Reviews for La RĂ©sistance
EmoryB123 chapter 6 . 5/3/2010
When I read the summary of this story, I thought that Esme would be involved with guerrilla warfare activities. But I had a hard time picturing that! For her to be a SPY and relaying info makes more sense and fits with her personality perfectly.

But when she needed to, she took things into her own hands!

Now , when will Carlisle show up again?
EmoryB123 chapter 4 . 5/2/2010
I love Esme! She is TOO cool! Thanks for featuring her!
EmoryB123 chapter 3 . 5/2/2010
Mr. Stoker? Good one, Esme! She got you, Carlisle!
EmoryB123 chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
I can't believe that I have not read this story! I have been reading The Girl with Red Umbrella for months! Good start to this Esme story!
TheRugbymom chapter 8 . 4/20/2010
very nicely done
LikeToRead22 chapter 8 . 4/19/2010
I read this today from start to finish when I was on downtime at work. Unfortunately, I couldn't review as I went along, so I'll have to leave a long one at the end. Such an intriguing story. I just loved it.

I loved Esme's character. She was so strong and confident and vulnerable all at the same time. I loved that the three characters at Esme's were all women. Tati and the Madame C were wonderful side characters. Tati was young a scared, but loyal and Madame C was such a wonderfully wise and strong woman. Her mobilization of the make-shift "hospital" at Esme's was great. I've always been fascinated by WWII and the stories of real people affected by the war - particularly the women. It was a time of such great change for women all over the world.

I thought you did a nice job of capturing the sense of isolation in which the Parisians must have found themselves, being fed information from the Nazis but not having any way of verifying what was true. It's difficult for us to imagine, I think, what life was like before TV and CNN and 24 hour news - what it would be like to have to wait for days to learn about the things happening only a few hundred miles away. That still happens in parts of the world, but certainly not something most of us are used to.

I thought your characterization of Herr Drekker was also interesting...an attractive man...I think you even likened him to Carlisle a bit in his looks, didn't you? But, Esme recognized the evil that lurked beneath. I must admit that I was surprised he came back to Esme's. Well, I guess I wasn't surprised that he returned bc we knew that he loved her. I was surprised by how willing Esme was to answer the door and confront him. How scary it must have been - such an evil man to anger.

I could go on and on. Thank you so much for writing this backstory for Esme and thank you to JAA for helping you build this character. I just have Jasper's story to go and I'll be done with the GwtRU Saga. I'll be sad. :) Thanks for writing!
dsccc chapter 8 . 4/10/2010
Oh my goodness! I loved this prequel to your story! It was so awesome! I am not typically a big fan of historical fiction, but if more stories were like this one, I could become a convert!
x.Heart of Gold.x chapter 8 . 4/7/2010
Holy smokes this story is amazing! I have been reading Girl with red umbrella and i think it is, also, lovely... You really know how to create tension, romance and history all in one story! I love it! Congratulations on such a great story

Jasper's .x...
Twinkle-star15 chapter 8 . 4/6/2010
That was beautiful. And I absolutely adored this Esme. She's actually strong, and caring, and loving and all the best things about canon Esme that too often get overlooked. In most other stories I've read, she's flat and faded- but this Esme is vibrant and real. I loved the progression of her relationship with Carlisle as well. Amazing.
OpiumCakes chapter 8 . 4/3/2010
Sad it's done, but twas an amazing ride! Applause for you.
twifan7731 chapter 8 . 4/2/2010
Ah, yes! Perfect ending. A way home of sorts. Lovely! No more words just perfect.
cvds chapter 8 . 4/2/2010
Loved it! Thank you so much for writing this and for all the great pictures you posted on lj. I really enjoyed reading this.
jadedandboring chapter 8 . 4/2/2010
What a wonderful, amazing story. I commend you for your extensive research and attention to detail when writing this.

Thank you for this, it has truly enhanced my reading of GWaRU. You're a fabulous story teller.
LibraryLady08 chapter 8 . 4/1/2010
An amazing tale.

Thanks for writing!

-MJ
NanMcCullen chapter 8 . 4/1/2010
*sputters* I cannot BELIEVE that I didn't get the email alert for this! I just happened to go and check, and I found it! What an excellent way to end this story! I love how you gave a glimpse of what's in store for them, but kept it in the moment. A solitary moment of peace where two lovers can finally declare themselves and relish in it. Alone. Fantastic!
206 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »