Reviews for I'll Follow You Into the Dark
garnet86 chapter 10 . 2/21/2014
I think it's great that you're putting effort into rewriting this story! But I also hope you're going to continue because those new chapters are really promising because the characters are all likeable and well-written. I'm very curious as to what might happen next in this new version and wish you good luck with continuing!
Guest chapter 6 . 6/29/2013
bellac611 chapter 6 . 2/18/2011
great chapter. cant wait for more.
The Selkie Luna chapter 5 . 12/30/2010
please update! why not make the joker like her but is jelous that she likes bruce?
Night's King chapter 1 . 12/25/2010
This is bloody marvelous! Not the story, or your walking cliche OC, but the fact that you have taken two of my greatest fanfiction hates-well, I reckon it may actually be three-and combined them in one easy to flame story. For saving me time and effort, I applaud you. I don't applaud your fic, though. Oh no!

Jennifer Dawes is BOTH Rachel's sister and Bruce's secretary. Ah, it's so fooking bad I can't stop laughing. Do you know how many OCs are Rachel's sister? I'd wager hundreds. I had great fun with an emo one not long ago. Anyway, how many OCs do you wager work for Bruce as his secretary (none of these god be damned birds can have any other job)? Once again, hundreds. Oh, the examples I could rattle off. So many to choose from.

You have combined these two contrite, done-to-death OC stereotypes. It's like the Human Centipede, it is! All horror and vomit and sh*t!

Since you can't make an OC who is original, it follows that the story will likewise be a cut-and-paste bastard I've seen in one form or another more times than I care to recall. And baby oh baby, is it ever!

Jennifer Dawes is Rachel's replacement. You, you shallow little ponce of an author (or awful, as John Lennon once wrote) don't like Rachel. For whatever reason. I don't care why, frankly. Your dislike of her is so obvious. She's made your OC's life SOOOOO unfair. Mummy and Daddy loved RACHEL best. Rachel was better in school and everyone loved her more. Poor Jenny could never live up to Rachel's greatness. Jenny had to wait for Rachel to put her makeup on in the bathroom. Rachel was "an idiot" for telling the Joker off and only Jenny was smart enough to see that. Marsha Marsha Marsha! You prat.

Because you don't like Rachel, Jenny gets to have all her parts. Jenny gets to get thrown out the window by the Joker. Jenny gets to get friendly with Bruce Wayne. Why can't Jenny be the one blown sky high by a few barrels of gasoline? Oh, right, because she has to shag Bruce!

On the subject of Bruce...this lowly Jenny knows he's Batman. She's so clever, such a little genius, she figured out her boss was Batman. No. No, that's ridiculous. If your OC/Sue figured it, everyone down to the bums in the back alleys of the Narrows figured it out yesterday! He's Batman! His paperboy doesn't know it, his tailor doesn't know it, and his bleeding SECRETARY sure as sh*t doesn't know it!

So, following in the mundane, banal path of stories before you, your OC:

A) Steals Rachel's place

B) Is supposed to be better than Rachel

C) Is kidnapped by the Joker

D) Knows Bruce is Batman

E) Works for Bruce Wayne

F) Wants to get in Bruce's pants

If these were published works, you'd be liable for copy-right infringement. You have done nothing but steal ideas that were already decrepit and stale as the Crypt Keeper and make them suck more. You have invented, or xeroxed, an OC who has appeared in nigh the same form a million times before. You're as original as car chases in an action movie. You're as talented as a dead dog dropped on a typewriter.
SpencerxDemon chapter 5 . 10/3/2010
Ok get this. My name is Rachel. And there's Rachel Dawes. My best friend is Jennifer who is so much like a sister. And there's Jennifer Dawes, sister of Rachel Dawes!

AHHHHHH! My life is crazy!
inevitablethoughts chapter 5 . 6/29/2010
Please UD soon(:
ImaJokermyself chapter 3 . 3/10/2010
Hey Hurry up this is really good. I wanna read more :). Honestly its a great story you really need to update.
HurogWalker chapter 5 . 2/23/2010
O, do continue... Fun story so far, I'm excited to see where you take it.
deleted9 chapter 5 . 2/15/2010
You know...I'd be flattered to be so important to someone's plan...well...someone that's not crazy and a murderer haha but still, if you have to look on the bright side, at least you matter to him in that respect. Not that he couldn't find another way to get to Harvey...obviously, given the movie, but still haha. I'd really prefer not to be tackled...if I can help it. Oh wow...definitely not like to get my ankle smashed either, jerk. I think it would work with that scenario too...I sort of got hints for that pairing when she was working in the office. I went back and looked at your changes, great job! I'd carry a gun too if I lived there, geesh. Anyway, it might be short but it was still a good chapter! Loved reading more of the story. Can't wait to see where it's going to go!
deleted9 chapter 4 . 2/13/2010
I'd love a job that let me read all the time. That would be pretty amazing. Working for Bruce Wayne wouldn't be so bad either lol. Sometimes you have to just forget what your parents thing and do what you love. Oh goodness...finally gets a day off to think and just relax and then he shows up hah. That would be quite eerie too, seeing the park so empty of people. Great job with this!
Jokai chapter 4 . 2/13/2010
Great update! Love the cliff hanger. Please hurry with the next chap
deleted9 chapter 3 . 2/12/2010
No problem, glad I could help! Good luck on everything!
deleted9 chapter 2 . 2/12/2010
My brother does that...makes us wait on him or just brings ANYTHING and everything back to him sometimes; it drives me crazy sometimes! Tame Bruce Wayne...that always makes me so sad lol, he just needs someone for himself. What do you picture Jennifer looking like? Oh wow...didn't expect that..why did she even have a pistol hahah! That's pretty great though. You have to give it to Bruce though. He has superb timing. Great chapter! Loved how you brought her into the story!
liVe-yOur-fAntasY chapter 2 . 2/10/2010
I like the story so far! Update soon, please!