Reviews for The New Mutants
Agent-G chapter 3 . 10/2/2005
Wasn't Dani buried under the ground for like 2 years in the show? But then again you must have wrote this before she was in here.

Okay I've tried to read this but it's just...well...too badly writen. You just skip over a lot of stuff like that whole thing with Dazzler and I don't like how some characters are just thrown in with them.

You need to put in more detail and increase the length of the chapters and not to rush through it. I just didn't have any fun reading this fic, sorry about that but I tried to but I couldn't get into this.

Plus this is called New Mutants but did you only have some of the New Mutants join up? Where are the others like Jamie, Ray, Bobby, Jubilee? I mean with only half of the New Mutants can this fic really be called 'New Mutants'? And if they are here how come I haven't seen them yet?

Well you asked and so I tried to read this. I can't read anymore of this cause I really just don't like this. I mean at all. You got to take your time and not rush though it all, we didn't even get to know the new characters before you either had them just join up (again without any thought on it by the characters) or they were no longer in the story (Emma and the Hellions)
Agent-G chapter 2 . 10/2/2005
Okay let me get this straight...they just walk in off the street to a reclusive school with no parents, money or anything...and they just get accepted without question...yeah I agree this needs a MAJOR re-write or just scrap it. I mean a lot of this isnt' very realistic or makes sense.

Okay Doug I can understand but Warlock? That's a bit much. Plus all these characters just suddenly poping up with no warning at all. Then all of a sudden the Hellions just attack? You really need to slow down when writing I mean make the chapters longer and stretch out the plots. You're going through this too fast.
Agent-G chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
Okay you asked for my thoughts on this. That scene with Xavier and Sam I didn't like. I mean both were kind of OOC then they were from the show and I didn't get why it was only Sam in there.

Plus this first chapter was way too short and they just up and leave just like that? No seconds thoughts at all or even thinking about it? Plus I don't remember Sam being like this on the show so I take it your taking him from how he was later in the comics, that can be a good idea but you went a bit too far with how much to put in him.

Plus why didn't any of the others voice their own opinions? Somehow I doubt they would all feel exactly the same in this I mean who do? Plus you didn't put in their ages or when this takes place in the series. Plus I didn't get what Sam and Xavier were talking about in their second scene (some because of how you wrote Sam talking).

In all honestly I really didn't like this chapter and if the rest of it is like this then I don't think I can finish it. It all just seemed so rushed like you just wanted to get to a certain part. I mean at the end when Amara and Roberto just shrug and do it without even thinking about it. I really didn't like that I mean who makes impulsive choices just like that? It's not very realistic.
Kenne Morrison1 chapter 13 . 12/3/2003
Another cool chapter. It's interesting that Sam didn't fall head over heels for Lila, but I look forward to seeing where this goes. And I think I know who one of the mystery people are. The mystery woman, I can only guess, but I'll ask you in IM so as not to spoil it for others.
The Uncanny R-Man chapter 13 . 11/7/2003
YAY! New Mutants! WOO! Read My Story (it's on the regular X-Men page)
Missmishka chapter 1 . 10/9/2003
Wow. First thing I gotta say is go Sam! Excellently written first chapter with great buildup for more to come. The New Recruits leaving the mansion was a surprise.
T.B. Cummings chapter 12 . 6/27/2003
I'm really getting into this story. And thank you for letting Doug Ramsey live. Appreciate it. Keep up the good work.
StupidX chapter 12 . 2/23/2003
Hey, I know it's been forever since you updated, but please continue. And just out of curiosity, what was up with that Talia Josephine thing, isn't that the name of Nocturne from the Exiles?
Niteflite chapter 4 . 1/30/2003
Well, I really like this so far. I'll review more, later, but for right now, I am really glad you're doing this. I'm a big NM fan.
merlyn2 chapter 12 . 1/30/2003
Good chapter; I particularly got a kick out of Lockheed showing up (and even feuding with Lance), and Dani's mention of the Valkyries (so now I'm not the only one who's gotten in a reference to the Asgardian Wars story in a Evo fanfic).
Icon chapter 11 . 1/3/2003
This has been a great tale, nicely using names we know in ways we don't, as X-M:E has done so often. And the dialgue flows very nicely.

C'Mon though, finish the story, it's only one chapter! You have a major Cypher fan here wanting to see the little guy pull through, or else seeing how you handle him NOT pulling through.
Guest chapter 11 . 12/5/2002
DON'T LET DOUG DIE!
Filter chapter 11 . 9/16/2002
You are EVIL! evil i say! leaving the chapter with a cliffhanger like that! do keep the good writing up though, i must admit i am quite the fan _
Kenne Morrison1 chapter 11 . 9/13/2002
How could I not review this since I've proclaimed myself the #1 fan of this story. :-D This was just as great as the other chapters. I loved the interaction between the various teams. And a hats off to you, sir, for being able to have so many characters and give each one a chance to shine. You've got me on pins and needles anticipating the next chapter. I have some grammatical corrections, but I'll give them to you via email. :-)
todd fan chapter 11 . 9/13/2002