Reviews for Plausibility
ehs06702 chapter 34 . 9/8/2010
Crane. Without a doubt. I've dropped a chef knife on my foot before and the pain was agonizing,and I'd rather not meet someone who happily uses them on people. I think I'd rather be scared out of my wits. I'd like to think I'd be a good test subject, as easily as it is to scare me.
ShinyNinetales chapter 34 . 9/8/2010
that was good. i choose scarecrow
Celestial-moon-fire chapter 34 . 9/8/2010
Ah... Scarcrow for sure _;; I mean... yea xD Nice chapter. Ended with more cliffhmnagers 8( *must read more*
Lauralot chapter 34 . 9/8/2010
Let's see...if I was driving the taxi, I'd want to share it with the Scarecrow, if only because I know he'd have the sense not to poison me while I'm operating a vehicle he's trapped in. I'd imagine Zsasz would also be that intelligent, but I'm not as familiar with him and whether or not his determination can outweigh regard for his own safety, so I'll go with what I know. But if I'm sharing in the sense of riding in the backseat with...well, that's hard. Hmmm. I wonder if blood loss or toxin knocks you out first. In the end, I guess I'd have to go with the Scarecrow. Zsasz's knives wouldn't be as bad as the toxin, probably, but I know Zsasz would kill me. With Scarecrow, there's a chance otherwise.

I was pleasantly surprised by this chapter. I expected Danielle and Joe to somehow drive into the standoff between Zsasz and the officers and have a big damn heroes moment, but I really like that they wandered into the aftermath instead. Especially since Danielle's compassion is their undoing this time around. It's definitely her best trait, but it just had to show up at the worst possible moment. I can't wait to see how they get out of this, and what part Crane and Thomas will play in the rest of the story now that they're making their escape from the apartment as well.

I'm so happy that Stephens got away from the crazy killer, even if his wounds mean he's not out of the woods yet. I really like him. It was brilliant that the thought of having his face Jokerized was enough to make him fight back. So perfect.

And I love your Montoya. She's just as collected and professional and badass as the detective I remember from the cartoon back in my childhood. In fact, all of your characterizations are spot on. You've got a gift.
johncorn chapter 34 . 9/8/2010
I would probably choose zsasz it would be a less painful death.
nightchildx chapter 34 . 9/8/2010
AGHGHGH! unbelievable! How could Danielle not have learned her damn lesson? For Chissakes... -.-
invisiblehand chapter 34 . 9/8/2010
I choose to throw myself into the middle of a fourway, completely greenlit intersection. My odds are better playing in traffic then with either of those psychopaths
KorroksApostle chapter 33 . 9/5/2010
Hey Night Monkey, I lost my internet connection a while back and have been reading your story on my cell phone's itty bitty screen. I was initially intrigued by your cheeky summery, and challenge to readers to just once, not indulge the Sue writers and read something with an OC that was decent and non romantic.

I have to admit I was skeptical and wondered if it could even be done. I was intensely pleased as I dug into the story and found interesting, and god help me, entertaining original personalities in this story. Not only do you manage to keep the trio of main characters in-character but the side plot about the cops was an unexpected treat that could have been a story all its own.

The Tom and Jerry bit has been lost to a much more chaotic and pressing situation but if all makes it out okay, I demand we get the good detective sitting through those cartoons.

This review has been such a long time coming, I'm just happy to finally be able to compliment you and say BRAVO, girly! You've reminded me why I started reading fanfiction in the first place, all those years ago. You have no idea what that means to me.

And simply to be contrary I'm going to go with Chthulu. The sun will eventually burn out but the Old Ones are forever.
Celestial-moon-fire chapter 33 . 9/4/2010
Definetly Joe's Sun Cult~ xD
nightchildx chapter 33 . 9/4/2010
oh definitely joe's sun cult. you should tally up how many people want to join. we could take over the world.
SweetSylvia chapter 33 . 9/4/2010
I love your story. I've been eagerly awaiting each update since Ready to Rumble. I love how you have made everything so easily imaginable without going on and on for paragraphs about each individual thing! I love Joe, and Danielle. I cannot say just how much I love Schiff and how adorable he is, but the same is true for Crane except that he's not cute. This is literally the best fanfic I've ever read, everyone is kept In-Character so well, and I love how you've added to Zsasz's character so well that you just can't imagine that he was such a minor character in Batman Begins. It seems to me that you have the same twisted imagination and dark sense of humor that I do! You're number one on my list of awesome authors on !
AZ-woodbomb chapter 33 . 9/3/2010
Sun cult. Much happier.

Crane/Scarecrow would make a hell of a videogame baddie. Beat one side and he just wakes up as the other.

The idea of Zsasz getting a stern talking to from Crane is highly amusing. I wonder what he’s afraid of. His knife not cutting. People not bleeding? People to refusing to die?

But I really must commend you. This is a story of around 90.000 words that mostly takes place in a single room and it hasn’t gotten boring.

And finally DJ escape. I admit it would have been slightly hilarious if Jonathan had overtaken them in the hallway, but they’ve spent the whole story being victims.
Lauralot chapter 33 . 9/3/2010
Well, on the one hand, Cthulhu is really, really cool looking. But on the other hand, I think Joe would probably be a better leader than the followers of the Necronomicom, and any cult he formed probably wouldn't worship beings that would enslave us or worse when they returned to the earth. So Joe's cult, definitely.

There's something strangely cute about Thomas listening in on his sleeping boss, even if he is risking death or worse. I wonder what it was that Scarecrow was mumbling about.

It's interesting that Crane doesn't remember what his other half's been up to. Does that indicate that tonight pushed Scarecrow too far and they've actually split, perhaps? Whatever the reason, Crane's obviously not taking Scarecrow's behavior well, and I doubt this will leave to a calm discussion between the two.

I just love that Crane thinks the madman with a knife who wants to "free" everybody needs a stern talking to. It's so casual and so totally Jonathan Crane.

I'd be worried about Crane and Schiff catching up with Joe and Danielle again, but considering how hurt Crane is and the fact that Joe and Danielle are at the cab again, that seems unlikely. I predict that one of the groups will end up running into Zsasz, but I'm not yet sure which one.

I would have cheered when the car turned on if not for fear of waking my roommate.

Poor Stephens. Even if you are being held by a homicidal maniac, there are only so many questions and taunts you can take before it becomes too much, I guess.

And the cavalry arrives! Too bad it hasn't stopped Zsasz from stabbing the poor detective. I'm sure there's a way out of this, but I'll be damned if I can see it.

Awesome as always. This set the tone for my morning and that tone is awesome.
Becky7453 chapter 33 . 9/3/2010
Erm, I'm not so good when it comes to reviews, but here goes...

I started reading your story a couple of nights ago and to say I was impressed would be an understatement. You have managed to do what many published books cannot in the sense that you can describe surroundings without going on about it for paragraphs, or just ruining the feeling; you don't cut short wonderful moments and you can make me laugh out loud with it's humour.

I love Joe and his brilliant sarcastic lines. You have portrayed Scarecrow wonderfully. I like how Danielle slowly built up as a character, along with her bravery. The little Victor Zsasz side-story is perfect for suspense of the main plot line while also being also scarily entertaining.

But most of all, I adore Dr. Crane's schizophrenic pet, Thomas Schiff, for his little childlike qualities.

I should probably stop now and just say that I can't wait for the next chapter! For some reason, I can't see that being the end of Danielle and Joe's encounter with Scarecrow/Crane.

Gah, I love your story.

Becky D
farewelljazzs chapter 33 . 9/3/2010
Tuff! I'm not a fan of the sun, I burn quite easily. But I think if I had been in their position - sign me up! Best line in this chapter:

"No fluff answers. This isn't middle school, where you can get away with saying the book you read was "well-written"; I demand substance. What kind of satisfaction?"

I have to say, that was really you sneaking in to Victor character and saying that.

Nice one!