Reviews for Does It Amuse You To Torture Me?
Moonflower26 chapter 24 . 1/5
Thank you so much for writing this story - ogromnoe spasibo! I hope you will continue writing for GG community. It's been a year since you updated anything, please come back!
Moonflower26 chapter 23 . 1/4
I can easily imagine the ILY scene playing out on the steps of a empire style mansion at the Moika river bank
Moonflower26 chapter 21 . 1/4
I was wondering why Carter married Blair, and now it is all explained.
So like Blair to claim that Chuck could not die because he still didn't profess his love for her
Moonflower26 chapter 17 . 1/4
Russian literature offers few stories with happy endings, but the mixture of Gossip girl characters, Pushkin and Lermontov is delightful anyway.
Moonflower26 chapter 12 . 1/4
I enjoyed their discussion of parallels with Eugene Onegin and Tatyana very much! Looking forward to Chair war!
Moonflower26 chapter 10 . 1/4
Brilliant chapter, Chuck's inner turmoil over meeting Blair again described beautifully
Moonflower26 chapter 9 . 1/4
What an end for the chapter, Blair had to marry Carter. That is an unexpected turn.
I've been spending my vacations in the Mineral Waters area where Pyatigorsk is situated and everything there is filled with Lermontov and his poetry and Hero of our time quotes cited by guides at every turn.
I think adopting Chuck's surname was not necessary. he could easily be a descendant of an English or German aristocrat or tradesman who came to Russia to find better service under Russian emperor. Bart himself could be first generation immigrant. It had been common occurance in the 19 century.
Moonflower26 chapter 6 . 1/4
The scene between Chuck and Blair had been so intense and sensual though there were no kisses or touches involved. It is obvious how special Blair is for Chuck.
I guess with Bart's death the dynamics would change drastically.
Moonflower26 chapter 2 . 1/4
Chuck and Blair in St. Petersburg as in the city where I live? How cool is that? I haven't read the Hero of our time though we had it in school program, maybe I will give it a try now if Pechorin is anything like our bad boy. As for the not Russian names pre-revolutionary Petersburg was full of people from all Europe with Germans being the biggest minority.
hipskip11 chapter 24 . 6/28/2013
Awh but this story was so cute I couldn't put it ! loved itt
monakamel97 chapter 24 . 2/27/2013
I love it and i love how chuck and blair waited for each other instead sneaking around behind everyone's back and how was every turning in the events unexpected i just loved it
eckomoon chapter 24 . 8/18/2012
This story pulled me in from beginning until the end. I loved the build up and their friendship. Loved the ending with Nate and Serena and don't worry the wedding night smut was good! :)
Krazy4Spike chapter 24 . 9/12/2011
Loved it. Very different story, but very interesting considering it doesn't take place in the US.
annablake chapter 24 . 7/13/2011
I thought the smut was great. Not embarrassing or too much at all. Just perfect actually. Very Chuck and Blair.

Can I just say I adore the way you write Chuck and Blair and their dynamic? Just loved, loved, loved the way they were friends for several years first (yes, like on the show, but here we actually saw it), so alike in so many ways and with such a strong attraction to each other - both on a physical and an emotional level. There had always been that deep connection which eventually was just impossible to stop. Just loved the way they schemed together and the way they only understood each other. Loved that they were both depicted as complex and flawed and stubborn and too proud for their own good. Loved their banter and their games. Yes, loved it all. Had a bit of a crisis there for a while over Carter, lolol, but I loved the way you solved the situation.

All in all: great! Will immediately add it to my favourites. :)
annablake chapter 22 . 7/13/2011
LOL. I adore Blair’s thoughts about the Queen’s role in chess. :)

Absolutely wonderful scene between C&B there at the end.