Reviews for To Keep a Secret
spot-of-bother chapter 7 . 2/6/2010
Oh, bless you. What can I say? It's just so damn good!

If you ever need any encouragement to keep writing, please don't hesitate to ask. I have tons of praise to offer :)

Hugs from Spot.
Anja25 chapter 7 . 2/6/2010
Wonderful! I was hoping you would update and here you are :-)

But what do you have to always stop in such moments!

Thanks for writing and looking forward to read more as usual.
Mailer chapter 6 . 2/6/2010
I think this is the best Rome fanfic I've ever read, and I've read them all! Please don't stop now.
spot-of-bother chapter 6 . 2/6/2010
Well, they wouldn't let me comment more than once on this chapter so this is me being incognito :)

You know I adored the first version, but I have to say I like this even more! It's more of a true continuation of the storyline and yet it's still every bit as titillating as the first.

The scene in the tent after Pullo's encounter with Cleopatra is flawless. You've captured the characters perfectly with Vorenus' restrained "Pullo..." in contrast to Pullo's impassioned "Sir...".

I'm awaiting the next chapter as impatiently as always!

Spot.
Anja25 chapter 6 . 2/6/2010
Oh my God. I almost give up on this story thinking that you are not going to update it anymore but I checked it yesterday and here it is! And what a wonderfully sensual chapter it was! Enjoyed Pullo's dream a lot and that end...how can you leave us here you evil woman ? LOL

Thank you for your writing and please please update soon!
spot-of-bother chapter 6 . 2/6/2010
Oh Lord! I think this is the most captivating and yet frustrating story I've ever read. Frustrating in the sense that I can't get enough of it!

I was so happy to find this update, and you delivered once again. The depiction of Pullo and Vorenus is spot on. Stubborn and immensely desirable :-)

Without putting too much pressure on you, I'm just gonna say that I really, truly, thoroughly, fanatically hope you continue this story.

I wish you all the best!

Spot.
UnicornTKD chapter 5 . 2/6/2010
I can't believe I didn't comment this chapter yet!

Fantastic! :D You are writing the boys just superb! Pullo is the way I always loved to see him in tv :P and Vorenus with his power and higher rank... Beautifully written!

You are a briliant writer!

It would seem that the Egyptian climat isn't that good for our boys... too hot :P

Don't stop writing, cause my mind keeps telling me that wants to read more and more! ;)

Waiting for next chapter...

and yhea... what is Servius going to do... can't wait :)
Seren-TheStar chapter 5 . 2/6/2010
OMG! I love your story, it is absolutely brilliant! Especially the way you describe the characters feelings and thoughts is extremely well done.

I hope Pullo will figure that Vorenus lied and why he did so once his anger is gone. I dont like them to be angry with each other.

Damn that Servius! I hope he wont cause to much trouble.

Cant wait for the next chapter to be posted )

Greetings and thanks very much for your great work

Seren-TheStar
Marlene chapter 5 . 2/6/2010
What an impressive story! I like everything about it, down to the itty-bitty details.

It's an interesting twist that the two of them have been physical with each other before, but that Vorenus have been able to restrain himself from any real show of emotion up until now.

I'm so excited to read the next chapter!
FujikoMine chapter 5 . 2/6/2010
This was too wonderful. Just what I needed to read.

I'm glad that my last comment prompted you to post the new chapter. And I got a special mention, yay! :)

You're using the tension between our boys in an excellent way.

The way I see it, for Pullo to ever obtain something from Vorenus he should "force" him into it. I'm not, I repeat NOT, allowing the idea of rape, but to me Vorenus is so straight and faithful and stubborn that he should be seriously motivated to give in.
Clara chapter 5 . 2/6/2010
Still perfect.
Mirna chapter 5 . 2/6/2010
Wonderful. Worth the long wait. Love Vorenus making mental lists (he's the kind of man who would!) and the way he tells off the centurion in command of the lookouts.

Part 3 is a joy, from "You took your time" (very Pullo!) to Vorenus in control, shoving Pullo against the wall (yes, please) and the tension mounting and ebbing. Can't wait for the next instalment.

Only two small nitpicks. DESERT (all the Egyptian sand) only has one S, as opposed to DESSERT (sweet course). And would Pullo really, really think that his stonewall Catonian friend would sleep around with his men?

Great instalment, so happy that more is coming. All my thanks.
rosie-bec chapter 5 . 2/6/2010
Another brilliantly written chapter hun! Looking forward to the next!
dahlia chapter 5 . 2/6/2010
You are back! Awesome!

Gr...why Vorenus insists on hurting Pullo's feelings like this! I would really like to jump on screen and shake him a bit. I feel something horrible must happen so he can see the light.

Can hardly wait.

Anja25 chapter 5 . 2/6/2010
Oh finally!

I was seriously worried that something bad happened to you besides I couldnt wait to read a new chapter. Your story is so suspenseful I'm really dying to know what will become of all of them, our boys in particular of course.

Pullo&Vorenus's angry passion was wonderful. Leave it to Vorenus to throw himself at Pullo and then act like a raped virgin lol

I really appreciate the mention of the death penalty as a punishment for soldiers having erotic relationship with each other. Not many people realize that Rome was no Greece and things like that were forbidden in Roman army.

One tiny criticism in the end. Vorenus trying to put Pullo off by mentioning these enigmatic men and Pullo being madly jelaous and believing him, that was rather out of character IMO.

Vorenus is too straighforward to come up with something like this and Pullo knows him too well to not roar with laughter at the mere idea of Vorenus inviting hordes of lovers in his tent ;)

But aside of that- great reading. Cant wait to read more.

Thanks and take care.