Reviews for Setting Sail
Sasori33-001 chapter 1 . 4/30
Oh, you're writing is magical...your portrayal of Itachi - from the slight nuances in his facial expressions, to his stubbornness, and his haughtiness - and Kisame's inextingquishable spirit and love of water - you did it all so well (too well!) and so perfectly...as if they actually existed in real life...

And your description of the scenery around them; I find that scenery and setting are hard when you're putting fictional characters in the real world, but you did it, and the part with the stars in the sky and the two of them laying in the grass *swoon* I can die peacefully now...*sigh*

And I love the KisaIta hints (oh did I love those parts)...it made me curious as to what Itachi's home life and the circumstances concerning Sasuke were like...anyways, I hope you write more KisaIta in the future; they're my favorite pairing!
Hevith de Zar chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
beautiful 3
Alexa Hiwatari chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
wow its cool
OneMooseTwoMeese chapter 1 . 3/1/2011
I think I missed a random slice of life with no real reason to exist too, even though I didn't know it until I read this. I really liked your characterization and just...it. Ilked it. Thanks!
TaintedAngel chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Cute and sweet Win!
ThePepperSheep chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
sigh...

After reading this story I just wanted to hop into my car and drive to the California coastline...pity I live so far away from it...

This story was relaxed and easy going - your writing style and tone really made the setting. The whole time I was reading it I could feel the sand and smell the briny air. I love your Kisame so much - he just seems to be such a beach bum. And Itachi? Stuck up, overachieving and overprotective - describes him in a nutshell.

Great job, I'm going to stalk your profile for more wonderful stories!
Ceri Moriarty chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
I loved it! Such cute KisaIta slice of life not-quite-dating-ness! Love the pairing, love the story.
SkywardShadow chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
I just kept laughing...and laughing...and laughing. XD Somehow you managed to space out the funny lines so that just as we finish giggling over the previous one, another comes along and cracks us up all over again! If I were to start listing favorite lines, I'd be here all night. Seriously.

Ahh, slice of life. Loved it. I'm actively looking for the KisaIta hints now, which I blame you for entirely. You write those two so well.

Awesome fic! Fabulous work!
Akatsuki210 chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
This is really good! Is it meant to be set in your Path-verse? If so, my only complaint is that there isn't any mention of Itachi's relationship with Deidara. I like the line, "Being there for my sibling, even if being there is collecting him from gutters in the middle of the night and holding his hair back for him".

I'm glad to hear that the third "Path" fic is in the works! I can't wait to read it-maybe some of the other Akatsuki members could make appearances?
MaiaNishikawa23 chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
this was cool. I liked it. Though there are some character issues.

I am a self proclaimed character analasist. And though i doubt you'll take me seriously I would like to give my opinion on your writing.

Like how itachi cared about his responsibilities too much. He loves his brother but he really just wants to be free of the duty of life and that's what he tries to do most of the time.

I'm glad you took him sailing. He really needed that. _

His sense of humor was off. When Itachi makes a joke normally he's just too fast to follow though sometimes kisame catches on.

I liked how you made Itachi very private. I don't think he'd have a hard time as much though with exposing his physical body- it's more his emotions and self that he doesn't let people in on. I can totaly picture him in shades. He does that when he goes out in public so people don't recognise him. And a newspaper too because of the markings on his face. Dead giveaway.

He was intuitive. That was good. Itachi's intuition is one of his greatest advantages in everyday life.

Kisame seemed to put up a bit of a fight at times, which is unlike him. When itachi says something, Kisame always respects his wishes and never protests. Itachi does argue a lot though, im glad you protrayed that.

again, I enjoyed reading this. Good job!
Jellybean06 chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
I squealed when I saw that you wrote KisaIta...even if it's just hints. And this was so cute! XD

I love the comfortable atmosphere that those two have around each other; the familiarity and trust makes me smile even if it's not outright fluff. Kisame's attempts at lightening Itachi's mood are pretty amusing..."just drink the fucking drink" AMEN XD

"Blind jokes are a little below the belt, Kisame" That cracked me up (especially since I also have terrible eyesight and wear contacts).

Thanks for sharing!
RosaLui chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
I love it. :D
coinc chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
A KisaIta from you! I clicked on it so fast I nearly sprained my finger.

I really really really enjoyed this because of the mood that was set and the water motif, which of course fits Kisame to a T. I loved the relaxation and camaraderie, which is a great facet of KisaIta interaction that isn't usually touched upon in fics, but AU gives a great opportunity to explore that. You really made use of it here!

Personally, I thought that this story was consistent with your characterizations of Kisame and Itachi in other work and could totally be arbitrarily fitted into the LCA universe and other stories :) but, maybe that's because I just enjoy your characterization of them that much and want you to write more about them!

Thank you for a lovely and very sweet slice of life. I could see this scene so clearly, and enjoyed all of it!
BrandNewOrange chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
I wuv it.

I always love how you write Kisame. He's so awesome, he reminds me of my best friend sometimes. I'd like to go out drinking with him.

And I can't believe you weren't going to post this. I'm glad you shared it!