favourite quotes in existence. Right up there with, "The kindest, most endearing word in the English language: stay."

Always nice to read more and I think you did a great job with the Williams family. :) Ash's letter was very... Ash. haha, I love her.
Jelfia Maleak chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
that was sweet. very touching, spot on.
Padbie chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
This is fantastic! I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

Okay now that I'm done squealing over it.

I really wish there would have been a way to contact Ash before the mission. I just figured my Shepard had no idea what to say or how to say it.

Your descriptive language was great and I thought the tone of the message was very "Shepard" in that it wasn't overly mushy. Just honest.

Very well done, friend. :)
Cate Lynn chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
I like the way you give the relationship hope in such a believable way. The letter felt real, and the quote at the end was really nice. Definitely appropriate. :) I'm not really sure what else to say except that I enjoyed this. It's tough, working around this whole loyalty thing. I feel like us loyal ones got punished. :( Fanfic is the only outlet now till ME3 comes along, and for what happened, even though what's out there is good, it's just not enough! haha.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on a bit. :) Again, very enjoyable, in a sad sort of way. (What other kind of way could there be, really?) Thanks for sharing this.
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
please tell me this is not the end.