Reviews for Of All This Past
LoquaciousQuark chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
This whole thing is brilliant. I love how you captured the length and seriousness of the whole Orzammar questline; coming out of the Deep Roads really did leave me feeling all drawn and wan and tired from how absolutely long it is, and their reunion was so sweet and sad. You always write these killer last lines that tinge the rest of the fic with a whole new meaning; I love it.
HyperPenguin chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
I don't know how you do it. Your writing is beautiful. I've enjoyed all your stories this one especially. Keep up the great work!
calicofires chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
This is so insightful.
MorwennaTheWicked chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Finally decided I wouldn't be too spoiled by reading this. I like the details of the smells and the ever present lyrium. Alistair still has much to learn, but he's getting there.
Tatiana1 chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Bravo. The style, the level of detail - perfect. Thank you.
Velocity River chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
I think I've read all of your Giovanna (I love this name!)/Alistair stories. They are freaking fantastic. I love the little details, like the smell of Orzammar or the feel of the bed. It creates a sense of realness to the game.

I personally think you have created one of the best interpretations of Alistair. I can actually see the change from beginning to now and it's so damn realistic. It almost makes me believe that he is a real person out there.

Well done. I really enjoy reading your stories. Thank you.
Sabella chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
You've delivered a sensitive, artistic touch to the craft of storytelling. An enjoyable read - very well done. :)
LittleWhiteWolf chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Gorgeous. Just gorgeous.
Lalaith Raina chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Aw.

I got excited when I saw this update in my email. : (... I used my old, embarrassing account to fav you. )

I loved all the little details you included. Especially in the beginning. I mean, I always figured Orzammar would be different, but I'd never fully fleshed out the smell and the powdery air, or that distinct whoosh of lava, or the grime and starvation of the Deep Roads. And all that really put me /right there/, and I'm pretty sure every time I play the game now I'll think of those details.

I also really enjoyed your portrayal of Bhelen. He was certainly a character I had a love/hate thing with. I hated him as an Aeducan and for how viciously he played the political game, but at the same time I liked him for being a symbol of change and a visionary. And you made him so - for lack of better phrasing - /human/ here. With a happy family, and regrets, and love. And the links you drew to Alistair were also very interesting and cool. About them both doing anything for the one they love. D'aww.

Though, I have to wonder, /was/ it possible to talk Bhelen into standing down from killing Harrowmount? I don't think I did with my Cousland, but I don't recall if I just chose the wrong option or what.

Also - the end? So sweet, and bittersweet. I loved that final line; took a very romantic and beautiful (and very Alistair-y! So in-character for him to nervously brush around a subject like commitment in a sweet and slightly comic way) moment and gave that little dark twist of reality. Guh.

I'm interested to see how your Alistair will handle the Landsmeet/being king. I hope that someday they get their happy ending of crown-hair and fancy cheese and long, un-cut hair. For thirty years or so.

And now I've rambled too much, so I'll take it as a sign to go to bed.
Alexiamorana chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
aw, I liked that a lot! You have such a great narrative quality and the end made me a bit sad. I almost forgot that their lifespans are cut short..
Melismo chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
This was just very moving and powerful. I definitely teared up a bit.

I'm sad to see the saga end, but this resolution feels complete. I've enjoyed this story a great deal. Thank you.