Reviews for Goblin Mage
Mike.Delphi chapter 20 . 8/11/2014
Why am I having flashbacks to the movie "Wizards" I believe it was called where at the end of the final battle the last two lines would be read:

BANG!

"I'm glad you changed your last name you Son of a Bitch..."

(I'm not 100% on the quote as it's been nearly 15 years since I've seen the movie).
missgsmith51 chapter 20 . 5/21/2014
The duel, ending with a gunshot, reminds me of the scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark, where Indiana Jones is facing an Arab swordsman. The guy, all in black, is doing this fancy stuff with his sword and laughing. Indy, standing there with his bullwhip, finally just reaches for his pistol and shoots the guy and takes off.

It was a fitting death for such a creature. I agree. Now what will everyone do, since there is no more Voldy to fight?

Interesting story. I liked it.
missgsmith51 chapter 18 . 5/21/2014
Tonks is a MetamorphMAGus (similar to AniMAGus). I think the "mag" syllable is important.

I'm confused by the paragraph about Mrs. Tonks adopting Teddy. Did I miss something? Were Tonks and Remus married and did they have a baby already in your story? Is Tonks still alive? I know Remus is, because he fought in the battle last chapter, so Andromeda wouldn't be adopting Teddy Lupin, would she? Please explain.
missgsmith51 chapter 17 . 5/21/2014
Interesting that Voldemort cut and run. Then again, he no longer has Bella, and she was as good as half a dozen of the others.

I'm surprised Remus and Sirius allowed Ginny to fight.
missgsmith51 chapter 16 . 5/21/2014
Snape is really PO'd at Dumbledore!

LOL at Severus and Harry! Potion ingredients, point, and detention? I'm sure Harry hopes those are his biggest problems!
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 5/21/2014
Poor Quickrook. :(

Does Blaise want Harry to rescue his mother? If she is a healer, I wouldn't be surprised if she had been kidnapped and forced to serve Voldemort.
missgsmith51 chapter 14 . 5/21/2014
I've actually only read one Azkaban story, in which Harry takes up the title Lord Caer (?) Azkaban through Sirius's will and must live on the island. I've seen (but not read) others that have Harry as a prisoner.
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 5/21/2014
Wormtail's weakness was his lack of integrity. He was also afraid of Voldemort, as he said in PoA.

Hehe! I'd like to watch Wormtail's face as Ginny stares at him, fingering her wand and cursing under her breath. He'd probably soil himself before simply having a stroke.
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 5/21/2014
I'm sorry! **laughing heartily at Snape over the St. Mungo's comment** No wonder Snape is PO'd. I agree with him about DD being too trusting. If the old coot can't use the tools he's been given to keep people safe, step aside and let Sev or Minerva handle things.

Ginny won't be happy to learn she gave her special virgin witch magic to save Wormtail. In fact, I hope she sends him a few bat bogies to keep him busy.
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 5/21/2014
Why is Snape going back to Voldemort? I thought Voldemort believed Snape was dead. And didn't Harry remove Snape's Mark?

I really don't think Harry has a lack of interest in girls. Seriously, though, when has Harry had time to pursue any girl sexually? During the school year, he not only has classes, studying, Quidditch, and detention; but he's also generally trying to stay out of the clutches of Voldemort and whatever teacher or monster is trying to kill him (plus trying to avoid Draco and his goons). During the summers, he has been locked up in Durzkaban, until this year. This summer he has been Mage training until he drops every day. Not much time for chasing girls there, even with two of them in the house.

I think Harry's main focus at the moment is staying alive long enough to take out Voldemort. After that, I'm sure he and the girl of his choice will hang the DND sign on the door and not come out for a month.
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 5/21/2014
How is it that Greyback is half transformed, but the others - Remus and the two werewolf Aurors - are not? I'm curious as to what they plan to do with him. Will they study him to try and see exactly what anatomical changes occur during the transformation, so that they can improve Wolfsbane? Or will they keep him through his transformation and then hand him over to the Ministry? Or will they kill him?
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 5/21/2014
Why doesn't Kreacher or Dobby give Harry a nice full-body massage? There's nothing like it when the "body all achin' and wracked with pain." I'll bet that's something lots of House-elves do, especially when their masters are warriors. Well, Harry is a warrior-in-training.

Ron and Draco ... It must be bad if both mums are in accord.
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 5/21/2014
Throughout the years, Lucius has managed to avoid paying for most of his evil deeds ... and he has done many. I think he has just been handed a bill for the first installment ... or maybe the final one.

Voldemort is racking up a pretty high list of charges, as well, and his due date is also drawing near. Also, I f he keeps killing off his minions, he's going to be alone soon.
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 5/21/2014
I don't think I could handle being a Goblin and being confined to underground. When I think of just the Muggle stuff that runs underground - the Tube, gas, electric, and water systems, just for starters - the a Goblin tunnels would have to be incredibly deep for the Muggle stuff not to collapse and bury them. Take that train that goes under the Channel, for example. The thought being beneath the ocean floor is just too scary. (I can't even ride BART under SF Bay in California ... Too many earthquakes here!)

Interesting about the Flamels. I wonder if DD knows they still live. Will Harry get to meet him?

I like stories that incorporate the Goblins. They always seem to deal fairly with Harry, and the important ones seem to value him as a friend and try to help him with his tasks. They also seem to honor the "parent/child" bond between Harry and Sirius.
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 5/21/2014
Actually, Dumbledore himself talks about his abilities in HBP: "I have already proven to you, I make mistakes like the next man. In fact, being – forgive me – rather cleverer than most men, my mistakes tend to be correspondingly huger." I don't think we're meant to see him as evil (in the books), but we are certainly shown his cunning.

We know DD is a manipulator. He manipulated Snape into spying for the Order despite the fact that every summons to Voldemort could have ended in his death. Look at how he used Harry to get Slughorn to come to Hogwarts. He also manipulated Snape horribly in HBP, forcing him to perform the AK. I suspect those lemon drops are laced with loyalty potions and some sort of calming draught to make people drop their guard and agree to odd things.

I think the reason Hagrid took Harry to Diagon Alley was to plant the idea of DD's "wonderfulness" and encourage Harry to want to be in Gryffindor. And why didn't Hagrid explain the barrier at Platform 9 3/4? That's not exactly something Harry could be expected to know. Was it a way to "encourage" a connection with the Weasleys, who would reinforce positive Gryffindor and Dumbledore feelings? Just questions I have about our Headmaster's motives for some things.