Reviews for Avatar
damagectrl.07 chapter 21 . 2/6
Just dropping you a review to say I really enjoyed reading your fic. I really wanted to read a Cloti story and this was a pleasure to read. Great job and thank you for writing this!
StarTrail chapter 22 . 11/15/2015
Oh my god this was amazing! That epilogue ending asdfghjkl i loved it!
demonegg chapter 22 . 11/14/2015
Gosh, it feels like it's been so long since I've written that username. But you were on my mind, and before I knew it, I was revisiting some old favorites (and friends) on ffnet and rereading pretty much everything you've written. Even after all this time, and despite knowing how they end, I was completely enchanted and really couldn't stop until I'd finished everything. Oh, I tried some stories by other writers I remembered, but I couldn't get very far with most. I was contemplating why that would be, because everything else, even stuff by celebrated ffnet writers, kept falling flat and I just couldn't stick them out. But your stories have heart, and I'm left feeling better for having finished them, and I think ultimately that's makes them so precious. Just wanted to say that now, that I still love them as much (or more) than I ever did, even if my personal favorites have changed (TWT is still a dear, but Avatar, Black Jade, Requiem, Sometimes When We Touch, and Forgiveness (from FTOG) are really outstanding). Anyway, I hope you and the family are doing well. Miss you and miss talking to you, dear heart!
punkiemonkie chapter 22 . 1/17/2015
After a long absence I've finally made my way back to fanctiction, and I was so excited to see that you completed this story; it was one of my absolute favorites. :) Such a unique concept and you carried it out in ways I never expected, but somehow everything still felt so true to character. Just so tense and thrilling and...wonderful. I really enjoyed it, especially the fact that you found a way to have OCs who weren't- as I began suspecting about half way through, because you wrote them so true to character -actually OCs. Great story! I'm so glad I finally got to read it all the way to the ending. :3
kalmaegi chapter 21 . 10/3/2014
Holy shit, I can't believe I didn't recognize Mace for Yuffie (though I plead towards the fact I spent too much time in the RuroKen fandom)! Should have known White was Sephiroth though. And I'm not sure what else I'm supposed to be saying other than oh hey, I remember putting this off for a long, long, indefinite amount of time after chapter one and even more after just reading the summary.

I had nasty experiences with story within a story or in this one's case, game within a story. They tend to mindfuck me pretty bad. Also, case in point, SAO. I have a very unfair dislike towards that particular series.

I'm happy there isn't that much pop culture reference bombs here and Cloud's flirting is actually hilarious but not annoying. Aerith...ruffles my metaphorical feathers. Dunno, she just really makes me uneasy how she's practical but not in a military practical way like Cloud. It's the ugly human survival kind of practical. The kind that makes me cringe because...because.

I'm so glad Cloud, Steve, made it. My childhood heart wouldn't survivor another Seisouhen. I'd probably kill Cloud if he pulled a Kenshin on me. Everyone deserves a happy ending damnit!
Livvy22 chapter 7 . 4/28/2014
I feel like the last 3 chapters have ended on the "Let's mosey" like :):)
lapaxlove chapter 22 . 3/18/2014
This is like an Awesome story! It was exciting and interesting, the way you created the game was very intriguing. And the creepy monster scene, the way you build up that scene of creepiness was great, and when the monster did show up it totally freaked me out.
And I had no idea the first time you introduced the gamers who was who. But by than I eventually caught on who was who, although when Swift said Lily was creepy, I was thinking he was Vincent cuz of te creepy part lol, but than I realized it was Tseng, which makes me wonder what he did that was creepy lol.
:D, and I liked white's dry humor, it's great to see of fic where he isn't the villain.
And I really liked a Aerith x Zack hints and it made me quite intrigued the whole time in what happened to their story, I was even assuming he was dead for some reason just cuz the way she mentioned him.
Oh, and I'm assuming the real world takes place in Japan? Which is cool :)
And it might be obvious but I'm assuming Rufus survived? Wonder where he disappeared to, for a moment I thought he was pulling strings but than you mentioned 'reunion' and I was like 'ah ha' I knew who it was.
Any who I'm keep rambling sorry but this story is really good! Just wished the game world was longer, cuz it was exciting!
Rory O'Kane chapter 10 . 2/1/2014
I really like the way you reveal Tifa and Cloud’s backstory a bit at a time – the secret childhood friends, the military training, the fiancé. At each stage, I feel like what I’ve been told so far is enough, but when I learn the next piece, I feel like it adds a lot of depth to the interactions I’m seeing.
Solidstach chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
Something wasn't letting me sleep after reading this. After a few hours I remembered a series of books by the name "The acts of Caine", by a guy named Stover. "Avatar" is very, very similar - not counting the whole caste system thing.
The book series and this story are both well worth reading.
Solidstach chapter 22 . 12/14/2013
Before today I could have sworn that nothing even remotely similar to Sword Art Online could become a good story. I am not sure if "Avatar" came out before or after SAO, but either way your story is much better.

You took a stupid premise, sprinkled it with Final Fantasy VII, and then you transmuted the result into gold. The result is simply amazing.
I have no idea what I should praise first. Detailed, deep characters? Numerous references to other FF games that merge seamlessly with the story? The ending, so appropriate for this tale? Maybe I should praise the way your "Avatar" feels like a "slice of life" story, despite the story world being only sporadically mentioned?
I have no idea, so I am just going to thank you for providing me with this fanfic. This was a day well spent (reading).

My only regrets are that Tifa's fiancee didn't get to blow anything up in "real life", and that I didn't realize that Mace was supposed to be Yuffie until the cast list.
Mortanius - out.
Nanaille chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Hey!

I'm not too into romance usually, but yours got me hooked, quite cleverly I would say : the mystery about Cloud/Steve was a very nice subplot I really appreciated. Your story is quite well built, and not stalling to getting into the point : no unecessary scenes nor descriptions, and lively dialogs made the read with no down-time, and it's rare enough in fanfiction to be pointed out
Congratulations, it was a very good story. Thanks for the ride :)
Rexnos chapter 22 . 4/22/2013
I know next to nothing about Final Fantasy VII. That is why I feel strongly that this left behind fan fiction around chapter five and became its own story. With just a handful of name changes, a little more back-story and a new game plot, I really feel like this bit of fan fiction could be fleshed out into a real story. The two main characters were deep enough to support a story and the whole idea of characters being sucked into a real game world has never been done quite to my satisfaction.

Still, that's merely my opinion. I felt it was an excellent romance, an exciting story and generally an all around good read. I'm glad I stopped by to scan the first few chapters despite not knowing the fandom.

Later,
Rex
Ancalador chapter 22 . 3/27/2013
A brilliant story, if a little shorter then i expected. Not that that is a bad thing since obviously they would try to get out once they knew there was a problem, but still...

Anyways I really enjoyed that and look forward to seeing what else you have produced.

Keep up they great work.

(P.S. If you know of a place where I can reliably find FF7 fanfics that aren't yaoi I would really appreciate it. The same goes for anyone else reading this)
hootowl chapter 21 . 3/26/2013
this is the first time i've read this story. i kept passing over it for various reasons, but i'm glad i finally sat down and read it! it was intriguing. kind of reminded me of sword art online. :) anyway, i look forward to any other story updates you may have in the future. keep up the good work!
Ghibli Ninja chapter 21 . 2/2/2013
LOVED it!

this concept was so original and well done.
as always, this story was one of the best!:)