Reviews for Shades of Grey
Elliot chapter 14 . 7/29/2016
I can't wait to read the sequel!
Elliot chapter 1 . 7/29/2016
Oooh, I adore this concept. Ali and Zev never made much sense to me. But this, I can understand. The Warden being gone, them being alone to face it. And it's a real possibility for how things could have gone after the game. I'm hooked.
HazelTree019 chapter 14 . 10/5/2012
Love this, will definitely be reading it again! :D
gingergen chapter 14 . 4/6/2012
Lovely story - I enjoyed it very much. I loved the way you started off each chapter with that call back, too - that's not an easy thing to do well, and you handled it deftly.
BlackStormShadow chapter 14 . 1/7/2012
I love the whole story and when Zev came into the meeting naked and bloody, and Alistair instantly went to his aid ... to the disappointment and shock of everyone else.

I have an odd feeling that Zevran not only pushed Alistair away because he needed to finish what he went there to do, but also because he felt like he had betrayed his lover by getting himself freed from the evil place with his lustrous looks and evident charm, from flirting with what's-his-name (the big burly guy that made the Sten look small ... obviously he needed to love cookies too though)and using the lust from the other man to free himself.

He should have stopped at the door, ran back and hugged the poor guy, then left. :)
Raven Jadewolfe chapter 2 . 3/28/2011
poor Alistair
Raven Jadewolfe chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
omg it feels so sad...
Iapetus chapter 14 . 3/24/2011
I'm a bit late to the Dragon Age party, having only just finished Origins last night, but I am so lucky to have found this story shortly after. I'm not usually fond of the whole "we both used to like the same girl and now we hooked up" sort of story, but you did an exceptional job of it. This is, in part, because it wasn't the only part of the story you told.

I liked how believable it was that they got together, and how the relationship helped bring Alistair out of his depression.

The torture parts were difficult to read because they were so easy to picture, and I commend your attention to detail that you must have researched. It was also very kind of you to put a warning and summary for those who might have problems with it.

The only bit of critisism I have is that it tends to throw me out of the narriative when I see things like "the ex Templar," "the almost Templar," "the former prince," "the Antivan," and so on. I think that they can be used occasionally, but should be used like a potent spice. It makes writing these sorts of pieces so much more difficult.

Lastly, I have to say that the bit about how taking off a belt is sexy is one of the best bits of description I've read in a long time. Fantastic.

Thank you so much for the story!
Kyogou chapter 14 . 3/16/2011
This story made me forget how to breathe. Literally.
ArgetlamShadowmoon chapter 14 . 1/11/2011
Yay! I really liked the story. I cried when Zev was tortured, and I felt happy and sad for Alistair after he gained Anora's support. I do have one question, though. Are they a couple or are they just using each other for the comfort and pleasure? The former is more Alistair's thing, the latter Zevran's. I was merely curious as to the nature of their relationship. But I really loved the story and I look forward to more from you!

-Corey
LordDesh666 chapter 14 . 12/30/2010
Love it, loved it, loved it... What can I say... Loved it. It was perfect and sweet and I hate that it is over *pouts*. Please continue)
6275mystic chapter 2 . 12/13/2010
very good chapter. an odd ending that i find quiet amusing. i really like the story line so far though! :)
RequinTigre chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Good job, I honestly enjoyed this story. :) I think the best part about it is the fact that it's believable. Instead of seeming like slash it comes across as something that could have honestly occured. Kudos!
Martinis and Mixed Feelings chapter 14 . 9/14/2010
I absolutely LOVE this story. I'm speechless. It's amazing. YOU are amazing.
1Scarylady chapter 14 . 8/28/2010
Hiya. I've just stayed up until 5.30am to finish this story, which will give you some idea how absorbing I've found it. The sheer amount of emotion you managed to generate between these two men was mesmerising, particularly in view of their differences.

Thank you very much for writing this, the pains you took over it were visible only in how smoothly it flowed.

On the criticism front: the only thing that bothered me was how often you referred to Alistair as "the former prince". It started to grate really quickly. So much so, in fact, that I think I'll be going over my own fic tomorrow, to make sure I haven't made any similar stylistic errors :o)