Reviews for Thundarr The Barbarian in Curse Of The Vampire
Blaze chapter 9 . 4/22/2011
Such good workmanship! You should definitely pair up Thundarr and Ariel.
CMR Rosa chapter 9 . 1/5/2011
You did a very good job.
CaliBrat chapter 9 . 10/26/2010
WOW! Great story! I used to love this cartoon when I was a kid and it's awesome to see fanfic for it! Do you have a sequel in mind, because if you do I'd love to see it!
Model Builder chapter 9 . 8/18/2010
A rousing ending to a good story crossover! This story was fun and entertaining. I am looking forward to more of your TTB crossovers in the near future.
Model Builder chapter 8 . 8/15/2010
The part about Thundarr coughing-up vampire dust (after slaying one with his Sunsword,)was a nice touch. I also liked the scene where Dracula wonders if a mok could be turned into a vampire like a human. Very good.

I can't wait to see the Final Battle between Dracula and Thundarr!
Model Builder chapter 7 . 6/17/2010
I'm glad to see that you have added another chapter to "Thundarr the Barbarian in the Curse of the Vampire."

This chapter has plenty of character development and interaction, basically serving as a "bridge" between the big fight scenes in the previous chapters, and (I'm guessing,) an even bigger Final Battle in a chapter yet to come.

And I have to wonder about the post-Apocalypse world setting and milieu. Of all things remembered, I never would have guessed that "Daisy Dukes," "Filipino Sticks," and the "Spine-buster Slam," would be among them!

Looking forward to an exciting conclusion!
Model Builder chapter 6 . 4/17/2010
Chapter 5 and 6 were both fun and full of action, action, and more action. (Not to mention some VERY adult situations and imagery.) This is sort of how I imagine what "Thundarr The Barbarian" would look like if it appeared in "Heavy Metal" magazine, (illustrated by Richard Corbin, of course,) as opposed to being a kid's cartoon on Saturday morning.

As with your first chapter, your paragraphs are too long. Shorter ones would be better, especially when showing intense action, (such as a fight scene,) to allow your readers time to catch their breath.

Looking forward to reading more!
Model Builder chapter 4 . 4/4/2010
I really like where this is going. Granted, TTBITCOTV is a 'formulaic' story, but in this case, I mean the word in a good way, because you are following established formula and traditions. (I know that we will be safe from reading about "sparkly" vampires here . . . .)

Because vampire stories follow the same basic formula, the writer is free to concentrate on the action, characters and background details. And in this respect, so far, so good, not only with Thundarr, Ariel and Ookla; the descendants of Abraham Van Helsing and his "biographer" Bram Stoker were also believable.

The pack of children vampires was a classic touch, well handled. And kudos are to be given for having Dracula state the name of "Countess Bathory Erszebet" in the last-name-first order dictated by Magyar traditions.

I am looking forward to more.
Model Builder chapter 2 . 3/27/2010
Well, this is getting off to a good start. And you are to be commended for staying with established vampire lore (i.e., sleeping in a coffin, burning in sunlight, turning into a bat, wolf, or mist, etc.) I just can't get into vampires who "sparkle like diamonds," in sunlight.

I was immediately able to visualize your Dracula as looking and sounding like a cross (please pardon the expression,) between Christopher Lee and Bela Lugosi.

And while we are on the subject of crosses, I like how you had Yando describe the crucifix's function to the Groundlings (but does Yando know the true meaning of the icon, being a historian, and all, or is his knowledge of pre-disaster history really that spotty? He did not recognize the vestments of a priest, after all . . . .)

The main complaint that I have with your story is with the format of your first chapter. Your paragraphs are too long, and there was too much telling as opposed to showing. This was NOT a problem with Chapter 2, which had very good flow.

You may want to consider revising your Chapter 1; possibly by splitting it into two chapters. Oh, and maybe begin with a scene featuring Thundarr, Ariel and Ookla. They are the stars of the story . . . .

Can't wait to read more . . . .