Reviews for The Way to a Man's Heart
Azkas19 chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
I love Zaki. I love his boringness. But his obsession with anpan borders on creepy. I think there's an episode where he sent a new year's card to Gintoki, and it said 'anpan' all over. Anyway, this is superbly done. Imagining Hijikata with a come-hither look has combusted my brain. Not because it's sexy. It's just too damned funny. Thanks for sharing this :)
sadisticnihil chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
Rofl! Best last line for a fanfic XD hands down! Lol! Awesome writing! I loved it! :D
cy-grl chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
Awesome!
HopelessOsaka chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
WHY IS THIS SO BEAUTIFUL

WHY DOES THIS NOT HAVE TEN BILLION REVIEWS

sAh Fukuchou's ass/s - in every review, I assume.
mysoxlike2party chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
OOOOOOOOHHHHHH YEEEEESSSSSSSS.

This is what Im talkin bout baby.

Love HijiYama.

There really arn't enough Yamazaki fics out there... IT MAKES ME ANGRY.

But your story made me happy! A very happy yaoi fangirl o_o
lazeee an demented chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
Oh dear, not sure what to say about this. It was just so Gintama like, the characters and narration. Dammit it was awesome, and it had Yamazaki. 3 Hope you write more.
stereochemistnovemberian chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
Ah Fukuchou's ass

I THINK I JUST BROKE MY SPLEEN! THIS IS SO HILARIOUS! I love your Zaki and Hijikata characterizations. God, lewd, mayo, sausage, mayo, humor...love it to pieces! I really needed a break from staring at my biochem text book...I was going through crack withdrawal and this fic fixed it! yay!

I haven't read that chapter yet and now I kinda want to read it; oh the temptations just keep coming one after the other when you have exams. *weeps*

I'm sure Zaki's very happy now! Thanks for sharing!
taoT chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
Gotta love the Yamazaki love! This was hilarious, and very, very Gintama-ish. Nice work, keep writing!

taoT
Troubled deeply troubled chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
You'd already won me over completely with "..those complicated Chinese sausages that must be fried up and served with rice.."

*sob*

so true. Why must you speak only the bitter truth?

Ngh. Such a wholesome fic with just the right proportions of humor, cuteness and LEWD AND SUGGESTIVE SAUSAGE SCENES (WAIT. WHAT SAUSAGE ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HERE? IF IT'S A SHINSENGUMI SAUSAGE, ISN'T YAMAZAKI'S ALSO A - Oh.)

Ngh. And it's filled with such canon characterizations (oh god, it's so true that Hiji's face gets so obscene when it comes to mayo) and canon tidbits too (hahah, I see you also picked up on that one image where Hijikata's drunk and force-feeding Zaki with mayo 3).

"Sometimes he would creep up to them and take one out. He would shakily caress its smooth outer casing." - WHY IS EVERYTHING YOU WRITE ABOUT SAUSAGES EITHER AWESOME, DISTURBING OR LEWD? ARE YOU SECRETLY AN AWESOME, PERVERTED SAUSAGE MAN?

I guess my only crit is Hijikata's sauntering though. Is sauntering really the right word for him? Do Shinsengumi demon vice-commanders really saunter? I disapprove /. Shouldn't he be SASHAYING his way out of the room instead?

And the speculation that Hijikata MIGHT be suffering from atherosclerosis and/or fatty liver. WHY? *sob*

Also. ""Maybe you're an eccentric mangaka who hides in his room eating anpan all day." "And I'm your editor or manager who meets with you to discuss your progress at lunch."

I WANT TO SEE THIS IN ANY AU FORM SO BADLY (DOUJIN, FIC, PICTURE, ANYTHING).

This fic is only pure win for the the YamaHijiYama faction of manry love!

(lol, sorry for the troubling review)
anpanma-i mean fantastiquement chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
oh godd i love the way you've written yamazaki! you had me in fits of giggles with his straight man rantings. is it selfish to ask you write more? i adore this pairing. 3
istanzia chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
Ohmygosh! You have such a lovely Yamazaki voice, it's so much fun to read it! And Hijikata, with his golden poo charm... *cracks up with laughter*

This is seriously hilarious, you managed to capture that wry, sarcastic and downright funny voice that Gintama has and I can totally visualize the scenes in my head.

and Yamazaki? I agree...