Reviews for Millennium
DarkflowerOfJc chapter 2 . 1/6/2014
Why did you drop a ton of left for dead zombie on team in the authors note. . . what happens in the authors note happens in the story!
Bright Eyes Illusionist chapter 12 . 9/10/2013
So awesome! 3
Kelekiah Galadrian chapter 12 . 6/4/2011
I can’t believe this is the end of Millennium. Sure, there’s plenty more to come after this, but still. It’s kinda like a slap in the face.

It’s nice to know that their game didn’t affect the past, but it did still affect the real world, though that in itself is troubling.

I like the spell that shows different colors for heartbeat, soul, magic, and whatnot. That’s really cool.

I’m glad Bakura was a bad guy in this story ‘cause if not, I would’ve been devastated to find out he died. But it’s a good thing here, so I’m happy. We can all do without him now.

I can’t help but wonder what happened to Shadi and if he’s ever coming back.

It appears as though Tea’s got a lot of explaining to do. I laughed really hard when Kuriboh showed up and startled everyone. I love Kuriboh’s I’m glad Mahado send them all out to spread the good news. In light of that, I’m glad everyone’s attempting to rendezvous at the game shop. It really will be good to get everyone together.

I also can’t help but wonder what kinds of problems are going to show up because the Shadow Realm is loose. I have a feeling Voldemort is going to want to kill Atem, Yugi, and Harry, so he might show up, but the Blue Eyes sisters mentioned a war on the horizon. That actually worries me quite a lot XP I can’t help but wonder if it’s a war for the monster realm or if it’s a war among Muggles, Shadow-Touched, and wizards.

This leads me to wonder, where is Reaper of the Cards in respect to the Clanverse timeline? I’m having a slightly hard time figuring out where to place it in my mind. And I also wonder if you’ll have the chance to finish it and post it here when we get to it in the timeline.

I’m curious to see how Dumbledore and other wizards take these new circumstances. I desperately want to know his position on the current situation.

Once again, I feel really bad for Luna. Losing her father like that would be hard. All she has left now is the Clan. That’s really sad. I also hope Hermione’s parents don’t freak out too much. They might be pacified for the time being, but who knows how they’ll feel with the new plot that I will eventually learn about.

I’m glad Atem has decided to stay with Yugi and co. for the time being. It would be sad for him to leave after everything that’s happened (I wouldn’t be too worried anyway, what with Reaper of the Cards in development).

That’s a phenomenal ending for Millennium. Excellent. This has made me even more excited for the next arc. I’ll get to it as soon as I can so I can enjoy more of this awesomeness.

I’m sorry the plot changed on you, but I’m sure you’ll handle it amazingly. I’m excited for more!

Loving this story times infinity,

Kelekiah Galadrian chapter 11 . 6/4/2011
I’m very proud of myself right now. At this rate, I’ll be done by the end of the day and all caught up. I LOVE THIS SERIES!

I’m glad Yugi, Joey, and Hermione survived (of course, I knew they would, but, you know) and that Yugi brought Yami back. Oh! And that Yami and everyone else, really, knows his true name. Atem it such an awesome name. And he used it to kick Zorc’s butt.

In all honesty, I REALLY like Nen and Sera. They are very cool. And speaking of awesome OCs, I wonder who this Princess Shani is. And I wonder if I’ll find out anything about her in the next chapter or not, or even future stories or whatever.

I wonder if everyone’s going to rendezvous back in Domino at the game shop. It would be good to finally get everyone back together, but it might also be more of a plot twist if they all stayed separated.

I’m glad Seth and Atem defeated Akhenaden and, as sad as it is, I think it’s best that Seth became Pharaoh. I’m pretty I understand this correctly when I believe that even though the happenings of the past were different the second time around, the effect on the future was still the same.

That tidbit on the Book of the Dead was interesting. I actually don’t know as much about that book as I would like. I should look it up one of these days.

I’m so close to the ending of another arc in the lives of the Clan. I’m excited to see what happens next and how much more you can throw at them. Probably through the rest of the HP books, huh. This is going to be a fun ride—I’m psyched! But for now, I’ll finish this story with the last chapter.

Onward I go!

. . . I dunno why, but this review feels rather empty as well. How odd. . . .

Kelekiah Galadrian chapter 10 . 6/4/2011
Alright, so I didn’t manage to get to these chapters last night, but I’m back on track, at least for a little bit.

I’ll say, it was very refreshing to hear from everyone else in the world even though I’m worried sick about those stuck in the past. It was nice to see some we haven’t seen for a while, like Fleur and Leon, and seeing some new people is nice, though I fear I’m never going to be able to keep everyone straight.

I’m honestly scared that one of my main groupies is going to die, someone from the Clan or a close friend. It was sad enough that Luna’s father died.

I really like seeing how many Shadow-Touched Duelists there are and their Ka monsters, or Deck Masters, or whatever they are. I like Luna’s, Arzu. Which makes me wonder what’s going to happen to Luna if she’s in the monster world. I’m also interested in seeing Fleur’s Ka. We didn’t get a chance to see him in this chapter.

I feel bad for everyone who’s mourning over Yami, Yugi, and everyone else who went to the past. That would be so hard to deal with.

And this review feels empty and emotionless to me. I can’t think of anything else to really comment on. I will say that your endeavors to be complex are working and it’s so cool. You’re amazing. I never would’ve thought of a plot like that. Amazing. I look forward to more twists and everything. I also look forward to finishing Millennium so I can begin the next story

Onward I go!

Your faithful, loving fan,

Kelekiah Galadrian chapter 9 . 6/3/2011
OHMIGOSH! I’m so sorry, Joey! I’ve been meaning to get to this forever ago but life got busy and I continuously put Millennium off. HOW RUDE OF ME! I hope you can forgive me!

There’s so much to comment on, man, I don’t know where to start. Let’s see, I hope Ryou and Draco are okay. Their side of things isn’t often all that clear, so I’m a little confused, but that’s okay. At least they’re both alive. And Robyn is a complete enigma. I’ve never understood her. I can't help but wonder where she's going to take Ryou and Draco, and herself, of course.

I’m glad Yugi beat Bakura and that he and Joey found Yami’s name (though Yugi more than Joey), but I’m worried as to what’s going to happen to them now that the Valley of Kings is no more (of course, I know some spoiler stuff, but if I say anything, I might spoil it for someone and that wouldn’t be nice). It’s sad that Yugi’s disappearance drove Yami to fight to the death. I can’t believe he stopped breathing! Yami can’t DIE. That’s . . . unfair!

I don’t think Hermione can really change the past all that much, but it’s nice to know that she tried to protect Kisara. I feel bad for that poor girl. She’s so abused in YuGiOh. But it seems as though her attempts are in vain since she kinda ran her Ba meter out. Stupid worthless Akhenaden. He’s such a jerk. I never really liked him and still don’t. Probably never will. But in light of that, I’m actually a little scared as to what’s going to happen to Kisara and Sera, even Hermione since she appears to be kinda dead.

In all honesty, I started laughing when I saw a section dedicated to Voldemort. I don’t really know why, but I did. It was actually rather good to see something from him. I laugh to know that all his Horcruxes are being taken from him—that’s a really good addition and I really like that

It was good to see that Seto cares so much for Yami. A lot of people don’t let him develop in their stories so he stays a jerk all the time. I really adore that you allow Seto to grow and become a better character, developing him the way a writer should. His concern touches me.

I am SUPER PSYCHED to see how you finish this arc off and what happens next. It appears as though dinner is going to delay me a bit more from continuing my attempts to catch up, but I swear I shall catch up soon.

Forever your faithful, adoring, loyal fan,

Kelekiah Galadrian chapter 8 . 4/24/2011
I’m really glad that I’m on the third of the eight chapters to read for you. I just feel myself flying through them, though pausing to review interrupts that flow and takes quite a lot of time. I fear I won’t be able to finish all the chapters tonight. . . . I’ll do my best, though!

Although this has nothing to do with your story really (a little bit, but not much), I feel I must rant about something that doesn’t make sense to me in the Memory World arc. I absolutely detest the fact that Yami and Bakura are supposedly dueling in a Shadow Game even though both of them are participants of the game and don’t know about the Shadow Game (I think you’re handling this much better and the way you work all the magic stuff makes sense, so this isn’t a blow at you, it’s a blow at the canon series). Of course, this is coming from the person who detests dueling. This honestly feels like a pointless rant; I should probably focus on the story and review that instead of ranting about the canon series. . . .

In light of that, I really like the opening scene with Bakura and Yami in the Shadow Game. The way you worked it was very impressive. Your description is beyond belief (throughout the whole thing, not just the first scene). I really enjoy reading your work.

From the sound of things, the Shadows won’t be resealed at the end of this story. I have a feeling that will be taken care of in the next story (I really shouldn’t read summaries of stories that come after ones I have yet to complete). But for the time being, it appears as though it will cause immense problems for those in the future. I hope Mai, Harry, and co. will be okay. This is probably a big mess for Mai and I’m sure she doesn’t want to relive anything from the Shadow Realm. I really like Airo, by the way, and I look forward to getting to know her better. She seems like a really cool character.

Ugh, Bakura can be such a baddie sometimes (which is good from the writing perspective, but man does he annoy me). Choking poor Yugi and then challenging him to a duel. Positively rude, I must say. I hope Yugi beats the crap out of him.

I hope there won’t be too many more deaths in the priests. Unless they die heroically. Heroic deaths are alright, albeit sad, as all deaths are.

I’m very glad Seto and Yami are smart people in order to figure out where Akhenaden has gone. I hope they can get to Sera, Hermione, and Kisara in time because I for one don’t want to see Kisara die here. It’s highly probable that she will, but still. She doesn’t get enough credit in canon and it depresses me.

As a side note, I’m honestly curious and don’t recall if I’ve ever asked this before. The dub series calls her Ishizu, but you use Isuzu. Is there any particular reason for that?

I look forward to reading more of this and finding out what it is you have planned for both this book and the next one. Unfortunately, I’ve run out of time tonight and won’t be able to read them all. It seems as though three chapters is as far as I’ll be able to make it. I’ll see if I can find time this week to catch up, but I’m going back to school and it’s the end of the year. Woo hoo.

Just to let you know, in case you already didn’t or hadn’t guessed yet, I adore this series and everything you’ve done. You’re an amazing writer and your description is fantastic, especially here in the fanfic world. Fanfic-quality stories aren’t usually very good. I’m glad yours isn’t fanfic quality at all.

Kelekiah Galadrian chapter 7 . 4/24/2011
Alright, here I am at the next chapter. Let’s do this thing.

First off, I feel really bad for Yami. He’s getting a lot of people killed and that would be hard for anyone to deal with. And now that he knows about how the Millennium items were made. I’m just glad Mahado was able to reassure Yami in the sense that his father wasn’t responsible but his back-stabbing uncle, who really sucks, by the way. I really hate that guy. I feel bad that Yami’s father died after discovering the knowledge of the creation of the Millennium items. I don’t know if that’s actually canon or what you added but I love it either way. All your extra ideas and additives in this story (especially since we don’t actually know a whole lot about Atem’s life) make it so much better and really add to it. I like that a lot.

Again, Yami is a very strong person. He’ll continue to fight for the ones he loves even if he is on the brink of death. That’s a very good characteristic of his. You really exemplify that in your fanfics, which is a great thing.

I’ll be perfectly honest, I really like Sera. The way you built her and inserted her into Yami’s past is absolutely amazing. She’s like Hermione, but her own person at the same time. I really like how she takes in Hermione’s lies—which are very intricate and make lots of sense. It’s good that we have characters like Hermione and Sera, even though lying is definitely a habit we don’t want to get into.

I feel really bad for Yami and his priests. Poor Shada and Kalim. I am curious as to why they turned to sand, though (please note that I’ve only seen a handful of episodes from the Memory World arc so most of this is rather unfamiliar to me). The battle in the final scene was very impressive. I really enjoyed that.

Again, your writing is absolutely amazing and I can’t wait to read more. If I have the opportunity, I’ll look up your friend. It’s good to find books that keep you engrossed. Unfortunately, I must admit that Ennead doesn’t really appeal to me. I dunno why, but it didn’t. I might try to read it again later and maybe my tastes will have changed by then. I hope that doesn’t bring you any offense.

Kelekiah Galadrian chapter 6 . 4/24/2011
AHH! JOEY TAYLOR, I’M SO SORRY! I’ve been meaning to catch up on emails, but everyone keeps updating and I have so many PMs to reply to. I’ve done my best and now all I have are your updates left. I’m going to do my best to get them all done soon, I promise! Since Millennium is now complete and you have the next story up, I’m going to work my hardest to read, review, and most importantly, enjoy the ride. Forgive me for being so late!

Just a note, with that in mind, these reviews might be a little small because I happen to have a headache and am having a hard time thinking straight.

Oh boy, had to glance over the previous chapter to remember certain things that had happened. Ugh, it’s been too long. BUT, I remember enough to be able to continue on here.

The first scene was honestly rather alarming (though still awesome). If Nen could see Seto and Hermione, then who else would be able to? That could cause a lot of problems in the future (good conflict and tension for the story, of course, but still). Which it did, naturally. Leave it to Seto and Hermione to get themselves into trouble with Seth and Sera.

I really like the story Hermione came up with to tell Seth, Sera, and Mana. It fits their situation and their needs without revealing too much. True, it is lies, but it makes sense for them to have to use lies in this arc. It’s not as though they can honestly admit to everyone that they’re really people from the future.

I think it’s funny that Yugi and Joey have to think about trying to get past the guards when, obviously by being spirits/souls, they wouldn’t be seen. The guards are obviously not magic users, which definitely explains why they weren’t seen and Seto and Hermione were.

I’m very glad Yami was found. It’s possible that he could have died from both exhaustion and dehydration. That would NOT have been good. And leave it to Yami to want to go back out and chase Bakura down. It makes sense, of course, but still. He’s injured and suffering from heat, exhaustion, and dehydration, and still he wants to follow Bakura. At least he’s doing his best to protect his past and his people. That’s always a good thing. He’s a very strong person and makes a great Pharaoh and leader. It’s good that we have Yami around.

I’m glad Yami sent Nen back to protect the palace and its occupants. I really like Nen and your characterization of him. He really does fit Joey’s personality, though different to fit his surroundings.

I’m honestly excited to see Yami’s reaction when Seto shows up out of the blue. Hope it doesn’t ruin the story Seto and Hermione created to protect themselves. That could be more awesome conflict, I must admit.

I feel I must commend you on your description skills. I have read quite a few fanfics that take place in the Memory World arc and most of it lacks the necessary description and additions. Most people wouldn’t think twice about Yami getting a drink to quench his thirst or his muscles hurting from a long walk through a cave. I love that you pay some attention to detail. It really adds to the story rather than forming around dialogue only. Thanks so much for that.

I normally don’t like to add these, but I feel it important to mention that the way you use “bemused” is technically incorrect. It’s not the same as “amused,” which is how you use it. Bemused actually means “confused” or “engrossed in thought.” Most people tend to ignore these kinds of comments, but being the grammar Nazi I am, I couldn’t help but bring it up.

This chapter was amazing and I’m sure the rest will be as well. I’ll do my best to catch up to where you are and let you know how awesome it is. Of course, I’ll enjoy every second of it.

Moriko no Hikari chapter 12 . 4/24/2011
*dancing and singing* The Shadows are free, the Shadows are free! Free, free, free at last!
Darkly Dreaming chapter 11 . 4/17/2011
YAY! ATEM!

*SRC*
Setoglomper chapter 11 . 4/15/2011
Loved this chapter! Great job! :)
Renaisty chapter 10 . 4/15/2011
No, no, no, no! Y-Y-You k-k-killed them! Now what? Please, update soon, I'll die from the wait!
Darkly Dreaming chapter 10 . 4/13/2011
!

*SRC*
Kayla chapter 10 . 4/13/2011
It's good to see what's happening to the others.