Reviews for The Greek Problem
LaylanatorXVII chapter 1 . 7/8
AGGGGH!
I HATE MY PHONE!
I know this is really weird and obsessive, but, hey, I have OCD, and it won't stop screwing with my head when my phone somehow screws up and I end up reviewing as an anonymous guest, so that review? The one right below this one, that starts with "'We hail from Greece.' My reaction:" THAT'S ME. :-)
Okay, love your stories, you are a fanfiction goddess/god, thank you for writing. :-)
Sincerely,
LaylanatorXVII
*crosses fingers and hopes phone works this time*
"We hail from Greece."
My reaction: Crazy spastic dancing while going "OHMYGODHSHSHHSHSJHSJDERTDTDTDGDGDGDGDG". Oh, yes, aren't I dignified? :-)
Also, the summary reminded me of a line from your other fic I read, "A Terribly Poor Understanding of Love": "If you would go to hell for loyalty- for God's sake, man, go for love as well." And I realized that in my review for that, I neglected to say: 'THAT LINE STOPPED MY HEART. I NEARLY CRIED. THANK YOU. THANK YOU SO MUCH.' So, now I have said it. I am content.
Also, loved this. You are beautiful. I think you may secretly be a god/goddess toying with us mere mortals by taunting us with glorious, glorious prose.
Thanks for writing. I am eternally grateful.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
Lovely. Deliciously romantic without too much needless drama. The poor man and his secret wife was rather tragic, but overall I really liked this one. Please keep writing!
CutieSOS chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
so great
TheKatInTheShade chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
I'm deeply in love with the victorian banter you have between them both, really brilliant story :)
A Vulcan's Kiss chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
This is brilliant!

Ahh! I just love this! Everything about this was astounding and completey in character and undoubdtedly well written.

The part when Watson thinks that his chest would burst from the pressure of it is how I feel right now! I am totally in love with this story!

Thank you so much for writing and blessing us all with this greatness!

- 80icrazy80
LonelyNightz chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
OMG I LOVE THIS! This has made my top 5 favorite Holmes/Watson fanfics!
Kate chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Beautifully done!
En Taiho chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Lovely writing! It fits the world of Sherlock Holmes quite well, especially with the bit of slash. Thank you for the good read!
JJ chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Oh, oh, ohhhhh this was amazing. The last few sections were particularly to die for. LOVED THIS. You are a genius writer. Beautiful story. Flawless characterization. Great ending. Just what I needed tonight. Gahhh. PERFECTION.
Alamo Girl chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
This was utterly, utterly brilliant. Every detail masterfully taken. The language, style and prose were perfect for 19 century London and so wonderfully in character. You kept Holmes masterfully obtuse at things of the heart and Watson's plight pulled at the reader's heartstrings.

I am in awe.
forgetmenotjimmy chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
Excellent fic!

:D
DisturbTheUniverse chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
There was something stunningly beautiful about this fic. It was like having a cup of hot coco in front of a fire on a snowy winter day. Thank you.
Ioga chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
This story, in contrast to Liability, is large enough to combine a detective case to the tension exploration. I think I like this combination best, it's what really sets these stories apart from random forbidden-love patterns (ones involving Sherlock-like "nerds" anyway), after all. (I'm currently in the middle of Mistakes of our youth, which is an interesting change, but it has the focus back in the relationship and does not have the very enjoyable detectiving bits in it - at least so far.)

I liked the way you combined the title of the story twice to the plot, by the way. Attention to detail. :)

I also learned at least two new words reading this story. I can't stop praising your highly entertaining and classy use of English. The historical details are sweet, too. Together with some bafflement I've got from the recent cinematic renditions of Sherlock's dealings with his archenemy, these stories almost make me want to go dig for electronic editions of the original books. But then I remember that considering when they were written, they're not likely to play so much on the tensions between the characters, and it'd be a notable portion of the enjoyment lost! Oh well, maybe at some point in any case, but probably translated.

I spotted a single typo: Watson is once spelled as 'Waton' in the first quarter of the story. In case you're the edit-polishing type.

Thanks for this!
Peregrinate chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
D'awwwww. Ingenius. I loved every word of it.