Reviews for Wrong
catinahat chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
brill. absolutley brilliant
G chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Fantastic!

I love this story. It is always a daunting task to read a story when one sees how long it is, but the words flew by in this
loulou193 chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
Another wonderful story. If only Mary could stop being so stubborn. I wish Anne could have had her prince in real life. But I guess then Elizabeth wouldn't have had her golden reign so that's ok. Loved this !
SassyAni chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
wonderfully written as always, you are so good at getting into peoples' heads, its amazing!
Alece chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
Fabulous! I love the way you write The Tudors characters. Can't wait to see what your next piece has in store for us!
CocoRocks chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Amazing job at writing this story. It was very enjoyable but also sad.
Starfire201 chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
It took me a while to review for this, as I wanted to think over my opinions of this very carefully before doing so. I think what struck me most about this piece is the fact that Mary cast blame towards Anne when it was others she should have been more upset at. She blamed Anne for causing her mother's death. What stuck out to me though, was the fact that Katherine had it suggested to her she go to Ludlow for safety. Whatever the truth behind the motives for the suggestion (true care, though Henry was no longer in love with her; using it as a claim for abandonment, etc.), SHE was the one who listened when her advisors told her she should stay in London to avoid the claims of abandonment; SHE was the one who chose to stay and fight rather than going to join her daughter in safety with better chances of staying in good health. If anything, Mary should have been more upset with her mother and the advisors who asked her to stay, even when they knew a dangerous illness was running rampant. However, her grief and love for her mother prevent her from accepting this or even thinking about that possibility. It would shatter her to believe that, so she blames Anne.

She blames Anne for taking her mother's place and usurping what she believes is her right to rule as Queen of England. Yet other clues were present. Her MOTHER believed it was Mary's destiny to be Queen. Her father was always of the mindset that he needed a son. A major clue to Mary should have been the fact that he wanted to legitimize his bastard son, Henry Fitzroy, before he ever met Anne. Her mother believed it was God's will that Mary rule England. Her father believed his lack of son was a punishment, and would have done whatever it took to see he had a male heir.

To go a bit further with that, Mary blames Anne for taking her father's love from her mother. I read a book on the subject of Henry's wives that Henry was never as much in love with her mother after the loss of their firstborn son as he had been when they first married. Plus the mistresses he had showed he didn't have the same love for her he once had. He had respect for her, and perhaps some nostalgic feelings, but he was not in love with her. Her father was the one who made the choice to end the marriage, and if Anne hadn't been there, another woman would have been. Emotionally, she can't accept the idea that it was her father who was chiefly responsible for the loss of what she believed to be her rights nor can she accept her father was not as in love with her mother as she thought, as she loves her father, so she blames Anne.

Besides the blame, her grief and love are blinding her to the fact that her lot could have been worse off. Henry did indicate to her that her lot was better off than it would have been had her mother lived, but Mary, being a child who loves and misses her mother cannot see this. She assumed that her mother would have won, and things would go back to normal. She didn't realize just how stubborn her father was with the idea, and couldn't have realized that her father would have looked for every means he could to end it, and that her and her mother's lives would have been far worse.

In the end, Mary's way of thinking makes her believe that everything went wrong. But in actuality, she seems truly unwilling to believe that everything went right, for her life was far better off than it could have been.
Robin4 chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
You continue to be able to give me the chills. Excellent one-shot! I adore every single Tudors fic you've written.
malfunctionjunction chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
Typical Mary. You have written her as she would have reacted; she's so stubborn and she can never truly forgive someone who she has believed has done her wrong.

Great job!
blairbear014 chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Lovely. I think it's very realistic for Mary to have felt this way and a very good depiction of her feelings. You're a really great Tudor fic writer. I just want to know when/if you plan on updating On The Edge of a Golden World?
Boleyn Girl13 chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
A wonderful one-shot! I enjoy when you write Mary in any scernio, and this was no exception. You captured her stubborness- inherited from her mother- very well. She knows that she is right and that no matter what anybody tries to tell her, she's worse off that her mother died, even though in history she is just as miserable. You also give another dimension, of a girl who just lost her mother. She loved her mother very much and idolized her to the point of obessesion. So nice job handling the balence of her stubborness and her overall sadness. Another great one, Regan.

Marissa
Vain x Life Poetess chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Unfair how life played on Mary in the fic and on real life, the story was great, like many of your story it has become a success and attracted attention, partly because you do good in getting into the minds of these past figures, and show wise you do them justice so we feel like we are still seeing the show in your stories.

Carolina
The Happiest chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
expectacular! no words!
Ladyjaxs999 chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
Amazing story! This is going to my favs.
MonicaOP chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
I really enjoyed this story, it took me by surprised that you chose to use Princess Mary's point of view, specially 'cause you showed the complete stubbornness that wouldn't have left her, no matter what.

I think you really took this plot bunny and delivered it in an amazing way, Anne and Henry would have had a happier life without the conflict that Katherine delivered in the original story.

I would have liked to see more of the vision of the people in the death of the queen and the survival of the favorite, but you wrote this story in a way that showed they where ok with it without mentioning that.

You made a beautiful story with such a tiny idea, thank you! Be well, Monica