Reviews for Winter Wonder
Erin chapter 1 . 11/26/2014
Just in case you still get reviews on this, I have to tell you I love this story, and every time I watch Eastern Promises I come back here and read this. To me it is the conclusion of the movie. Thanks!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
I love this story and I could definitely see it happening. Nikolai loves Anna and he gave her what other men couldn't.
SearwynofRivendell chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
I have never seen Eastern Promises(though I'd really like to) but I know enough about the story and the characters well enough to say that this story is phenominal, imo. I think you were spot-on with Nikolai especially. I could totally see him hiding in the shadows watching Christine grow. All-in-all, I thought it was great :)
Swamy chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
I really loved this story, it felt totally real. The characters were IC and the whole thing was just malichonic like it was the movie ending.
AudiblexGasp chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
This fic kinda reminds me of the movie's tone; slow moving, simple, yet important, and it's not a happily ever after.

I especially like the closing line. It may seem a bit of a downer ending to some, but I like a bit of mystery to remain.

C ya!

~~~~~
Strast-Liia chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
Really enjoyed this. You really pegged how I imagine Nikolai would be, sneaking around to still be in Christine's life but not letting himself get too close to put her in any kind of danger.
Diana Prince chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
Ah I like the movie a lot and am happy to fics over this film. I liked yours since it did more depth on the characters after the events of the movie. Good job.
TheAspetta chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Oh my lord, I love this so much. Honestly, eloquence escapes me, but for this being a first foray into the fandom, and then just the way you told it and how you threw Nikolai in as the quasi-creeper that he is, this was fan-fucking-tastic.
BlackQueen92 chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
Brilliant, I love it :) Love the way he always is there, in the shadows, always in the shadows.

-BlackQueen-
Speakfire chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
This is such a wonderful story. It's very evocative, gently descriptive. I can completely imagine the scenes you've set in the story, complete with Nikolai in his black suit, watching in silence from the distance as Christine grows from toddler to teenager. I think my only complaint is the very very last line, where 'she never did learn name', because there's a complete finality to that simple line, which is a shame. It invokes more questions for me as a reader-doesn't Christine want to know his name? I mean *I'd* want to know his name, or spend time with him-even if we didn't talk about the tattoos or the whys-I'd nag my mother nonstop (away from babushka of course). Doesn't she deserve to at least know that? And it made me wonder how much more involved he becomes in her life after this or does he absent himself entirely? I think it's my own curious nature that I'm trying to put on Christine.

You should write another story in this genre-it made me want to go watch the movie again.
Smiles chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Very poignant. And I like the idea that Nikolai knows he shouldn't stay in Anna and Christine's lives, but can't help himself anyway.
writer2519 chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Wonderful! I really enjoyed how you showed the ways Nikolai stayed involved in Anna and Christine's lives without completely invading them. It's realistic and in keeping with the movie. Very nicely done!
emmiswe chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
I think this is beautiful! How you portrait Anna and her mother's relationship after EP and Nikolai's constant presence. And I love how the endning is a happy one, still it's sad, because it is a lie and she will never learn the truth.