Reviews for Metaphysics
squarepancake chapter 7 . 3/24/2010
Lovely chapter. I quite enjoy the verse. Hmm- I do wonder what Edward was going to say after the moth poem that Alice kept interrupting. Probably something that would alienate Bella further. Because he's good at that. Goes to show that no matter how long you've been around, boys can be dumb.

I'm sure Edward is once again disappointed that Bella didn't remember everything from the night before. Though subtly teasing her about her dreams was fun.
GothicTemptress chapter 7 . 3/24/2010
Just as he gets under her skin, he has the same effect on me. I don't blame her for replying in monosyllables. And going to the cemetery at night...how...goth of them. ;) Another great chapter.
loudashope113 chapter 7 . 3/24/2010
Again, my dear, this story is truly lovely. Your verse is beautiful, and I love the way you worked in the other poem as well.

This Bella is so AWARE, and yet so clueless. She catches every little bridge-pinch and side comment. That inkwell thing was brilliant. I wonder when our lovely is going to start putting two and two together, hm?

Oh, the comparison to a cockroach hit a nerve with Edward, even if this is Carlisle's past and not his. I love how beautifully you portray the tenuous relationship between E and B. Edward has not been simply forgiven of everything for some kind words and a steaming cup of tea. One mistake or misstep has the power to unravel all of Edward's kindness because of the level to which he hurt Bella.

And the wolves...I will be interested to hear that back story. Although there is a part of me that does not want Jacob to feature prominently in a romantic sense in any fic, I am sure you will do it well.

You have also captured the unstoppable force of Alice and her fashion sense without making it too "Bella Barbie." And the Jasper wink - guh.

I have some working theories on the mystery that I might PM you with later. Feel free to not answer any of them and leave me begging for more. :-) Nice chappy. This story is my new favorite.
aj79k40 chapter 3 . 3/24/2010
They're first meeting (in London) was very entertaining. I'm looking forward to future interactions!
sashasimon chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Saw a review on the lazy/discerning ficster and said "That's the story for me!" Wonderful, I tore through it and am reveling in the mystery. Can't wait for another installment.
candysays chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Yay! This is going to be so much fun. This line made me laugh out loud: "By "my door" I meant London"

Metaphyical learning (of a sort) would teach us that "Wit fancies beauty, beauty raiseth wit;/The world is theirs, they two play out the game." I'll be looking forward to see how the game plays out here, but so far, it seems the mysterious Mr. Cullen could have benefited from advice that comes toward the end of the poem:

...Only a scarf or glove

Doth warm our hands, and make them write of love.

Thanks to the inimitable SR for the rec.
LUM1NOUS chapter 6 . 3/23/2010
Your story is lovely! I feel like I'm reading Bronte with the beautiful imagery. I wonder what Sophie wrote? Can't wait to find out!

It looks like you've posted your 6 chapters in the last 5-6 weeks. Do you post roughly about once a week or is it just when the writing bug bites you? Just curious. :-)
madnun chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
I really can't say how much I'm enjoying this fic. I love your flowing, poetic sentences and the mystery and the angst between Edward and Bella. I also love how it's set in London, so thanks for that, it's quite refreshing. I've read so many stories set in the Pacific Northwest, I feel like I've been there or something. Anyway , coincidentally I discovered your little gem whilst I was sitting in the same library of the same university. I got such a weird kick out of it, highlight of my days so thanks for that too!
athena-apollo chapter 6 . 3/22/2010
I'm so glad I found this story! It really is amazing.

So is this "William" supposed to is Carlisle?
Putnam Grey chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
I became intrigued by this fic when I read the rec on the Lazy, Yet Discerning Ficster. I thought I try it out and see what the hype was about. Boy, am I ever glad I did! This is really original, and your writing is phenomenal. The descriptions truly enable me to see everything playing out before me in my mind's eye. I love where you decided to have Bella and Edward's relationship end in high school with his departure after the van incident. Not many fics go in this direction, so this was very refreshing. There is a good amount of suspense with Bella trying to solve the mystery behind Sophie's correspondence. It really has me on the edge of my seat wondering what Bella will realize. She is, after all, a fairly perceptive girl. I'm certain she'll dig deeper and won't accept anything for face value. The flirting between her and Edward is both hot and endearing. It has me craving more!

Again, I'm so glad I found this fic and began reading. You've got me hooked; I'm in this for the long run :o)
forbiddenkisses chapter 6 . 3/21/2010
My first impulse was to say that you've captured me with this story. It wasn't until I had actually written the sentence that I realized just how inadequate that statement was. I am utterly enraptured by this story. Your writing is exquisite- I am a proud English major and I have a penchant for well-crafted stories as well as a deep appreciation for people with well-developed vocabularies. You have such a vocabulary and your story goes beyond being well-crafted. I cannot wait to see where this goes. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this and thank you for making the decision to share it with the world.
Claw chapter 6 . 3/21/2010
This is so beautifully written. It's eloquent and timeless, truly.
chibichanga chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
i saw the rec on the ficster by Sebastien Robichaud and had to read it! I love it!
Hoosier Mama chapter 6 . 3/21/2010
Hm, I wonder what exactly Edward's job is while Bella sleeps...

I've enjoyed reading your fic. It's highly intelligent and well-written. I can't wait for the mysteries to unfold.

Right now I'm as sleepy as Bella at the end of your last chapter, so I'm likely making no sense at all. I'm off to bed.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

HM
loudashope113 chapter 6 . 3/21/2010
earl grey is delicious, so, no, it is not blasphemy, even for a good irish girl. this is a lovely story. Your Bella is so smart, without the bitterness so many "slighted" Bellas in other fics possess.

And your edward...guh. He is so canon, but he without some of his more annoying condescending and overreacting tendencies. An edward who has learned from his mistakes? how refreshing. And he is quite dreamy, to boot.

I love it...you paint a beautiful picture. I followed Sebastien R. over from TLYDF, and I do not regret the procrastination from my thesis one bit :-)
2,129 | « Prev Page 1 .. 127 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 .. Last Next »