Reviews for The Art of Breaking
beartes chapter 1 . 3/15
OMG
I love this. It's short and dark and ominous and it had me at the edge of my seat, bitting my nails and squitting my eyes because, surely, this cannot be happening. (Also, your AN just killed me. MIKOTO? Oh my god that's just sick)
I love Hinata in this -she's not physical strong but, in my opinion, emotionally she growns to be one of the strongest characters out there (I tend to disregard Kishimoto endings and dealing with female character bc they just suck sometimes I wonder why i love the anime so much. So i just select the good and disregard that sick female wanting to be saved by her knight in shining armor thing) and she...In sedution, I belive she can be brilliant and you reflect that. I like how all your character are tortured, even just a littel cold and sick Itachi, because he is sick of himself, of the world and he just doesn't care (Or does he?) And Sasuke, foolish little Sasuke that runs and runs following the shadow and the dream that are Itachi cursed to never reach him but suddenly there's this very real very tempting wife that smiles and talks and echants just by breathing and he's falling. He's falling and evryone knows except him, he's innocence and the enjoyment of that is the only bond husband and wife shares.
Really good job. Short, to the point, beautifully done and absolutely moving. The title is ver apt, because it what it is, people breaking in little big ways and the piece, jarred and sharp and bitter are somehow more tasteful than the whole. Congratulations.
beartes
Ink Child chapter 1 . 2/10
Holy crap.
No words.
I hit the end and I just sat there blinking thinking surely there was more. Hot damn. Thank you for sharing that
Guest chapter 1 . 9/17/2016
If you can't be a Hyuga, you could be a nurse, shinobi, McDonald's employee, or even a wife. Don't know why a whore is your only option.
Nebelsue chapter 1 . 8/14/2016
woah this is so good. The portrait you draw about sexuality in the shinobi world and Hinata seems very accurate.
Unknown Bookword chapter 1 . 8/12/2016
This immediately held my heart as one of my favorite dark Hyuuga/Uchiha centric fics. I have a personal biased love toward one shots and this blew me away. It has such a nice pace, a bit ominous. You used repetition beautifully. Being able to connect the top and bottom, both with her pains of considering herself a whore or just the way Itachi smiles, it lends to almost a poetic rhythm to this writing. This is just personal, but when I read "It didn't matter which Uchiha pregnant" I wanted to scream because that was really brilliant to me. Yes, this is dark so personalities will be different and I believe that the in character aspects fits just for this. Just thank you, I loved reading the!
Karate.F chapter 1 . 6/19/2016
This fic is dark. It's interesting how pple may pick up NejiHina in this. Coz to me there's probably an underlying ItaNeji. Especially how Neji was the one inspecting Hinata before she 'auditions' herself to be Itachi's wife and how Itachi is also Neji's ANBU capt.
I guess being the glorified Uchiha heir, being homosexual is out of the question and if Itachi can't have Neji then, Hinata is probably the next best substitute, as sick as this sounds. Which is probably why at the end it was written that it doesn't really matter which Uchiha impregnates Hinata because Itachi is not in love with her but needs her.
Sad but this was beautifully written.
Mala137SHL chapter 1 . 12/15/2015
Oh my God.
This is such a BEAUTIFUL story.
Brilliant.
downtomars chapter 1 . 8/14/2015
This was good... I mean really good. I really appreciate the darker aspects of the story
forgetmenotlovely chapter 1 . 8/2/2015
Really interesting one-shot. An unfortunate but realistic depiction of female objectification.

As for the depiction of Itachi: although it's hard for me to imagine him being cruel, it doesn't strike me as odd that he would share with Sasuke. He's simply selfless where it concerns his foolish otoutou. Guess it helps that he doesn't actually love his wife.
xxhinata.fan chapter 1 . 6/5/2015
Good, but so disturbing. This just isn't Hinata or a Itachi-esque behaviour
minamina15 chapter 1 . 2/8/2015
I think this concept is very intriguing but also quite possible if Naruto was for a mature audience. Especially if you actually take into consideration the society with clan nobility and the different expectations of men and women, it is not so different from past civilisations in our own world.

Saying that, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and I liked how you explored this side to the Naruto universe. It is written very well - your portrayal of Hinata is very interesting and it is nice to see her as something other than hesitant and naive. I truly believe Hinata, being quite intelligent and once an heiress, would know fully well what was to be expected of her as a member of the Hyuuga - both as a woman and a ninja. Naruto is set during a feudal society after all, where women of nobility were used to the advantage of their families. Hinata would have accepted this as she wanted to please her family, but due to the audience of Naruto, this concept is overlooked/dismissed in favour of a more child-friendly portrayal of the society.

I could also imagine Itachi's character being like this if he had allowed the clan to manipulate him into their way of thinking. Even though in the actual universe he is not 'truly' evil, he still complied with the Akatsuki's plans and is shown committing evil acts e.g. killing his clan, performing Tsukuyomi on Sasuke, killing Gaara by extracting the One-Tails, which shows he is at least capable of committing evil (although here he did have an ulterior motive). In this respect, he could have easily become the character you portrayed him to be, had he been more self-serving.

All in all, what I'm really trying to say is that this is a great fic and an excellent alternate portrayal of the Naruto universe, one which is quite believable and therefore that more enjoyable to read. I have always been interested in Naruto fics which explore adult themes which the actual show can't do due to its target audience, so thank you for allowing me to indulge my interests! :)
paracuties chapter 1 . 1/12/2015
I like this. It's bittersweet, and a whole new world that Kishimoto never brought up - probably to keep the rating lower, I suppose, which is a disappointment.

It's also a totally different Hinata. I like her; the pain that she feels is very prominent throughout the entire fic.

This was done really well. Great job.
H.M.Akhlys chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
.This. It is dark and heartbreaking and everyone's so fucked up - Hinata, Neji, Itachi and Sasuke. The story is an itahinasasu but if you squint, there is a slight nejihina.
I'd love to read a sequel, or another itahinasasu fanfic. But I'll always be a sasuhina fan.
Btw, I imagine Hinata looking like a geisha.
DishevelledAngle chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
You are wonderful and your writing is quite inspiring. This fic was great. I'm no good at writing long reviews.
RyoPyoTurtle chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
So dark... Bittersweet ending.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »