Reviews for Boys Will Be
Crimson-Youkai-Zero chapter 7 . 11/18/2002
Crap, i couldn't find the chapter where Allen was kissing...um well you know a person hes not suppose to be kissing, but i really liked the story. HEHe, i wonder what Van might think is had seen that. Bleh!
Aerika S chapter 7 . 11/2/2002
Oy! It sure hit the fan in this chapter. I expected for there to be a serious fallout when Eries learned of the whole Allen/Marlene thing, but I didn't expect Dryden to be the one to bear the brunt of it. Allen was a giant jerk to do that, but I can see him lashing out like that. He didn't become a bandit because he's good at dealing with pain and anger. Or complicated amorous feelings, apparently. I liked how the revelation about his feelings for Dryden was handled because Allen, throughout the story, has been someone who does things because it's what is expected of him rather than because it's what he wants to do. Of course, this revelation comes a little too late to do anything about it. Or is it? You can't take Dryden away from us!
paxnirvana chapter 7 . 11/1/2002
Wow. Thanks for sending me a notice that you had a new chapter up. Great work! Oh, the pain that misunderstandings and self-deceptions bring! Poor Dryden! Poor Allen! What a great story... and it *is* heading toward where they began in 'Four Minutes' kinda isn't it? Oh, Allen's feelings now... what a mess!

I greatly enjoyed this chapter. The images, as always, are stunningly clever, your art droolingly lovely, your Dryden the kind of bookish, flippant, too-intelligent boy I would have loved to have met in High School and probably wouldn't really have appreciated like he deserved... *sigh*. The pictures sum the impact of each scene very well.

More! More! *laughs* Nothing like greedy readers, eh?
Tayles chapter 7 . 11/1/2002
*grins* Me likes it a lot! *sings* #Allen loves Eries! Allen loves Dryden! What's he going to do now?#

That, dear writer, was excellent. Am on the edge of my seat. I want more!

Nice pic of Eries at the end too .~

Until next time...

~Tayles.x
youjibaracuda chapter 7 . 10/30/2002
this is *so* funny! allen and dryden...who wouldda thought? ::raised eyebrows::

i love it!

LOL

more! soon!
Serena B chapter 7 . 10/29/2002
Have I already told you how much I love this story? Probably. _

This latest chapter was a little more angsty than previous ones, but it was a nice change. I like the fact that Allen is finally coming to terms with his feelings, but he had to be such a prat to Dryden in order to figure things out. Poor, poor Dryden. I feel so bad for him. *thinks* You have a thing for torturing the man, don't you? *grin*

See ya next chapter!
Stelmarta chapter 7 . 10/29/2002
wow, two chapters in less than a week. Good job! And excellent angst in this one, really top-notch, and totally in character, too! oh, and by the way, thank you so much for making Allen bi, it's so much more canon than any other versions of him that are out there.

keep writing!
Ron and his Sakura chapter 7 . 10/28/2002
Augh! poor everybody! and more torment? update soon please.
wombat chapter 7 . 10/28/2002
Dear Lordy. Allen- and Dryden- and heck, well, everyone in this chapter is so humanly vulnerable, trying and failing to reach out to each other and hurting them instead. I don't know how you do it. And the background linkage to "Four Minutes" (dang ff.n for removing it; dang them to heck) is breathtaking.

My only teeny gripelet is that after that one scene from Eries' POV, her reaction seems to be presented in a relatively cold, remote way- perhaps fitting, since that's the nature of her reaction itself, but its immediacy to Allen is only shown indirectly by his anger at Dryden. Maybe he's all displacing it in that direction? Maybe it's just zipping past my brain cell?

Overall, though, wonderful work *again*, wrt both the illos and the story itself.
Sasame1 chapter 6 . 8/14/2002
Oh dear lord. Didodikali... you are too much. I can just see Dryden sitting there blowing on his invisible tea - all googly-eyed for Ms. Millerna. And I laughed head off over that illustration you have up of Eires ready to pounce in Chapter 5! (And the kitty - I love the kitty doll) You are so good, woman! It should be illegal!
paxnirvana chapter 6 . 8/14/2002
You know... I'm torn between begging for more and patiently waiting for all the pretty pictures... *sigh* I'm enjoying this story a lot... the description of what it's like to really fight versus what he's learning as a Caeli is interesting, but... but... the end of last chapter! Evil teasing... (!)!(!) Allen has *no* comment on that? Did he forget? Yikes!

And, of course, Dryden's fallen in love with Millerna. Already! *yeah!* Are you intending to set them up for 'Four Minutes' or just get them to the beginning of the anime? Curious, but fascinated either way. Great work!
Remalna chapter 6 . 8/13/2002
I'm still totally enthralled by your work, and I really enjoyed reading these last two chapters of "Boys". Rotating the POVs is very successful: it gives the reader an omnipotent look at the characters. For example, from Allen and Eries' perspective, Marlene is loose and even silly, but she doesn't act like that in her own perspective. The two perspectives are both coloured, but letting the reader experience both allows the reader to make her own decision. I'm not explaining myself very well...uh...just that I can't wait to see/read more! Great art BTW!
Serena B chapter 6 . 8/12/2002
Yay! A new chapter! Woo-hooo! *does cartwheels*

I'm really hyper. Seriously, I loved the latest chapter. You have the most wicked sense of humor. I love the way you make everyone more down to earth, so to speak. *cackles randomly* Yeah, I need to lay off the late night snacks.

Anyway, lovely chapter. Lovely illustrations. Hope to see more very soon. Or I'll have to polish off the old pitchfork. (just kidding. I'm really not that crazy.)
Aerika chapter 6 . 8/12/2002
Awww. A little bit of happiness before impending doom crushes them all. The Dryden and Millerna bit was adorable. From such small beginnings...

Thanks for giving Mahad some story time. He gets overlooked constantly (the perils of being a man in a prettyboy world) but his actions towards Marlene and Chid speak well for what a great guy he was.

Now bring on the angst. Can't wait to see what your evil little laugh was for.
Bunny-Butler chapter 6 . 8/12/2002
Until now, I never felt bad for Marlene's husband. That's what I like about this fic, it shows how the main events in Escaflowne affected the characters besides Van and Hitomi. Great update! Thanks!
71 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »