Reviews for Rock Steady
scipunx chapter 14 . 2/10/2014
This was amazing. You somehow successfully put two of the most polar opposites of individuals together and made it work so well. Really enjoyed reading this, thank you!
Guest chapter 14 . 8/31/2013
Hey! I'm not sure if you still read reviews, but i wanted you to know that i absolutely loved this piece! you managed to balance the right amount of humor, action, romance and dialogue perfectly all the while keeping in touch with the story line as well as the characters. Each and very one of them was exactly as they should be.( in my opinion) and i really liked how you used some of the thanes and Jocob's dialogue, it really worked for the story. ( and honestly, i wish they had Zaeed and the flanethrower part in the game! This piece was/is sheer epicness. I tip my hat to you! And look forward to reading more of your work.
Sass Wolf chapter 14 . 7/9/2013
Very nice. First time I've ever seen this pairing before, but you really made it work well. Loved the scene in Jack's cell on Pragia. Jack pinning Thane against a wall, whew. *Fans self* And the end of that chapter was perfect, you gave me exactly what I was hoping for there: snap. Thanks for the great read!
Warhammer 2-4 chapter 2 . 5/3/2013
"How'd you hit the son of a bitch?" she asked, blinking. "I can't see more than ten feet in here."

"Neither can I," the drell answered, changing the heatsink on his gun. "I memorized where he was standing and adjusted for a heart shot."

Instant badass.
stacey218 chapter 14 . 1/15/2013
Ok while I love Jack, Jack and Thane together is not something I'd ever think I'd like. I came for the Thane...but I stayed for Jack. You managed to take two completely diffrent people and put together and make it work. And not just work, but make it 100% believable.

This is one of the best ME fan fics I have ever read. It was funny, romantic, action packed, nerve wracking and even a lil angsty. Beautifully written pretty much fucking perfect.

I loved it. 10 out of 10 awesomeness!
Guest chapter 14 . 1/8/2013
Was recced here from Intersititium by AssaultSloth. I love Jack, as a Femshep, I wish there was more Jack dialogue to enjoy! She's tough, she's vulnerable, she wants to run away and become a pirate...awesome. And to match her with Thane, cool, calm, badass Thane and make it work! Well I bow to you. Thanks for the great trip, and congrats on your MA!
-PistachioInfernal
acid.furry chapter 14 . 12/27/2012
I thought this was a great story. A very odd pairing, but thats part of the fun P
huntsmonsters chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
You seem to have closed down most points of contact, so I'm leaving you a message here to let you know I did an audiofic of this fic. You can find it at sanguineaudiofics on Tumblr. Thanks! If there are any issues with this, or you would prefer I pull it down, just say the word.
Phalanx chapter 14 . 10/26/2012
This was hilarious and heartwarming, and your storytelling and word choice is exquisite. I enjoyed every chapter . Great job!
Iceworth chapter 14 . 7/10/2012
Just read this all the way through in one sitting. What a fantastic story, thank you so much for writing this and sharing it. It's amazing, one of the best fanfics I have ever had the privilege to read.
TrulyInnovative chapter 14 . 5/27/2012
I posted a recommendation for your stories at BSN, and figured I'd comment here as well so you can get feedback and so that I can thank you for your great work so far:

This a Jack/Thane fic in the ME2 world. The fic is very well written and has fantastic characterization. I think, for the first time, I get what's so compelling about Jack as this fic lets me get into the character's head better than ME 2 did. It's obviously a brilliant Thane fic as well, while giving great moments to supporting characters like Zayeed, Kasumi, and Samara. The fic can be very funny at times, and I actually laughed out loud numerous times. On the other hand, there's some great romance, drama, and kick-ass action scenes. Rock Steady also has a sequel in Taking Back Yesterday, but this one hasn't been updated in a few months and I haven't read it very far yet.
BountyHuntress16 chapter 14 . 5/20/2012
Someone recommended this story to me on livejournal and I am so happy they did. Your characters were spot-on and you made the relationship between Thane and Jack work so well. Bravo!
g3m1n1 chapter 5 . 5/7/2012
Thane blinked. What the hell kind of a question was this?

Best moment of the chapter.
Khazuki chapter 5 . 4/21/2012
Dude, Thane and Jack? Didn't think it would be possible, but this is amazing. Your characterization is spot-on, and you've taken some really interesting angles on how to develop this fictional romance–what attracts them to each other, etc. Great work, stuff like this makes fanfiction worth reading. :)
Tikigod784 chapter 14 . 2/17/2012
So yeah, I didn't think you could do it, but this pairing worked. Also, interactions between characters were fantastic with the exception of Shepard. You did use him pretty well in the last chapter, but overall he just doesn't have much of a presence, which isn't really necessary in the first place I suppose.

Overall, excellent story with interesting and hilarious modifications to the Suicide Mission. Good job and thanks for writing!