Reviews for Endure Burning
MacGirl2.0 chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
I loved it! I love I read stories on this site (and others like it) that break away from the canon and recreate a much-loved story.
Also, I love tragedies. Some may call me a masochist, but I find them to be a refreshing escape from the stereotypical love stories that all sound too similar. There are many ways to kill a character off or create a twist at the end of a story.
That does not mean that I am not partial to some Austen or other great writers like her. I am. I just find the genre of romance too confining.
sballLuvr5 chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
This was written beautifully. It was really sad, but I agree with you on the suicide thing. I think vampires are able to kill themselves in the manner which you described. It makes sense. :)

Kristi
Sheeijan chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Just found your story, and I have to agree 100% with you on the viability of a vampire being able to commit suicide in this manner. It requires a huge amount of will and self loathing of course. But we all know that Edward has that in spades. Wanting to kill a child, and hurting Esme-definitely enough to push him over the edge. Poor Esme though. She in particular would have a hard time with his loss. Wonderful, realistic story. The last bit with Alice was a good touch. I wonder if it helped Alice to have that bit of closure, that perhaps his death wasn't completely in vain. Because it occurs to me that for Edward, his suicide might possibly be also a bit to keep Bella alive. That he was afraid the call of her blood would be too much to resist while he knew where it was. Does that make sense? Anyway, great story.
moodyval chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
Very well written story.

Even though Edward dies your writing style makes this short story worth reading.
annaharding chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
Wow - really liked this, horror that it is, but really liked it. Thanx!
KeeWit chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
I agree that the whole inability to cimmit suicide part of the Twilight series did not make sense. I liked the way you worked with Edward's character.
xxSottoVocexx chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
i like this story a lot... right up to the whole edward suicide thing. it seems tacked on, to fit the competition prompt.

otherwise, this is the best bella as a little girl story ive read- very sweet and insightful about her relationship with her parents. I kinda wish you'd write an alternate ending that isnt so melodramatic! With lots of fluff! (But I realize that's so not gonna happen.)
star574 chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
When you know going in that a Cullen is going to die, it becomes more a matter of who and how.

I had the same question about vamp suicide - seemed like it would be possible - and Edward certainly had enough self-loathing to be able to pull it off.
MysticNyx06 chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
i love it :)
CindyWindy chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Ow, that hurt. I mean I figured it'd be a painful read, but yikes. Well, jj, you met your goal. It's a very effective, and highly affecting, story. It's incredibly well-written just like your UaHoS, although so very different in many ways, which shows your versatility. This was just so vivid and heartbreaking.

Great job, Jackie! If I ever need a good cry, I'll read it again. :-)
miaokuancha chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
augh!

heartfail indeed.

oh my god.

you killed me along with the cullen.
MyHeartBelongsToEdwardCullen chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
I liked how the story was set in 1996 and that Bella was 8 visiting Charlie. I dont think i have read a story like this but i enjoyed it. I enjoyed the side story about Jasper and Grace in Chicago and I also enjoyed the fight off between mother and son, it showed how much Esme cares. The ending was a little confusing but i liked how you went to present day Bella. Good story line and and an enjoyable story.
Treya chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
:( It seems that Edward and Bella are always destined to find one another. It's a shame he made such a rash decision. :'(