Reviews for Stealing From Thieves
riskeybusiness chapter 41 . 6/22/2015
Oh no! So close to the end yet not the end :( please please please update? I'd love an ending, really enjoyed the story so far!
adara1103 chapter 41 . 4/24/2015
This is a really good story and I hope that you are not going to abandon it. I can't wait to see what happens next. I will be following it and checking my inbox for updates.
Guest chapter 41 . 4/2/2015
are you going to finish the story?!

-wickedlysweetsilence
Guest chapter 35 . 4/1/2015
i dont want to lose my place by logging in, but my pen name is wickedlysweetsilence , and you have spun an amazing story. i promise to log in when i am finished and mark you as a favourite.

that was a beautiful chapter -almost unlike any other. and i have been reading fanfics since i was 12 in 2003.

i am so very glad you gave minerva a back story, and such a lovely one at that! i always assumed she felt maternally over hermione and severus. i cannot see why the HP books did not go in that way. i often fantasize that severus is JKs perfect man, as she crafted the hermione we know and love from her own youth.

thanks for the awesome story!
Liz Merryfeather chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
It's a good story shame you didn't finish it. I'll follow anyway, just in case.:)
excessivelyperky chapter 41 . 10/20/2014
Well, it's annoying that Harry automatically blames Snape for Hermione being upset, but unfortunately that's always going to be the case. At least Harry believed Snape when he told him what actually happened, which has not always been the case in the past.

It is also annoying that Hermione wouldn't let Snape sleep, but at least their argument was resolved.

And if Snape can produce more Wolfsbane, I'm sure Harry won't let him get ripped off, either.

Glad to see that Hermione realizes she was in the wrong for once, though, and that they reconciled.

Still want to hear more about that ring in Severus' pocket, though.
excessivelyperky chapter 40 . 10/10/2014
Actually, I don't blame Snape for being angry with Hermione here. I am glad that Lily came to set Hermione's heart and mind at ease, but it wasn't any of her business what Severus had to say to his mother.

Severus has been a doormat all his life for the people he loves. As he said, it's time for Hermione to prove that *she* loves *him*.
excessivelyperky chapter 39 . 9/27/2014
Yes; just like Hermione has to face her parents and own up to what she did, Snape needs to talk to Lily's ghost and lay it to rest. Old business needs to be finished for both of them.

Here's hoping Lily is a little more grown up than we saw her in canon...
excessivelyperky chapter 38 . 9/19/2014
Yeah; Snape is leaving under a shadow, but the shadow is not on him, but on the Board of Governors. I'm glad that Hermione and Minerva are showing their support, but am surprised a bit that Slytherin House didn't throw a fit-he was the only Head that ever cared for them.

Changes are coming to Hogwarts, though, and I think in time they will wish that they had protested Snape's departure a little more loudly. The governors aren't done with Hogwarts yet.

At least Snape is free and with Hermione, which is more than Albus ever had planned for him. That's another thief he should smile at; how much of his life was stolen by that old man?
excessivelyperky chapter 37 . 9/6/2014
Good scene at the scene for Malfoy's hearing; and you would think Draco would understand proper stage management to show family support, but he was likely overstressed.

And I loved how the students rallied around Snape (possibly because he *did* react to school bullying, against all Hogwarts tradition).

This is not going to make the Board look good.
excessivelyperky chapter 36 . 9/4/2014
Yes, going to the hearing is the only honorable thing, but it's still going to be a wrench to leave Hogwarts, especially to be kicked out for basically being a Slytherin loyal to another one. Just leaving when planned was going to be hard enough.

I wonder what Harry has planned?

And I think Hermione is going to get that big house by the sea with lots of room for kids.

I think both of them are having a truly excellent Valentine's Day.
excessivelyperky chapter 35 . 9/1/2014
Splendid chapter! And yes, especially since he plans to marry her anyway, a ring is *always* a proper gift for Valentine's Day.

But Snape has a limited amount of influence over the board of governors-they want him to sacrifice Lucius, a lifelong friendship, for the school. Hasn't he betrayed enough of his friends for them yet?

However, if he does choose Lucius, and he is sacked, well, Hermione just might go with him.
excessivelyperky chapter 34 . 8/22/2014
Oh, good! He finally got some rest. I would smack Lucius upside the head for being so ungrateful after all the efforts Snape has made for her (were it not that Snape can match him snark for snark, and Azkaban does not draw out the best social manner). But Lucius had better be really really grateful once he's out of there.
excessivelyperky chapter 33 . 8/17/2014
Yes, getting an expert in Memory Charms (*not* Gildylocks!) is probably the best bet for helping the Grangers. Now, there is a real risk that they won't forgive Hermione; being treated as Helpless Muggles by one's own daughter is certainly something that could ruin a relationship.

And Severus managed to make a good saving roll with Hermione simply by being truthful, and ditto with Pomfrey-now Poppy will likely actively aid and abet their relationship rather than holler cop to Minerva.

Plus, it's clear that Harry has grown up but Ron has not (but then, we saw that in the Epilogue, too).
excessivelyperky chapter 32 . 8/14/2014
Well...my guess is that Poppy is going to spread the word and the two of them will get their wish to leave Hogwarts, possibly sooner than either one thought.

But is that such a bad thing? In a year or two, another scandal will replace theirs, but they will still be happily married and quite probably thriving financially.

And Snape won't have to be sniped at by the staff at Hogwarts any more-that will certainly be a plus.