Reviews for Walking Away
wolviesgal chapter 23 . 2/5/2013
Loved, loved, loved this story!

And I detected a few subtle Canadian references - those rocked. :)
Zara Zee chapter 23 . 8/21/2010
Wow! A.W.E.S.O.M.E! This was...wow!

Well-written, brilliantly plotted, a superb Sam character study, and completely compelling...I couldn't put it down!

Your story fits perfectly with canon (okay, you didn't know about the Brody thing, but never mind, minor detail!)

Sam popping pills, slugging whiskey and nearly killing himself because he was cut off from his family and trying to cope with a scary situation alone was a chilling foreshadowing of (Season 4) things to come; and that sharp left you took just before the end was absolutely inspired!

Thank you so much for sharing...did I mention this was awesome? :) ZZ.
Flaca514 chapter 23 . 7/1/2010
Wow great twist, and it could be a possible in the show.
foreverchrisfan chapter 23 . 6/30/2010
Wow! Never saw that one coming in a million years. It makes complete sense, but still, completely blind-sided me. I have really enjoyed this story.
Medic04 chapter 23 . 6/29/2010
Wow. What an awesome ride! I love AU's. People don't seem to get that what we see is only a slice of the boys lives. I never understood some people's insistence on cannon. I mean it has been done before.

That was definitely one of my all time fave stories. Even if it did have those two overgrown pigeons Uriel and Zachariah in it. Gotta love to hate them!

Don't be a stranger. I'm going to miss seeing you in my in-box so hurry back!

~Michelle
cornev chapter 23 . 6/29/2010
OMG! I didn't realize this was your last chapter! No! Its over.

LOVED the Free Will bit. That line about the final decision always coming down to free will and the angels not being able to force humans into anything - you pretty much summed up season 5 in one paragraph. Awesome, awesome. That got me a couple of looks at my desk as I 'oooo'd' out loud.

And I just love to hate those smarmy angels Zach and Uriel. You totally did a bang-up job of nailing both of their personalities.

Totally amzing how you took your waaay-AU story and wrapped it back seamlessly into Kripke's cannon, even explaining a few gaps that Kripke left out. I mean totally.

Poor Sam! And poor Jess...for a tiny fleeting moment I thought you were going to let her live. *sigh* oh well, I suppose she had to die to bring our boys back together so - for that, s'pose it was worth it! :)

I'm so sad this is over - I was all excited to see another way-ahead-of-schedule update in my inbox and I almost died when I noticed the 'complete' notification. I absolutely loved this story - the beginning was great but then it just kept getting better and better and by the end was just unbelievably good.

You did an excellent job - kudos. Don't take too long off, we'll miss you.

-Corrie
cornev chapter 22 . 6/29/2010
OK, I read this on Sunday but didn't have time to review (pesky houseguests gettin in my business! don't mess with my fanfic time!) so this is being written from memory.

Loved Dean telling Jess to shut up and get moving - ha! Love Jess but Dean knows when to be nice and when tough love is needed.

And of course, the Dean!whumpage. Bleeding , injured Dean pushing himself beyond normal human boundaries of stoisism (is that even a word?) and bravery ...*sigh* is there anything more beautiful? Awesome, awesome job.

The conversations between Jess and Sam were spot on perfect.

Just don't drown them all!

-Corrie
booksmartblonde333 chapter 23 . 6/28/2010
This. Was. EPIC! and I'll totally favorite you. ;)
BranchSuper chapter 23 . 6/28/2010
Snap - back to canon! Did not see that coming... I rather liked the AU version. I'll keep an eye out for your next effort. (Don't wash away in all this rain. I hope Canada Day is a nice one!)
BetahimeTsukiko chapter 23 . 6/28/2010
TwT Poor Jess, I reeeeeeeeaaaaaaly hate Uriel and Zachariah, both of them are douche bags to the nth power! Really awesome story, I'm sad to see it go, but I guess I must have missed the episode where it announced Jess's pregnancy cause I never knew she was preggers. Those jerks were seriously messed up!
megancatherine chapter 22 . 6/28/2010
i am getting totally sucked into this story! please update as soon as possible!
neutron91 chapter 22 . 6/27/2010
Well, what can I say? This fic is awesome. This chapter left me breathless a few times in anticipation for the next event. I have to say it is a very well done story, thanks for that.

The talk between Sam and Jess in that cave was so moving, and the inserts of Sam's thoughts made it even better.

You surely have a gift for writing, please don't ever give up. :)
BranchSuper chapter 22 . 6/27/2010
Ah, yes, hellhound still alive. Not so good. Jess, however, is strong enough to accept the truth about Sam's past and decide he's worth keeping. Now they all have to make it out of the wilderness in one piece, but Dean's badly injured and Jess and Sam are not doing so good in the river either. Bad cliffhanger!
Medic04 chapter 22 . 6/27/2010
Wow. I didn't even get to give you kudos on the last chapter. Jessica really kicked ass. Would have given Jo a run for her money, and probably won.

This chapter was awesome too. Jess being so pissed off but taking everything in stride. As much as someone not in the know can. Great!

~Michelle
booksmartblonde333 chapter 22 . 6/27/2010
Oh the angst. I'm really quite curious as to how you're planning on tying this in with the pilot... Or are you doing that?