Reviews for The Brave Ones
Reader chapter 1 . 4/25
This took my breath away. Amazing job on this.
Katamabob chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
Beautiful and sad. Amazing.
Markus Ramikin chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Very impressive.
SkywardShadow chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
That was awesome. Every scenario was easy to picture happening. You wrote everyone so ridiculously well! Matt's coming-of-age terror ('Somewhere in this world, he knows L is not'-great line, btw), L's analytical thought process and utter exhaustion (the mental picture of L and Light passing an hourglass between them was terrific, as was the little hint of BB ;D), Misa's continual patience (I can so see her embroidering and childishly acting like she's fine until she suddenly breaks), and Mogi's thoughts on everything and how it ended. Fantastic.

In regards to something in your A/N-about how "some people can still produce quality"-you would know. You are among them. xD
Armagnac chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
I really like this - melancholy, introspective, and a lovely job on the characterizations. And nice attention to detail with the way you determined the order of their deaths based on the numbers floating over their heads at Yellow Box.
katen1993 chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
*sniff* such a great story... *sniff* made me cry...
thebookhobbit chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
F, this is amazing as always. ;_; Dang you are good at picking out quotes.

And writing, of course, but that's incredibly obvious.

I think I liked Misa's best. It was so sad and so perfect and still kind of adorable, which is amazing. But Mogi's was pretty awesome, too. Melancholy, but it has a sweet tinge, and Matu's manner of death was nice, as these things go. L's had some amazingly poetic writing, it seems like it'd be great to read out loud, very beautiful.

And Matt's, of course, was lovely. Makes me want to give the poor boy a hug.

And, hooray for Idefic, because man he totally doesn't get enough in the world and you write him in the most lovely way. And oh, that's a great moment you picked to write about.

In short, wonderful.
mrs.Llawliet chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
I thought this was really well-written. And I liked the characters you focused on, including some of the lesser-written-about ones, Ide and Mogi. This is really good :3
Brook Weed chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
Why d'you write so awesome. e_e
Sonar chapter 1 . 2/9/2010
I loved the whole thing from start to finish including the ones with Mogi and Ide.
phollie chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
I was going to wait until the morning to review this in order to not sound like a blubbering mess, but I'll opt for the blubbering mess just because it's my honest reaction.

Oh, lord. Oh lordy lordo. These are my favourite kinds of fics, the little snapshot moments that weren't explicitly stated in the actual story, but could have very well damn happened.

1. Matt

I -adored- the imagery here, from the "dust dancing lazily in the streams of gold" to "the sleeves of Matt's jersey are too long". Every word and phrase just illustrated this bittersweet, warm scene that made me melt. The emotional side to this section is beautiful: Matt, all alone now, lingering on a quiet note because Mello's out and blazing and Near's out and working and L's out and erased.

And then there's Matt, in plushy socks and somewhere safe, yet so aware of everything shifting around him. Numbing.

2. Ide

God knows we love our Ide. And our Aizawa. And, dammit, our Matsuda. You really never go wrong when you write these guys, dear. You make them sound so real that it's painful. "Matsuda is standing there shaking and looking like -this-." Your use of language at the end of that statement is stunning. "Like this." That's so subtly powerful, as opposed to flat out saying "Matsuda was standing there shaking with this exact expression on his face and this and that and lots of stuffs, ya dig?"

And comparing Light's body to Christ crucified made me suck in a breath and turn away for a moment. I muttered a little, "Who…" That comparison gives me chills.

3. L

Wah, L. Why. Why why why. The sentence "L can feel the fight running out of him" is downright heartbreaking, as well as "He is so, so tired." The little illusion to Beyond Birthday was incredibly clever too, if I'm on the right page. :D

4. Misa

This section was haunting, from Misa's description of Matsuda to the very last line. I mean, damn, the girl was lost the second Light collapsed on those stairs, and without even being aware of it until much later…that alone makes me pity her, her and all the things she sacrificed and hoped for…

Her devotion to Light has always made my stomach turn over, and your use of words and overall brilliance made it ache that much more.

5. Mogi

No Ide's the first to die a-wah mah heart!

Ahem. Yes.

I think this passage will go down in history of post-Kira goodness. I had a dumb moment when I read that Near died; I was actually surprised that he, you know, DIED because my mind kind of holds him as this immortal being. I have no idea why I do that. xD

But besides that, my god. My heart. The thought of Mogi and Matsuda being the last two standing, the two that were always the odd ones out for different reasons. The image of Mogi at "the final bow", always the quiet one, always the brick wall. Whenever you describe a character as being tired at the end of the fight, it always makes me tear up. Everyone on that case needed sleep. Long, undisturbed sleep.

So if you can't tell, I frickin' loved this. Until my heart went all explode-esque.

And HOLY CRAP THANK YOU OODLES OF NOODLES for that entire author's note! I went all blushy-hooplah again and I've been inspired to the millionth degree to write something for you. Anything you want, love. Mello on a unicycle, Near on the moon, L on whoever, you name it. xD