Reviews for La RĂ©sistance
Gurkblomma chapter 8 . 8/8/2010
I can see why this would be close to your heart. Just in an hour or two, it feels rather close to mine too.

You have portraited WWII in an astounding way. It is emotional and oppressive and truly great. This fanfiction is bloody brilliant. The Live Journal page is a marvellous addition to all of it, because the pictures - like pictures always do - bring it to life together with your words. You should feel so proud of what you've accomplished.
annaharding chapter 8 . 7/29/2010
Beautiful story! Thank you for the enjoyment.
luvlins chapter 8 . 7/27/2010
Yay! that made me very happy. I like historical things like this. They make me happy too.

great job!
luvlins chapter 5 . 7/27/2010
fabulos! It was fantastic! Keep going! I LOVE CARLISLE AND HIS UN-COFFEE MAKING ABILITIES! I LOVED RED UMBRELLA AND I LOVE THIS!

continuon.

-lins
LightStarDusting chapter 8 . 6/2/2010
Sad and lovely story, all rolled into one. Thank you so much for writing and sharing your words. xoxoxo
LightStarDusting chapter 7 . 6/2/2010
Wow. Just wow.

I have to read on!
LightStarDusting chapter 6 . 6/2/2010
Again, my heart was in my throat a good majority of this chapter. I felt such emotion when Carlisle saw she and Hans out in the street. The forbidden secret discussions just add to the emotion of it all.

Really enjoying this!
LightStarDusting chapter 5 . 6/2/2010
I'm reading/reviewing on my phone since my computer took a swan dive so I'm unable to quote my favorites from this chapter... Which is probably for the best because I loved the whole thing.

The fear that Esme felt when her Mr Stoker didn't show up was tangible, it leapt off the screen. Her strength and passion (especially when she turns in the pew and breaks "the rule," because really she's breaking all the rules anyway) were so raw and real.

Thank you for writing.

xoxoxo
LightStarDusting chapter 4 . 6/1/2010
I like that Tati is perceptive and able to see what Esme is up to. Brightness and perceptiveness are two totally different things and I like the distinction here.

I love the blossoming... whatever it would be classified as between "Mrs. Platt" and "Mr. Stoker." I don't know what to call it, really but this hurt my heart:

"Esme stands abruptly and slides out of the pew. She allows herself one quick glance at his face as she passes. His head is bowed, he's staring at his hands clasped in his lap. He doesn't look up at her."

Esme puts such thought into her parties, from the music to the way she speaks with the guests. She's deliberate and smart.

The actual story, the war and Nazi Germany is something that hits close to home/family but you are doing a lovely story telling Esme's story.
LightStarDusting chapter 3 . 6/1/2010
Ohhhhh, so she is off to the church and I can't help but wonder what this meeting holds in store for her and furthermore whether it will be Carlisle she meets here (can you tell I'm reviewing as I read?).

I love the work in of Esme reading "Dracula" and the code names that they suggest for each other.

"She feels like he's seen into the very secret corners of her with one glance."

Oh. Oh my.

So General Dekker makes me a little antsy over here - of course, that's no big surprise being that he's not a "good guy."

This is what skeeved me and made me do a little shudder. "His eyes dance down her figure quickly before returning to her face. Esme has to swallow hard against her revulsion, keeping her smile in place and her eyes locked on his."

I don't like that he uses her name while she needs a false one with Carlisle. It seems, while she doesn't say it here, that she isn't comfortable with it either.

Thank you for writing.

xoxoxo
LightStarDusting chapter 2 . 6/1/2010
Back for more!

"Finally she gets angry with herself, because she has never been the sort of woman to shy away from difficult situations."

I love this because I can picture her getting all in a tizzy at her indecisiveness. After all, while she might not be one to shy away from difficult situations, I'm quite sure she's never had to deal with something like this where her life might be on the line. Yet she pushes herself forward into this situation.

"It seems somehow fitting; those marked for death mingling around down there with the centuries of Parisians already dead."

How great is this? I just love this sentence, the thought behind it and the structure. I'm such a geek.

"Then he is gone and Esme is standing alone in the center of the market, her heart pounding its way out of her chest. Thursday. Two days away."

Thank goodness I don't have to wait any amount of time to move along to the next chapter!
LightStarDusting chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
I've been meaning to read this and GwaRU for... well, for a really long time now. And the time keeps slipping away but then I was looking for non-ExB this morning and this came around AGAIN! So enough procrastinating (and rambling) - reading it is!

You paint such a detailed picture with your words and I appreciate the third POV. I love the details that you throw in - of Aro's name being Aaron David and the implications of that.

I was fearful for Esme's safety at the start of the chapter but now, at the end, when I see that she plans to spy... well let's just say I'm even more so. But her attitude and perseverance, especially in the last paragraph are commendable and I'm looking forward to seeing what's to come.
lizzyvamp1901 chapter 8 . 5/4/2010
I know you've probably had many people tell you this before, but this is just beautiful. I like your Esme because she's strong, and willful, and she does what needs to be done and to hell with those who don't like it.
This is a great story. I think we all look forward to reading more from you )
EmoryB123 chapter 8 . 5/3/2010
What a great story! Thank you so much!
EmoryB123 chapter 6 . 5/3/2010
When I read the summary of this story, I thought that Esme would be involved with guerrilla warfare activities. But I had a hard time picturing that! For her to be a SPY and relaying info makes more sense and fits with her personality perfectly.

But when she needed to, she took things into her own hands!

Now , when will Carlisle show up again?
205 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »