Reviews for Rocking the Boat
Sammyboy94 chapter 13 . 8/27
the Twins with Navel Artillery, that won't end well for someone.
bavintugeef chapter 3 . 8/25
I am enjoying this story keep up the good work. and to those who don't like the Main Character against the world stories, find something else to read because thats pretty much the trope of fanfics
I hate this Harry-Against-the-World theme. It's stupid and lame. Do you have no fantasie at all? Oh, and your writing style sucks. Waa waa waa Dumby used me waah! And Sirius is dead? Rightly so! Who cares for this useles shit fuck? Author go ahead and delete this I am perfectly satisfied that you've read it. Have a nice day and go looking for some talent.
himalay1729 chapter 33 . 8/18
Awesome
himalay1729 chapter 2 . 8/18
Niceo
vysirez chapter 30 . 8/17
I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with chapter 30 as well. I understand the need to analyze the fight afterwards to improve, however that wasn't what Tonks did. Tonks ripped into someone who was still likely a bit in shock from a fairly traumatic fight, and dumped all over him. So not only was Harry taken down like a chump, you immediately afterword have someone point this out, loudly and offensively. So I'm starting to thing that Harry isn't the hero in the story, he's just there to make everyone else look good. So I missed the A/N at first, evidently Harry really isn't the hero in this story, and he really is just here to make everyone look better.

One of the things I disliked about cannon was that JKR worked very hard to make Harry very useless, except when he needed to not be. So he almost always had to win things due to luck and circumstance. At first it looked like you were moving this story away from that, and actually allowing Harry to be the hero, and not just the plot device that caused the bad guy to fail. However in the last chapter, and your Gary Stu comment, it seems as though you agree with JKRs point of view. The only thing Harry did in this story that helped to stop Voldemort was getting Hermione to help him when he ran away from the Dursleys. Everything else he did was completely pointless. All that build up over the last 30 chapters, and Harry is mostly useless, all he managed to do was keep Bellatrix occupied long enough for Hermione and Margret to defeat everyone. He didn't do anything to defeat Voldemort, Hermione and Voldemort managed to do that.

I will keep reading, and check the sequel, but not too sure how interested I'm going to be.
vysirez chapter 29 . 8/17
While I loved the idea of Voldemort killing himself, I was very disappointed with the fights here. Harry has been training the entire story, we have established that he is powerful, with basically infinite stamina, so he can basically cast every single spell at max power, he can do wandless magic, yet he still gets taken out by Bellatrix. Not only that, he loosed in a physical fight with a woman who would have had no real chance to beat him. It was extremely disappointing, and felt fairly contrived just so you could use the wand/gun and let Hermione/Margret win the day. All the discussion about Harry's power, and how he's a better fighter, and a killer, and he's mostly useless in the final battle.

I will likely continue reading the story, and I will try the sequel, because I like the rest of the story, but this chapter has severely weakened the story for me. I will admit that I tend to be a bit Harry focused, I prefer Harry to be the one kicking butt, so that might have affected my opinion of this chapter, but even with that, I felt that the build up you did throughout the story of Harry was strongly undermined here.
sylvelle chapter 2 . 8/16
I found this story after you updated the sequel and I went looking for it. I'm hooked Glad it is complete I like complete stories. Thanks
Tricia
dhamann7878 chapter 9 . 7/27
love the bingo game!
Bronze chapter 5 . 7/21
No, Hermione IS a sub, but ONLY to Harry. And NOT a total sub either!
3,286 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »