Reviews for Stargate Eldar
Albericus chapter 9 . 11/24/2011
Well I am sadden to learn that, this story was promising. But I know that when the Muse is gone, there is no forcing her back.

Good luck with your writting !
Trife chapter 9 . 11/24/2011
Very sad to see this story go I was truly enjoying it to. I wish you all the best in your future projects. :)

Lunatic Pandora1 chapter 8 . 5/2/2011
Language barriers, the enemy of first contact everywhere. I suppose it could have gone worse though, yeah?
Trife chapter 8 . 4/30/2011
Good update. Happy to see you are still around. There was several places especially in the end that had words in the wrong order or words missing from it to make it sound better or flow together and not make the sentences seem choppy.

As for the gate travel I understood it and think it is a interesting way of describing it. The escape was different and a nice way of doing it while putting in the way the Eldar do things.

As to when the Eldar should start to learn English maybe when they start to have more interactions with the humans. This way you can use it to be a believable way or even have them try and read a humans mind and slowly get a basic understanding by putting words with images to help them with what word means what with the humans.

As for Jonas I am not sure really. I guess it would be when you feel he would be best to show up in the story.

Now on the part of Daniel dieing well I have a really good idea to go with this if you decide to do this as I know he ascends when he dies or at least in the show he did. If you have him die when on a mission and maybe have the Eldar see it as that would really freak them out specially if they felt the sheer power a ascended being possessed.

As to Apophis having the new pets I think it will be interesting to see what happens specially when the Eldar find them. Also will the name of the planet be the same as the dark eldars planet that they have? I look forward to reading more. Please update soon if possible I missed this story!

Tyranifex chapter 8 . 4/30/2011
I understand fully how you changed the gate-travel, even though the way you changed it contradicts canon. and if I may make a suggestion, put the Necrons in, I mean they're even more advanced than the ancients and it would really scare the humans.

Hope you don't take too long to update, cannot wait for more!

-Tyranifex
starspawn07 chapter 8 . 4/30/2011
well thought out chapter :)

take your time but keep the good stuff comin :D

regarding your questions:

- I think the escape is quite original :) There is optimal amount of tension.

- given their mental capabilities, the Eldar should have some understanding of English by now. besides, according to the Codex, the Eldar can have conversations with body language alone. that's how refined they are.

- hm, how about bringing in Jonas when you want a "renewed sense of amazement" ?

- Daniel's death will be a good demonstration of Tau'ri spirituality to the Eldar. It is also another chance to interact with Chaos ;)

( Sorry, Daniel, I love you, but you have to fulfil your destiny ... )

- yes, Gate travel is now through the Warp, right ?

- well, Apophis hasn't put his new "pets" to any use yet so I can't say much.

- you know that everyone's just gonna read Squad Broken out of curiosity right -_

I hope the Tau'ri can establish relations with the Eldar before making contact with other civilisations :) ( especially the Tollans. let's see them boast about their "technological superiority" in front of the Eldar ... )
Mike9 chapter 8 . 4/30/2011
Nice chapter, glad you've kept the story going. Well done with the escape and showing the two Eldar characters. I guess learning English should happen then the Eldar can be bothered. Didn't get the gate thing but I'm more 40k then Stargate.

Finally, why did you have to mention Squad Broken. Really, you only are perpetuating the terribleness. I'm perpetuating the terribleness. Arrrr

Gav and Bob. Gav and Bob make everything better. Now off to read the story of the One Free Man and the Shepard to erase the bad memories.
TheOneKnownAsEmerald chapter 7 . 2/5/2011
my main problem is that somehow Warlock Kenconrith survived when its established in SG1 canon that to get emgulfed by the blue liquid/gas from the Stargate is to be killed (evaporated instantly)
Mike9 chapter 7 . 12/29/2010
Interesting so far, and have enjoyed the recent updates. Hope you have the Eldar learning English and not the other way around, since if I remember correctly the language of the Eldar is meant too be extremely complex with the same word having multiple meanings depending on how it is pronounced, not just where it is said in a sentence.

Not sure about Daniel. But considering the Imperium speaks high gothic as its official language which I think is supposed to be derived from Latin he should speak Latin and then have the Eldar work to English from there while Daniel tries to learn High Gothic.

Nice reveal of the Null, too be honest I thought you might go for it being Daniel. Although strange powers it has, I always thought of Nulls as hurting psykers by their presence not affecting the magic. But different universe different rules.

Character list? When was this suggested, whatever...

Daemon Jack, cool. But wouldn't that kill him, I think a champion of Chaos but Becoming a daemon prince is a reward for thousands of battles and following years of mutations. Still, it is cool. I'm undecided.

Well have fun and I look forward to your next chapter.
starspawn07 chapter 7 . 12/28/2010
Regarding your qns:

- I'm sure Daniel speaks English, Chinese, Latin, Egyptian, Old Norse & every alien language mentioned in the show, but the rest i don't know XP

- The Null effect was very suspenseful. Well done :D

- So far I can keep track of most of the main characters. As long as the main characters are able to leave a deep impression on the reader, there is no pressing need for a character list ;)

- Shh, don't give away the plot XD

but since you ask: I suggest you leave it open. just give him whatever daemonic gifts you want and leave it for others to figure out what the hell happened to him. ( e.g from SGC's perspective, he has become an evil Ascended like Anubis or the Ori. from the Eldar's pov, he's a daemon prince )

take your time but keep the good stuff comin :)
Lunatic Pandora1 chapter 7 . 12/28/2010
Don't tell me, Janet's a null?

And shouldn't Keconrith have vaporized if he got caught in the matter burst from the Stargate?
Imperial warlord chapter 7 . 12/28/2010
Awesome chapter.
Tyranifex chapter 7 . 12/28/2010
great chapter, cannot wait for more
Trife chapter 7 . 12/28/2010
Good update. There was a couple of things I found in this chapter that was weird to me specially if you use SG-1 physics. They are as follows:

1. When a stargate is first opens and sends out the energy burst anything caught within the "blast" is vaporized and I think it showed it on several eps including where I believe it was a funeral and they used the stargate to get rid of the bodies? Not sure on that part though but I seem to remember it.

2. The only other issue I had with this is when you had the co-polite shooting the polite with the zat gun as one shot stuns second kills and the third vaporizes the body or object that is targeted.

As for your questions:

What languages does Daniel speak? Well it was reviled that some of them are latin, german, russian, egyption, sumaric, englih, and some others that I don't remember the names of currnely but you might be able to find out the info you need using google.

He says over twenty but what are they?

I kind of answered this one in the first question and this one is basically asking the same thing :P

How did you like revelation of the psychic null?

Pretty good and I wonder what the others will think of this when they learn of this specially the Eldar.

When should I make that character list?

I think this one was asked last chapter but I think it would be a good idea when there gets to me a few more new chars on the scene.

Should Jack become a daemon prince for the final showdown with him?

That would be a interesting and different twist and would very interesting to see how they will deal with it. Specially Jacks friends and co-workers in the SGC and the Asgard as I don't think they would like him turning into that but idk it will be different at least.

Also I am wondering will the Eldar later settle a planet or something to restart their race in this universe?Please update soon!

popupman chapter 2 . 11/30/2010
I started reading it! And I'm enjoying it! But I've never played Warhammer so I had to go sit down and bone up on the subject :D

I didn't understand ANYTHING you were talking about at first, but now I do! It its great!

I really like the Eldar race so far :D

*shakes fist angrily* You have sucked me into the realm of Warhammer! CURSES! I just escaped WoW!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »