Reviews for Crush on a Champ
vaso.caskett chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
Have i mentioned how happy i am every time i see an alert for a new story? In case i haven't i'm SO glad when you decide to write something new.

You are very good at writing LL as a couple. You give them nice scenes, they always hug, touch and stuff. I would like to see a story where you write LL as a couple from the beginning ;) Please, pretty please? :)

The story was great as always. You could clearly see how annoyed Luke was with Lorelai's obsession with Butch.

Lorelai on the other hand was eager to participate so she could find out more about Luke's past.

The scene where Lorelai tells Luke about her crush and Luke misunderstands it is great. Miss-communication at it's finest, but it ended up really really well :)
Starhviewer chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
As with all of your stories, I loved it. I like that Lorelai is probing Luke about Carrie Duncan and even Rachel. The progression of Lorelai's realization is truly enjoyable to read. I also like how you showed Luke getting frustrated/angry at Lorelai referring to "Butch" as someone apart from Luke. He was jealous of himself lol.

I hope you do post another fiction in March. I'm always impatiently awaiting your next great story. I hope you're planning a long line of L/L stories for our reading pleasure.

Great job as always.
AtticusLovesMe chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
Cute. As always.

Loved it :)
Hazmatt chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Incredible story! I really enjoyed it! Very cute! I'm glad that everything worked out! Happy 2010 to you as well!
HouseBroken chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
loved it''
Matinee chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Ooh, absolutely loved it. I especially liked the glimpses to Lukes past, we don't get read about that often. Write more soon please :)
jsczech chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
So glad to see something new from you. Loved it.

Jill
Copop chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
Yay, a new story from you :D I somehow expected it in the next days, but certainly not when you posted it. Well, maybe that’s the way you partay, lol.

First of all. I loved it. Just so unexpected and sometimes frustratingly oblivious Luke is hilarious, lol. And because of one part in particular, but more on that later

Now the details: When you wrote in your AN that the story won’t be like we think, I was like, huh, what do we think it is? Well, I thought you had Lorelai go back in time physically or something. So, in my case it applied to me, it wasn’t like I thought, haha. Job done on your part then ;)

I had a suspicion though, from the moment Lorelai enjoyed watching teenage Luke way more than she should, at least at that point in their relationship. I loved how you evolved her realization.

Luke not getting it, so typical. He never lets himself believe it until it hits him right in the head, or on the mouth :P

Now the part why I love this story so much (more than I would have without it, you know, this is a plus, so to say):

“They parted, and Lorelai’s eyes remained closed as Luke slid in and out of her.

Her hand ran through his wet, curling hair. “Just…take it off,” she whispered.

He slowed. “What?”

She opened her eyes. Saw him looking at her. She paused before saying again, “Take it off.”

His eyes widened. “The…” His eyes dropped down suggestively. She nodded, yes. He’d stopped completely by then. They stared for a long moment. “Are you…on the pill?” She blinked, looked a little wistful as she shook her head.

“No,” she answered quietly.“

Guh! Hot!

I was kinda shocked in the first moment, because, well, consequences? But at the same time, I was in aw.

You have a complete new thing in here. Ok, in other stories you have it implied that they are aware of their actions and the possible consequences, but never did they mention it so very straight forward.

And the best part is, they’re just accepting it. Like you wrote in the story, it’s irresponsible and maybe not very smart, but it’s just awesome to me. I’m so bummed you’ll never write any further than that. I have accepted it but still am bummed, lol.

How you let the town find out is so cool. Luke can be sneaky at times, I see :D

So, just bring on the other ideas you have. And so soon already? I hope you don’t put too much pressure on yourself here, your readers will wait (haha, what else can they do anyway *giggles*)

Till your next one, hon :)
sarahb2007 chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
aww i never knew i could love a story so much... i am sad to see this one end after just one chapter..."pout" maybe a some what of a sequel will comout of this... can't wait to see more from you
Freakytiky chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
There's nothing I love more than football. So naturally last night while the Super Bowl aired, I watched intently and cheered like a good little fan. That is, until I checked my email and saw that you had posted a new GG fanfic. I got so excited that I immediately began to read it... The men in super-tight tights were just going to have to wait.

There are many things I liked about this story, but two readily come to mind. First, I liked how you delved a little into Luke's past, in particular into his track and baseball years. This isn't a story that's been done many times before (if it all). The second thing I liked about this fanfic was the ending. I liked reading a bit about "the swarm" and I loved loved loved the last line. Very cute way to end the story.

Oh and one more thing. Thank you so much for not having abandoned GG fanfic. I seriously cannot wait until March 1st... That's when I'll start checking my inbox every hour for your new story!
BFD chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
Well you've done it again, another great story. please keep writing them.
sky chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
great idea, great story, ... just great
Jeremy Shane chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
good chapter & more please
huch chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
wondering where you get you ideas from. Lovely story. And thank god youre back.
Steefvaniersel chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
Thanks so much for writing this story, I really enjoyed it!

I always wished Gimore Girls gave us more info on Luke's past, the death of his parents, his baseball/track years, growing up in Stars Hallow. I really loved your view of his highschool years, thanks for sharing!
33 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »