Reviews for La RĂ©sistance
sweet story
yippiekayay chapter 5 . 11/12/2011
addicting story!
Toni Masen chapter 8 . 5/31/2011
The Resistance Fighters, some of the true heros of WW2. Thank you so much for this story, it was so heartfelt. I felt so overwhelmed, people ACTUALLY went through all that turmoil. God bless them all. C. X
corriente chapter 8 . 3/24/2011
You are a very talented author, you know. This story is not too long - and not to short - but I just couldn't stop reading. I haven't read such a good piece of work for a long time here. And I'm not talking only about style of writing. I mean characters, places, all this stuff.

I've never read about Esme like yours. She's self-confident, lonely and not overprotective. She's a brave woman and she also has many faces and many roles to play - before Hans, rest of people, Germans, her friends...

It was a great idea to make Carlisle and Esme strangers who didn't see each other faces. I mean, that's how we know they didn't fall only for each other appearance.

And, for the end, I admire you because you made some researches - some effort - to make story more real. It surprised me very much - and it was a rather happy surprise.

Fabulous. I don't know what more could I say.
azotochtli chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
Hi! I Love your stories! :) I'm not sure if I had reviewed before, but since this is like the 4th time I read this I thought it was about time... :)

This story, with Girl with a Red Umbrella are some of my favorite FF of all times... it is so well written, and sucks you into the story so much, that sometimes I'm afraid of starting it, knowing I will have to finish it in one go, and have to go to work the next day... and be productive...

Anyway, thank you for sharing this with us! I LOVE IT!

PS: Do you by any chance have it as a doc? I prefer to read this in my iBooks app as a pdf...
SailorV911 chapter 8 . 2/2/2011
OMG. Amazing. The only esme and Carlisle story I have ever gotten through! Lol, all 8 chapters of it :)
mimi53 chapter 8 . 1/27/2011
Beautiful
Aloap chapter 8 . 1/16/2011
Just wow! This is so good! I love it that you've taken these characters that we all love and made so more lovable and righteous and fine!
theseraveneyes chapter 8 . 1/11/2011
I always had a fascination for patriotic war stories and was intrigued enough by your summary to sample your story. Once I started, I couldn't stop! You were very thorough in researching the details of time and place, and the pictures you provided on your Livejounal page helped a great deal in visualizing everything in one's mind. This story shows how the war brings out the best in ordinary citizens, how much they are willing to sacrifice though their contributions may come to naught. I loved the way you brought Carlisle and Esme together, and the fact that they hardly had any physical contact between them and knew so little of each other heightened the mystery and the romantic tension between them. It's a love that defies mere convention. Thank you so much for this story. Definitely one of my favourites.
ASHLEYYYBLACKBERRYYY chapter 8 . 1/2/2011
Amazing! I truly love this :)
HeatherA9 chapter 4 . 12/8/2010
Gah. No one wants Esme to be a coward, of course. :) Reading this makes my gut twist up. It's written beautifully, of course.
HeatherA9 chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
I've put off reading this one, because it seemed like it would have to be full of heroics given the times, and the hints dropped in GWaRU. I like the third person voice you use, it gives a kind of dispassionate narrator for a time that was so horrible... it just feels like a first person voice might actually be crushed by the tragedy of the situation they found themselves in.

As always, the writing is lovely. I can only imagine where you're taking this story...
EasGames chapter 8 . 9/2/2010
Awwww! :'-) thats so sweet! I love the way you desribe The ocoupation. It feels so real :)
KristinHazzard chapter 8 . 8/16/2010
Wonderful story. I just love history pieces and romance!
Emmaline3 chapter 8 . 8/12/2010
I was 9 yrs old in 1944. I remember so much of those days. My dad was fighting in Europe and we were all terrified and enraged hearing what the Nazi's had done. Your story was beautifully told. So many doubt the 'death camps' were real now. I fervently wish more stories like this were told of those dark and tragic times and the brave, courageous souls who put their own lives in perile to free France, and Europe.

Pay attention to history...or it will repeat itself in our soft lives today. Thanks so much for this story...
205 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »