Reviews for Students of the Snake
Dragon Man 180 chapter 2 . 2/9/2010
Nice use of Danzo and Root. I would love to see Orochimaru feed Danzo to the snakes. I really hope Jiraiya is just ignorant... it could also be Sarutobi hasn't told him everything. If Jiraiya were to be horrified by Naruto's treatment I hope Orochimaru would allow him to help train Naruto. Rasengan is pretty good, I don't see Orochimaru using anything similar that is sealess and easy to use once learned.
Kazuki Shikimori chapter 2 . 2/9/2010
Yeah, the site could use rarer fics like this. I've only seen like...3 or 4 good Orochimaru fics, 1 potentially-good-Uchiha Fugaku fic (hasn't been updated at all though), and even a good Homura and/or Koharu while Danzo is usually about as high as neutral in some and not "good".

Heck, we see a bunch of fanfics where Hiruzen is made to be a bastard (secretly usually), tons where Kakashi is a total bastard (openly), even some with others like Kurenai and such are bad when it comes to Naruto and all, so why not more where people who are constantly made to look bad/evil/etc look good? Could have just as big, if not bigger changes as a result.

"very nice start, but for some odd reason, i just can't imagine orochimaru all nice and shit, i always expect him to be the cool evil guy who kicks two sannin's asses while two hands down (literally - dead hands, but still kicks jiraiya and tsunade's asses), to think of him as happy is more creepier than he actually is. oh well, its a nice concept that i look forward to reading. update soon"

Well, all 3 of them were handicapped; Orochimaru with his arms (but still able to perform non-jutsu-wise except for Summoning through Kabuto.), Jiraiya by bring drugged (only up to 30% of his chakra), and Tsunade already injured from fighting Kabuto. A better example would probably be him against 4-tailed Naruto; able to hold him at bay with various techniques and getting away alive, and on a failing body no less.
Lady Laran chapter 2 . 2/9/2010
Orochimaru finds out about Danzo..blood will fly.
Deathmvp chapter 2 . 2/9/2010
Nice second chapter. One question are you makeing Jiraiya a good or bad godparent? If you are making him good have him tell Orch alittle about the Akaski and that is why he has to stay out. If not may I recomend a scene where Naruto is attacked out side a bar with Jiraiya in said bar. Personly I hope you will go with the first since I like Jiraiya.
P5yCH0 chapter 2 . 2/9/2010
Sounds like you're cooking really cool story. Don't even think about stopping.
Chewie Cookies chapter 2 . 2/9/2010
Oh, damn, Danzou's at it again...
Vallavarayan chapter 2 . 2/9/2010
heh- orochimaru is actually one cool character- infact, he was the one villian in naruto that i actually respected. hope u dont make naruto a part of root and get him to decimate danzo :-D
ghiblilover chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
An excellent first chapter. Will the ninjas who would have been the sound four join konoha?
Big-smexy chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
I like were this is going please don't give it up. /_\
Chewie Cookies chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
Very nice! I like this so far.

Keep up the good work!
hhrforeverhhr chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
Deathmvp chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
I relay like how he was thinking about trying some "unscrupulous" things but is not because he will have less time. May I recommend even going one step fearther with this and make (the plant sensie) younger in this. Make it so it is not Orochimaru that started it but one of his assistance. Normal, ie cannon he would have helped and taken over but with him watching Naruto he could tell the 3rd about it. This would make a good scene showing how he has changed from cannon and even give a possible team mate for Naruto.
Knight-Bishop chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
This is an awsome start to a story and i cant wait to see what happens next. Update soon please

Your loyal fan,