Reviews for On the Brink
Amazing story, I was very impressed with the length. I sorta wonder just what it took for Flynn to be brainwashed and if Yui could withstand th same treatment. Their scene on the roof concerning their friendship seemed so accurate, with Yuri literally willing to take the fall. Must say I never expected Justice to have a crush on Sodia; you kept that very well hidden.
I hope a sequel is planned, for I am really curious about Florence's connection to Rita, the Crow demon dude, why Estelle was needed, if Flynn manages to get promoted after the ordeal (must say I am really glad you didn't kill him), and what illegal activity Yuri commits next and how he will be punished, leading to a new catastrophe threatening the nation.
It is entirely possible that you may have list inspiration, yet I still find myself wondering if the mentioned sequel is to come?

Sincerely,
GrayIceEternal
Elizabeth the Bathog chapter 23 . 10/15/2011
Love this story! I so gona read the sequel :D Good work on your first fanfiction!
Mizu Hoseki chapter 23 . 10/14/2011
you end the story with a mystery? no fair!

-stares slack jawed-

...

-squeaks-

next year...

we have to wait till next year

-falls to the ground crying-

I'll have to reread everything again to remember by then...

your sneaky, you know that right?

-grumbles softy-

how the heck does Justice survive all that anyway? and he's fond of Sodia? seriously?

-shudders-

I hate that womans guts...

well guess I'll see you the next story...

PeachTeaKT chapter 23 . 10/11/2011
A wonderful end to a wonderful story. You're amazingggg! You wonderful, talented, sexy thing, you. I can't wait for the sequel!
orangepotato chapter 23 . 10/11/2011
And it's the end! A wonderful ending chapter and overall, a wonderful story. I enjoyed reading every chapter, even through the long waits, and it was well worth the wait.

A nice, peaceful ending for such a terrifying event, though as Raven's report suggested, there's defiantly more that could happen(which could be very bad concerning the sequel, though equally exciting). Speaking of Raven, I loved the part with him! That was hysterical as well as informative.

"...with each member receiving the death-"death starts with a d not a b, "-penalty for the crimes of treason..."

and

"...although he attempted to destroy the Capital, did honor-" Yup, not horror,"-this country during the Great War."

I just laughed as I came upon that. I guess six hours can be taxing on anyone, so mistakes like those are to be expected.

As for the ending... I bet I know who took Justice away. It was that strange scared man, since he had "a crow" marked on him. But to think, Justice is alive and well and now he's been taken from the Capital to who knows where. I'm insanely interested to see what you have planned for the sequel.

Last note on Justice: wow, Sodia, huh? I had wondered since you'd brought it up who he was infatuated with. When you brought up the room, I kind of wondered if it was Estelle, but imagine my shock when it was Sodia. That's also something that I'd be interested to see. (Not necessarily his relationship with her but how he deals with that feeling now that he's not... well... as crazy.)

Anywho, a great story! It's been wonderful to read it from the beginning and I do hope you get the sequel out next year. I'll be waiting for the update, so until then of course, take care.

Thanks for the amazing adventure! Keep up the excellent work and I do hope to see more from you in the future! You have a talent for writing and I'm excited to see where you plan to take this story!

It's been a fantastic journey!

endra1 chapter 23 . 10/11/2011
Well done!

This was a very good finish to a brilliant fanfiction. Even though it's finished, your fiction will remain on my favorite list. Great job.

I'm going to miss this fiction but I hope to see some of your other stuff come through sooner or later.

Again, well done and I'll miss this fiction!
orangepotato chapter 22 . 10/11/2011
Man! What a way to end that chapter! It was also an awesome second to last chapter!

So Justice is the one they need to kill to end everything, huh? I'm assuming that the whole "pain-rant-thing" was Justice since he's the only one who'd think like that at the moment. I have to say, I really liked that part. It was just a tad crazy and slowly, it even lost it's sense. Very well done with that.

AND! Yuri "beat" Chandler, though that fight wasn't anywhere near pleasant. Poor guy almost fell off the roof multiple times, only to be saved by Flynn.

I thought the fight scene made plenty of sense. It was brilliantly written and suspenseful to say the least. You did a wonderful job capturing the tension of the situation as well as keeping the heart pounding pace.

Can't wait to see how it all ends!

PeachTeaKT chapter 22 . 10/3/2011
KJGASG NONONONO CHANDLER WHYYYYYYYY! D:

This chapter is probably one of the best things I've ever read in fanfiction. I mean, holy crap. Seriously, this is amazing! One more chapter! I'll be waiting!
Mizu Hoseki chapter 22 . 10/3/2011
-runs around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to find the first aid kit-

where did I put that thing! we need to fix Yuri's shoulder!

-stops long enough to salute Chandler-

good fight!

Rita better be able to fix all this!

-bounces in her seat-

oh how I can't wait for the next chapter, I wonder how they're gonna try and save the day

endra1 chapter 21 . 9/27/2011
Hey there!

I'm still loving this story. It's a little sad to hear that it's going to be finished soon but I understand that all things must come to an end. Still, I hope that you will write another Tales of Vesperia fanfiction sooner or later. I'll be sure to read it!

There were a few grammatical errors here (like some fused sentences and so on) but I think that was from a simple lack of editing. I tend not to edit my fanficions either so it is understandable. Still, I just thought I would point it out for you.

I'm really excited to see what is going to happen next. I'm hanging out for Yuri and Chandler's fight. I should be great!

Please update again soon! I love it!
orangepotato chapter 21 . 9/27/2011
DUN DUN DUN!

The final battle is about to ensue! Nice ending line, just so you know. It had a lot of impact and I'm very excited to see how the battle unfolds. Knowing you, I can't count on anything. This battle really could go either way.

Man! What's with Florence's relationship to Rita? It's apparently deep rooted so I'm extremely interested in that. Also, what's up with this strange dude showing up? I'm sure he'll be in the sequel since we appear to be getting close to the end here. A Crow huh?

Great chapter! I can't wait till the next one comes out! We're so very close!

Update as soon as possible and wonderful job once again,

orangepotato chapter 20 . 9/27/2011
Another wonderful chapter!

Man, things are heating up between Chandler and Yuri now! Good job with Yuri's beliefs. He'd defiantly agree with Chandler on some points but destroying the entire capital? Nope, not our hero. I'm excited to see how that fight turns out.

Dude! What on earth! This Ending thing is freaky and now Justice is a ticking time bomb. Poor guy. The last part really makes you think, or at least, it made me think. He was an idealist like Alexei, just wanting to do something and then he was overcome by greed and power. He's a great character, and since he's still thinking, I'm interested to see what happens to him as he finally fades. (Hopefully it wont end with an explosion, but I'll just have to wait and see).

Glad to see the others made it as well. Extra help is always nice. Raven seems to know what's going on so hopefully he'll be able to help if things go downhill... of course, he's already admitted to himself that things are already pretty much lost.

Speaking of everyone else, what's up with Florence? How does he know Rita? It's creepy that he's grown a fascination of sorts with her... But what can be said? Florence is a strange guy. O.o I'm extremely interested to see what that's all about.

I'm off to read the next chapter! Great job on this one!

Mizu Hoseki chapter 21 . 9/26/2011
-stares at the last line for a few minutes-

...

-starts whining-

but, but, I wanna read more...

-stares at the page willing more to show up-

T_T we're so close! I wanna see the fight!

-stares at inbox-

I'll be looking for that notice in my mail...

PeachTeaKT chapter 21 . 9/26/2011
So much awesome in one chapter! These chapters just keep getting better. I miss the light-hearted Chandler too... Anyways, great job! Keep going!
Mizu Hoseki chapter 20 . 9/24/2011
you know i could have sworn I had fav'd and alerted this back when I first started reading it... guess I missed the square...

-stares-

dang... Justice is a bomb? like an aer equivalent of a nuke? or something?

-shudders-

not a pretty thought...

-bounces in her seat-

can't wait to see what comes next _