Reviews for Spells and Illusions
GothamPowerKaiju chapter 2 . 3/19/2014
Your version of Quagmire makes me think of Scarecrow from the Batman universe, with his fascination with fear, and testing it on others.
Bigun03 chapter 2 . 5/5/2013
Is it weird that once I read that the table of food and drinks appeared I automatically thought of Alice in Wonderland.
Psycho Tangerine chapter 9 . 2/23/2013
A great continuation of your series. You made the challenges of Island of Illusion more difficult and dangerous. Tommy and Jason would've actually hurt each other badly in that fight. I especially love the personalities to Goldar and Scorpina making them thinking and feeling beings rather than just henchmen.
jwstahle chapter 9 . 1/30/2013
wow this story was pretty intense. I loved it a lot though.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 9 . 8/3/2012
As with the first story in this series, an excellent ‘adult rewrite’, to say the least.
The fact that you even remembered to acknowledge such minor details as the public’s initial reactions to the Green Ranger that the show would have naturally overlooked would be excellent on its own, but the fact that you tie so many canonical events into this story at the same time is also brilliantly done, ranging from the Island of Illusion to Kimberly’s brief abduction and Jason and Tommy’s tension as two alphas on the same team...
The only real flaw I had was that you didn’t take the opportunity presented by Kimberly’s absence to introduce the Dragonzord zord combo, and you more than made up for that with the events surrounding the discovery/‘recruitment’ of Titanus and the new zord combinations created by his presence (To say nothing of your idea about the distinction between the Drgonzord in Battle Mode and the Megazord; stronger from the beginning, but somewhat less ‘staying power’).
The relationship between Tommy and Billy’s parents was a bit of a surprise, but it adds an interesting personal touch to the story, particularly given her initially negative view on the Green Ranger and the outside perspective she provides on his subsequent change of heart.
After reading this, I am DEFINITELY checking out the next story in this series...
Slothageddon chapter 4 . 7/3/2012
Man! Whatever Finster was smoking when he made you, I definitely want some of that.
Best.
Line.
Ever.
ROFLMAO
Eternal Headache chapter 9 . 3/24/2012
*SQUEE* Again, totally awesome work! I was particularity thrilled when you included the Jason/Tommy hatred bit. I loved that ep. Mostly cause Jason is so rarely targeted for spells.

What I would absolutely LOVE to see you do is a take on the ep where Jason had to save the others from their own candles. Naomi Tilly did one where he didn't make it out of the Dark Dimension and got forced to work for Zedd. She did two versions, actually, one being where he didn't survive at the end. Anyway, I'd love to see you do something like that, where Jason ends up in Zedd's power.

*G* Like I said, avid Jason whumper. Anyway, onto the next gem!
Tink508 chapter 4 . 3/15/2011
I love love love that you put Rocky and Adam in this chapter. I don't remember if I caught it before, but oh man. That was awesome.
Cosmos Angel and Yami Darkness chapter 9 . 1/8/2011
Keep going Plz
The Price Is Right fan chapter 9 . 9/16/2010
As much as I love this fic, there's a small nitpick I have to make as a game show fan...if Wheel of Fortune had just started in that scene, the $5,000 space wouldn't show up for about another 15 minutes. :-)
James Birdsong chapter 9 . 9/6/2010
Great story
Dan chapter 9 . 8/26/2010
Ok I have internet on my phone now so I can read your stories now. I am very happy with everything your have done so keep up the great work
ae1102 chapter 9 . 8/26/2010
GREAT STORY! can't wait for the next story
bub23453 chapter 9 . 8/26/2010
fantastic as always!

Um, i was just wondering, and maybe it's just too obvious but what's stopping the rangers from using the serum on Tommy's father? He already knows they're Power Rangers, and there have been cases of unexplained relief from Multiple Sclerosis (I was watching Unsolved Mysteries the other day and saw a woman who got hit by lightning get cured from MS).

Any chance you could explain it? Either in an answer or in the story?

Can't wait for the next part. Just curious, how many seasons are you going to go through? I really wish you were the writer for the series, it'd be a hit (though probably not with little kids...).
liron-aria chapter 9 . 8/25/2010
*grin*

Okay, that was fantastic. Very, very fantastic.

I haven't stopped grinning for about seven minutes.

The pun thing with Jason and the Shark? That was hilarious! And I loved Jason comment about English homework. I don't know why, exactly, but it just really clicked with me, kind of driving home the point that the Rangers still have school to worry about, and that they do have other things on their mind.

And then Kim showed up. Y'know I never really gave much thought to the Zord formations from MMPR, so I never realized that the Pterodactyl Zord wasn't used... Wonder why that was... And believe me, I share your hatred of Zord battles. That's why I'm thankful DT:Legacy is from Tommy's prespective, and he never has to go up in a Zord, just watch the battle, or keep Zeltrax occupied.

And when Trini got upset over the geese? I thought that was really sweet. It's kind of easy to get into the mindset that the Rangers are jaded from all the fighting, and well, normal people don't care too much about geese getting charbroiled, so it was nice to see her get fired up on their behalf. And then Tommy had to bring the mood down, but that's another thing entirely.

Tommy didn't screw up his first command! Yay for Tommy! And Zack, Trini, and Billy backing him up? YES! I especially loved Zack's reaction. Miss all the fun indeed... And of course, there was the slightly reckless moderate suicide move that actually won them the battle, but that's just Tommy's style, isn't it? Silly boy.

Rita, Goldar, and Scorpina were expertly done, as always. Tension, frustration, and surprisingly human characters... Mmm, delicious.

And Tommy and Kim are dating! Finally! I have to say, the wait just makes it all the sweeter. I mean, they (Tommy especially) deserve to be happy, and they've finally moved on sufficiently past the trauma, so they can take a stab at it... Yeah, I'm still grinning like an idiot now that they're together.

I really like Tommy's Dad right now, with him starting to smooth things over about the Green Ranger to Billy's Mom, and that little tidbit about him hiding his marital issues from Tommy (because no kid should have to listen to their parents arguing, in my opinion).

And Billy? I love you. Yes, boys, go skip out on homework and work on cars. Let Billy finish the project later so that he can have more male-bonding time with Tommy now... While I hate cars, it's nice to see a bit of foundation for Tommy's racing career in Turbo. Although, that wasn't as completely out of left field as his doctorate in paleontology... *shakes head* Eh, never mind.

And the last line? Spooky! It really gave me chills, and has me geared up for the next installment. I can't wait to see what you're going to come up with, because I'm a big fan of your angst writing and, y'know, there's the fact that your stories are well-developed and always leave me wanting more. Can't wait to see what you're going to do with Rita's revenge and the fallout on Tommy's end.

Anyway, congratulations on a job well done!