Reviews for Metaphysics
isabeausink chapter 2 . 3/29/2010
I apparently will never think again about what I do in the same light. My literary/historical stalking is removed by about 10 years however, not a couple of hundred. I do not think though that my proximity lends any more safety to my subjects of study. Being obsessive/possessive of our *charges* is an occupational hazard. Can't wait to see how your characters will use, or not use, restraint...*Restraint*...How very canon.
isabeausink chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Hm...Thick prose and, so far, a heavy veil that will not lightly be tossed aside. That's fine by me. I found your story recced by Sebastien Robichaud. I will read anything that this author suggests. It seems that I am a sucker for an Edward that *roams the dark hallways of Academe.* SR mentioned A.S. Byatt. Looking forward to seeing how your fic is similar. But then again, I prefer deviance.
dorothy's ruby slippers chapter 7 . 3/29/2010
I just tucked into this tale today, and I am so very glad that I did. Your writing has such an elegance to it. The link to Carlisle's past, and the AU twist on cannon are very clever and intriguing. I very much look forward to seeing where you will take us.

xoxo,

drs
movieandbookgirl chapter 7 . 3/29/2010
I'm intrigued to know where you plan to go with this fic. I am really enjoying it so far. Also, your poems are wonderful and it/s impressive how well you've made them fit with the story. I look forward to reading more chapters in the future!
sherebis chapter 7 . 3/29/2010
New reader, big fan... so...

it is better (for Edward) to be a part of beauty (part of BeautyBella's life)

for one instant and then cease to

exist than to exist forever
coors1977 chapter 7 . 3/29/2010
Writing of this caliber has no business being on a fan fiction site, but I'm so glad it is. This is incredible.
boobycat chapter 7 . 3/29/2010
Oh ... I like that Bella isn't letting him get away with his antics.

I didn't leave a review for the previous chapter but I adored the piano recital. Your subtle reveal that Edwards playing was mirroring Bellas breathing and heartbeat - breathtaking.

Very much looking forward to the upcoming EPOV!
mysecretshame chapter 7 . 3/29/2010
I continue to love this story. A lot. A frightening lot.

Small quibble: in the last chapter, Edward tells Bella he'd been afraid to touch her skin for fear it would sear him (or singe him?). To the reader, that makes perfect sense, because we know he's a vamp. But why did that make sense to Bella? Even in her half-awake state, it should have registered as odd or mysterious to her, no?

In any case, I'm hungry for more, and happy to devour whatever you decide to put on the plate.
atxcullen chapter 7 . 3/29/2010
Wow, I am thoroughly caught up in this mystery of William and Sophie now. And I am beyond mystified as to how you will bring Edward and Bella to reveal their true feelings. Edward seems so guarded still, so will it just be the amount of time he spends with Bella that wears him down? Will it be reading Sophie's letters that clue Bella in as more is revealed about her connection to Carlisle and the light bulbs will start turning on for Bella with Edward and will she still think 'it doesn't matter' by the time she realizes? I don't remember being intriqued and having so many questions .so early in a fanfic. You could really put the mystery label on this story as well as drama and romance. I'm grateful for the lack of angst and for the incredible amount of UST that Bella's fantasizing alone provides. So will the whole story stay from Bella's POV and then the London 1688 flashbacks? I'm dying to know what is going through Edward's beautiful head in some of these scenes and interactions.
Seagull83 chapter 7 . 3/29/2010
Just finished reading the story so far and I am loving it. Looking forward to seeing where you take it :)
boobycat chapter 5 . 3/28/2010
Unputdownable.

I'm still reading as I try to cook spagetti bolognaise.
boobycat chapter 4 . 3/28/2010
"I never got to enjoy any sinning when it came to Edward, I only received the aching discomfort of repenting at my leisure."

Perfect. You have a fabulous turn of phrase. Witty with a delightful sprinkling of saucy.
boobycat chapter 3 . 3/28/2010
Some of the wittiest, cutest stuff I've read! Packed with dry humour, I have to be careful I don't miss any of of Bellas jokes (so often at her own expense).

Just loving it.
mysecretshame chapter 3 . 3/28/2010
I like your Bella. She's smart and motivated and has a spine. And she's feisty. You hint at a maturity - sexual and otherwise - that canon Bella was too young to have. And a naughtiness Meyer's Bella might never have acquired.

The tone and pacing continue to be really appealing. I can't wait to read the rest of this tomorrow!
boobycat chapter 2 . 3/28/2010
What a delightful find! Full of wit and dry humour. I love beautiful concise clever writing.

Your summary of the fated high school back story was gorgeous, as is the run down on the haunting by dream Edward.

My imagination frequently "goes rogue" :-)

really looking foward to the rest.
2,211 | « Prev Page 1 .. 127 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 147 .. Last Next »