Reviews for La Résistance
Just Sus chapter 2 . 2/19/2010
Wow, Esme a spy! This is making for a very interesting story. I absolutely adore Esme...she's such a strong woman. It is interesting to see where she came from your FF.

thanks,

hugs, Sus
READYtoLOVE chapter 2 . 2/19/2010
I absolutely love your story! It's so charming, with the little touches of Parisian fashion and art here and there! Please update more; the suspense honestly kills me :)
Kataleena chapter 2 . 2/19/2010
*bows to the awesomeness that is Esme*

I was so excited when I saw this updated I actually squealed aloud, which is difficult when one is coming down with laryngitis. This chapter was even more wonderful than I expected, and I expect great things from this. There are so few truly strong female characters out there, that it is always such a delight to come across such a well written one.
Roselover2 chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Her beauty her Charm her powers of persuasion

OH

Go Esme!

Viva La Resistance

Good job capturing the common feeling of most people who lived in the occupation most did ignore things they knew they were bad but did not know what stories could be real they seem like fairy tales to such an innocent world
snarkerella chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
I love this picture you've painted of Esme, smart and strong, brave and unbelievably glamorous. The time period was awful, obviously, but the perfect backdrop for this Esme. I can't wait to see how it all plays out. This first chapter was brilliant. Sorry it took me so long to actually (finally!) sit down and read it!
arfalcon chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
I can't hold back any longer - I've been waiting to start GwaRU until it was further along, but when I saw that this story was focusing on Esme and Carlisle, I couldn't resist... This is beautifully written, and the period detail is wonderful. Loved watching Esme's transformation here. Ok, this week is definitely GwaRU week.
CynMar Rom chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
WOW this is going to be really interesting...

I still can belive that the germans were capable of all that monstruosity...

love ya!
Sari9 chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Thank you for this. Your research is evident, but the way you write makes it seem real. In one chapter, we see Esme go from a young naive girl running away to make a better life in Paris, evolving into an artiste with a salon, and now into the resistance. Love it.
twifan7731 chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Aro - poor Aro. Cauis shed that light for her. This is a very good side story - and it's good to see this side of Esme and what she has been thru. Good job!
melferd chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Damn Girl, when you do something, you do it up!

If they were less evil and nasty, I'd almost feel sorry for the Nazi's of Paris.

Nah..take 'em down, girl!
treasurecoast chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
This story is just fabulous! I love Esme in GWTRU, but here one sees her as a fully developed person who is intelligent, independent and strong, yet flawed enough to look away from information in which she does not want to believe. Following her journey over a year in which she goes from a simplistic view of the war and its effects on her country, putting up with a handful of Nazis until her salon is overrun by them and emptied of all her friends, to her decision to finally take action - amazing. When Esme has the conversation with Aro that finally opens her eyes, I got chills learning what happened to Aro, especially after I’d seen his picture in your LJ. His fate is made more poignant by the fact that Esme had been hoping that he was in Lorraine as they had joked, enjoying the cheeses. Love the rich details, the atmosphere, the history … and Esme. I rarely read fics in which E&B aren’t the main focus, but now I’m sad there’ll be only seven chapters!
Rubberduck697 chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Um, Wow. That was completely amazing, you've really outdone yourself. Everything is so well thought out and perfectly conveyed, I don't think there is anything you could have done to make this better. It was simply unbelievable! Thanks for taking the time to post this back story, it looks to be one of the most interesting stories this site will ever see, in my opinion at least ;)

The descriptions are perfect (for instance, Caius' outfit description? AMAZING!), the expositions in third person are fantastic, the character development for Esme is really quite wonderful, and I really just can't believe that you would take the time to post something so mindbogglingly good ;). So thank you! I loved it! :)

Can't wait to see what happens next!
epm00012004 chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
I'm so excited to read this story!
hol119 chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Oh my God. Just .God. It's moments like these that I wish wish wish that I was a writer so that I could express to you just how good your story is. Alas I am not and I cannot. I've gone straight to my go-to emotion (stunned) when I stumble upon a really fantastic fic that just takes me away and I've come over here to review and gush to you and I CAN'T THINK of a single thing that will tell you how much I LOVE your story, your characters, the plot, how the conversations just flowed so magnificently and how it's now alive & ingrained in my head and my wussperv heart. It's like my emotional brain takes over and I haven't room for my logical brain anymore. I'm just stunned. The air of menace, Esme's dawning horror & resolution, such rich characters already (poor poor Aro), not to mention the subject matter and the scary as hell Gerard *shivers* oh God Danger Danger!

Whenever I have a crap day I say to myself "Self, you've got two arms, two legs and you were born in Australia. You're pretty damn lucky mate so quit complaining". I think I'm gonna have to add thank Christ I wasn't around when WWII was going on. It's just mind boggling to think about what those poor people went through.

Gah. Just Gah.
ciaobella27 chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
My dearest Spangly - I am so bowled over by this story. You are such an amazing writer and I know you have a pretty cool RL but seriously - you're not fan fic talented, you're *talented* talented. This is not a fan fic story. This is epic.

When you become famous, will you still write smut for me?
205 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 Next »