Reviews for La Résistance
Sunshinemommy chapter 4 . 3/4/2010
I think I enjoy this story as much for the history as I do for the story itself. Poor Esme, I can't imagine spending time with Dekkar. Almost as horrific as spending time with the devil himself, I'd think. I'm certain I enjoy Esme & Carlisle's time together almost as much as they do.
melferd chapter 4 . 3/4/2010
Meep! Ok, there's sleeping with the enemy, and having to bed the Devil himself. At least Rosemary was stoned when she had to - poor Esme. **shudders while skin crawls**

Thanks for the wonderful, nail-biting more!
treasurecoast chapter 3 . 3/3/2010
After being immersed in reading award fics, I’m finally catching up on a zillion updates! Love the feel of this story and the rich details you woven in. I enjoyed E&C’s first rendezvous and guessing if it was indeed Carlisle – and that he’s a little shocked by her. I was looking forward to watching Esme use her wits against the Nazis, but it’s going to be nerve wracking watching her try to walk that thin line between enticing Dekker while maintaining some distance, and gathering intelligence. Although there's no worry about her dying, there are a lot of other dangers she’s facing.

Really love this passage: She stands just inside the entrance, at the head of the nave, nervously casting her eyes around the pews. There is hardly anybody here. A few old women scattered across the pews near the front, bowed heads covered in lace shawls, withered hands wrapped in rosaries as they kneel and pray. They remind her of the old women who walked to the church every morning in her village in the Loire Valley when she was young, and she wonders absently what they pray about every day.
theorange3 chapter 3 . 3/1/2010
I'm in love with story, great job
Rubberduck697 chapter 3 . 2/28/2010
Oh SO Great, so, so Great. I love this story, it's intense and lovely, and I love Esme! And Carlisle aka Stoker, haha funny that he's named after the person who created a vampire much like Carlisle created a vamp or four in Twilight! Great, wonderful job, I can't say that enough. You know you rock at writing, and every single chapter always leaves me hanging, craving more and more! So, thanks for writing! :)
Roselover2 chapter 3 . 2/28/2010
I giggled at the reference to Dracula

THis story really draws me in I just love Esme
arfalcon chapter 3 . 2/27/2010
Yikes, that was good. The start contrast between Esme's immediate, physical reaction to meeting Carlisle in the church ("Mr. Stoker") and her recognition of the German officer's cool intelligence makes this read like a spy novel. I LOVE that you've made Esme such a vibrant, strong character.
BelovedSunshine chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
I can't tell you how excited I was to read justaskalice's note that you had started this story!

HUGE fan of GWTRU and I have had so many thoughts and questions about Esme and Carlisle throughout that story.

~You have NOT disappointed! You have answered many of my burning questions about her. How did she come about her persona? Where did she get her money from?

~I fell in love with Aro - Aaron David (great name). NOT nice for you to do to me, btw.

~It's fun to read this and think of them speaking this in French. You do such an amazing job of filling in all the details (plus, the LiveJournals Rock!) so that I have a pretty complete picture of this time and these places. It's amazing.

~I almost started this story last night and then again this morning. Each time I felt rushed and thought it was the wrong time for this story. Boy, was I right! This story deserves time to relish in the emotions. I was wracked with grief after Cauis' conversation with Esme. It was awful. I'm glad I was alone.

Good job! I'm SO EXCITED!
jadedandboring chapter 3 . 2/27/2010
Ah, so have we been introduced to Carlisle then? I love your use of Esme's canon name and Dracula.

I know you've said those reading GWaRU don't need to read this story and vice versa, but they complment each other so beautifully.
LibraryLady08 chapter 3 . 2/26/2010
So very interesting. Can't wait to find out what happens next. :)

-MJ
Just Sus chapter 3 . 2/26/2010
OH-OH! I feel this man is big trouble? am I right?
cvds chapter 3 . 2/26/2010
Loved it:)
melferd chapter 3 . 2/26/2010
Yip! I do not think things will go well for our girl from here on out!

Hang tough, Esme. If something happens, I bet Dr. Stoker will kiss it better!
twifan7731 chapter 3 . 2/26/2010
Ah, so she meets Carlisle. And then some spooky gerneral. Yikes!
Kataleena chapter 3 . 2/26/2010
What an exciting chapter! I loved your description of the church, as well as Esme's reaction to it and the people there. I must admit, I would have expected the General to come off as a bit more, well, evil, but as it is he just seems cold. Although, that could be what you are going for. *shrugs*
205 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »