Reviews for Because I Love You
Cartmanbrah chapter 10 . 5/29
You gotta do one for Love Never Dies. Like that one timw she did that they had a kid together and she goes back to Cartman
cortez30 chapter 10 . 4/13/2014
Wow I'm actually fluttered I'm tearing up
RuexMytholover chapter 10 . 4/14/2013
I loved it! It had a beautiful ending and Im glad you didn't go the cliche route of making Wendy fall for Cartman, because in the actual phantom of the opera Christine loved whats his face. (Forgot his name). Thought it was really well written and it had a good story line. Also every part that had Kenny made me laugh.
Mattyxmk chapter 10 . 3/31/2012
I thought that it was well written and had a good plot. Usually I don't really like unrequited love, but how this story could still leave on a good note make it unique. It also had great comedy and chemistry between the characters. It's hard to find a good fic with Wendy and Cartman.
jemasbeeky chapter 10 . 1/27/2012
ok, so heres my experience reading this story in a nutshell:

never seen the phantom of the opera before. read the first chapter. see the relation to the phantom and decide put music from said movie on as i read. read the second chapter, decide to watch the movie, against your warning. watch the 2004 movie, fucking cry my eyes out. read the rest of the story, cry again, worship the ground you walk on.

even though im for cartmanXwendy all the way this is so, so beautifully written that i even love the end where they dont end up together. thank you so much also because now i love the phantom of the opera! 3
Mad House chapter 10 . 12/28/2011
I like how it is based off of one of my favorite plays/opera's. It does not get away from the character's personality but has the twist of them being older and much more mature. It has the right amount of suspense and drama to not make it over board dramatic. It is one of my top favorites, thank you for making it, it is a pleasure to read.
RobbieO81769 chapter 10 . 11/17/2011
I'm a big fan of crossover fiction, though I haven't found a lot that I have liked. But I appreciate good detail and structure in fanfiction since I usually don't run across really amazing ones frequently. I guess if I had to nail it down to specifics, I really liked your interpretation of Cartman. I'm working on a Candy story myself and the detail was great. It fit in nicely with the Phantom plot (I don't know why but it took me until about the 5th chapter before I put together the whole "Eric" being his name thing haha) and you did a great job rounding out the characters. :)
Ruexmytholover chapter 10 . 11/5/2011
WOW! WOW! WOW! You have made me fall in love with the phantom of the opera again. It was my favorite movie when I was 8. This was an incredible fic. It was so amazing and every one was in character. I felt so bad for cartman I cried. Just like I did when I first saw the phantom. This fic had such a beautiful ending. I am so glad I found this. it's exactly the kind of south park fic I was looking for. And you did great job too.
FonicsMonkey chapter 10 . 10/2/2011
This is actually the first South Park fanfic I ever read... I read it a few months ago, and on Friday when I decided to stop being lazy and actually put stuff on my profile, I favorited all the best fics I've read, and of COURSE yours one of them.

Honestly, it is THE best fic I've read. And I've read many.

I've never seen Phantom of the Opera, nor did I really know what it was about, but that didn't hinder my enjoyment at all. Your characters came out flawlessly; I couldn't have imagined them as adults any better myself. The relationship between Cartman & Wendy is PERFECT-most people who write Cartman/Wendy fics make them fall for each other for no apparent reason, but seriously, Wendy hates Cartman, so you need to think of a good reason for them to be together. You, my friend, came up with a very plausible scenario.

And don't even get me started on the Music of the Night chapter... Wow. Just...wow. It's breathtakingly perfect in every way. Bravo.

So to answer your question, what did I think of it?

I think it was magic. You need to be a published novelist (unless you already are, which wouldn't surprise me in the least).

Sincerely,

FonicsMonkey
spincrus chapter 9 . 6/10/2011
That was a nice fic. I was hoping a somehow happy ending for Cartman but, this way is far better i guess. More realistic.

Anyways, i enjoyed it. Good job and thank you!
AceTiff12 chapter 10 . 12/31/2010
My favorite songs from Phantom of the Opera were playing in my head as I was reading.

I assume Mr. Fluffy Kitty is the kitten of Cartman's old cat, maybe? If it's a new pet, I'm so glad he chose to get another cat instead of any other animal. XD

I loved the tension in chapter nine's climax. I was half-expecting an all-out fight between Cartman and Stan over Wendy, but it was much better having it be so... suspenseful.
flannelninja chapter 10 . 11/16/2010
That made me cry. Twice. I've seen the phantom of the opera a million times, and the first time I saw this, I was like "oh god, -facepalm-, there's no way that can work out." But you did it beautifully. It made so much sense...

I really hate Stan right now... merble...

But anyway, as beautiful as this was, there was one thing that bothered me. Eric having a craptastic life. He's a little too manipulative for that don't you think? I understand though, it was important to the plot and whatnot. Just something to think about in the future.
BensonsGumballs chapter 10 . 10/17/2010
Oh my god, loved this. Just loved this. It was beautiful and even if that compliment sounds cheesy, it really fucking was beautiful. Cartman's point of view really made me smile because he let her go because he loved her that much. The fact that he felt happy because he made her happy, even if that met letting her go with Stan, was just real love right there and that made me cry. You jerk, this is the second time you made me cry during the same fucking story. XD. Really though, this was an amazing story. Sniff.. I LOVE YOU. Right.
Agirl2Nerdy chapter 10 . 10/17/2010
What a really great way to finish the story it's almost as if events and Cartman's feelings have come full circle. I'm really sad that this is finished though but I admire you for seeing it through even if you're not so into SP anymore that takes a lot of devotion and I really appreciate it. You captured everything so well here in a really beautiful way. I'm sorry to hear that you probably won't be writing anymore SP stuff but at least I'll have this one gem to read over and over. Thanks for the shout out too that was sweet of you :)
ACompanyofSwans chapter 10 . 10/17/2010
Very nicely ended! I've got a feeling that I'll be coming back afew more times to read this story over again . . . I love that you finished with Cartman narrating in the first person, it set it apart from the other chapters and made it feel like the story really did finish (you captured his voice perfectly). Well done on not relying on the story of Phantom too heavily in this fanfiction, and just congradulations on a very well written story. Thanks for the shoutout at the end, keep writing, and well done again!
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »