Reviews for Rocking the Boat
dougal74 chapter 2 . 2/9/2010
A great second chapter...its a shame Harry didn't hide on the underground, I would have liked to see your take on how the Portkey's react to something that's as deep as the Northern Line.
Edmond O'Donald chapter 2 . 2/9/2010
February 9, 2010

Hey!

I like what you've done so far. You've not slipped into any of the really bad cliches (and the one that you have used, about Harry going after his aunt and uncle, is just fine).

I look forward to your next chapter and hope that you get the chance to update soon.

Regards,

the_scribbler
pyroseyes chapter 2 . 2/9/2010
Whew! Nice one. You're just spot on with how much of a manipulative bastard Dumbledore is. I always wonder how can jk!Harry worship the old coot...Heck not to mention name his son with the 2 people who run and ruin his life the moment he was born.

Now I'm excited to see what's Hermione's planning...lol not to mention the plan they'll be doing to put an end with both Voldy and Dumbles.

Looking forward for the next chapter.
embirsiphonelilathia chapter 2 . 2/9/2010
hee.. I have the best freaking name ever! :D From what I can tell you did an excellent job revamping these last two chapters. Well done on the review count so far_ You should be so proud luv, and now I'm feeling the urge to go BETA the last chapter.. even though I said I should sleep.
StoryTagger chapter 2 . 2/8/2010
Well don't forget about Luna and Neville. Luna would provide a type of wisdom that Hermione is not as skilled in. And Neville has all the backing and most likely the knowledge of the wizarding laws... But Harry and Hermione are definitely the nucleus of the story. They balance each other out, action and thought, instinct and knowledge...personally, I always thought Ron through off the natural synchronicity that Harry and Hermione have. I truly do love the Hermione character, same as Luna. Hermione it the "inside the box" genius while Luna is the "outside the box" genius.
jkarr chapter 2 . 2/8/2010
like this story.
DarkHeart81 chapter 2 . 2/8/2010
I bet Dumbles won't be too happy when Harry and Hermione manage to overcome the tracking. Though I was half expecting them to go to Gringotts and have the goblins remove the trace. I'm not sure how I feel about Hermione liking bikinis, lol. I'm used to her being very conservative until she gets together with Harry. Your comments in the notes at the end about purebloods not expecting physical attacks rings so true in my mind to the point I can't help cringing when Voldy and his death munchers are portrayed as expert sword fighters. lol
sabre1492 chapter 2 . 2/8/2010
please please update soon i love it so far
gaul1 chapter 2 . 2/8/2010
good chapter, keep up the good work, byes
Arkenstone007 chapter 2 . 2/8/2010
Don't forget Hagrid not telling him how to get on the platform and about Molly shouting "What's the platform" and Ginny replying "9 3/4". She went to Hogwarts, and had 5 sons attend before that day. She went for 7 years. Two of her sons went for 7 years, one for 4, and the last two for 2. This is a major one that should be included along with Ron claiming that everywhere else on the train was full. (It probably wasn't). I just read a fic where it was pointed out that Hermione and Neville wouldn't have lost Trevor as somebody would have seen it before they got to the end of the train as Harry and Ron were in the last compartment. (Harry asked Hermione how many empty or only partially filled cars she (and Neville) went through wen looking for Trevor, before she made it to the end of the train where Harry was, and she mentioned there were some.)

Dumbledore cast the Fidlius charm and therefore probably knew about the secret keeper switch, even though he says he didn't. He also probably knew about the Marauders being illegal animagi.

As Chief Warlock of the Wizengamont he could have gotten Sirius a trial, even after escaping). Instead he has Harry go back in time to save him.

He could have canceled the Tournament, and not use the Goblet for the 2nd drawing as the champions had already been picked. (They said the reason was because the Goblet had gone out and couldn't/wouldn't be relit until the next Tournament.)

There are plenty others I don't remember off the top of my head.
ghostchicken chapter 2 . 2/8/2010
Excellent chapter again! I can't wait to see how Hermione plans to break the blood-trace on Harry.

This chapter seems to be more about Hermione's discovery of herself, which is crucial if she's going to help her man. Epiphanies can be painful, but without them, we can't grow. Hermione just grew up on that bus. Harry doesn't need a keeper/minder; he needs a friend. If she wants more, she has to realise that she needs to be his friend first. I think that dawn broke over her horizon, too.

A running theme where Hermione is concerned is the need to learn that not all the answers to life's questions can be found in books, authority figures are fallible and not always trustworthy, there are no absolutes in this or any other universe, rules aren't always designed with people's best interests in mind, and there are exceptions to every good one.

Now, if she brings herself under control, she'll be everything to Harry he needs her to be; in return, he'll be everything to her she needs him to be. Since they're two powerful and talented magicals, they're a formidable force-a fact at which I believe you're hinting.

As for Harry going postal, I don't doubt he's going to blow his stack at some point, but I can't see Harry losing it so badly that he maims or kills indiscriminately. Hermione needs to be his balance in the craziness in his life, but without the bossiness.

Good job!
Silo666 chapter 2 . 2/8/2010
dame nice man i hope to see some one kick dumbaldoor in the ass
Fayari chapter 2 . 2/8/2010
Looking forward to next week's update then.
DarkHeart81 chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
I really like this so far. Harry knocking Vernon on his backside was priceless! When I got the part with Diggle I kept expecting the wizard to end up with a broken nose and a busted arm and knee. Can't wait to see what happens next!
LadyCalus chapter 2 . 2/8/2010
Nice story so far, wish he would of done his "first wish" to his family lol. Hopefully he can get to the goblin bank and get into his accounts and if he has any hidden accounts (thxs to dumbledork) get them, also get the Will read so he can find out if he owns Black's house, that would be a great base.
3,853 | « Prev Page 1 .. 246 253 254 255 256 257 Next »